• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

Rate this streamer/DAC:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 24 4.7%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 144 27.9%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 341 66.1%

• Total voters

c3pored

Thanks for the replies and sorry I did not provide enough information. Right now I have my PC connected to the AVM 70 with a coax cable and run the video from the PC via HDMI to my TV/Projector, only because running HDMI from my PC into my AVM 70 and then HDMI out of the AVM 70 into my TV was causing the TV to switch to Game Mode for some videos. Placing the PC on it's own TV input fixes this. I have no issue connecting which ever way is best :) Reading Abe_W's reply I do have a NAS with all of my movies and music and can try connecting that way as I was not aware that this setup (through the PC) could possibly be a bottleneck or degrade my sound, I do have an acoustically treated room, dedicated power and a conditioner. I have Anthem Signature M1 amps connected to my Anthem Signature S8s and use a Paradigm Signature Sub 2.
how do you access the NAS drive just now? I don't think the AVM 70 can access it directly (IF it does, Anthem are missing an big Shout Out in their advertising at this major function)

multisport4me

Getting back to the Eversolo DMP-A6, Futeko's website says its delayed again because of DHL. No clue on the Master version as Audiophics doesn't really say on their website about it specifically - they've maintained that May 18th is the date for the regular version.

Last edited:
Reactions: CMB

studlygoorite

how do you access the NAS drive just now? I don't think the AVM 70 can access it directly (IF it does, Anthem are missing an big Shout Out in their advertising at this major function)
I just watch my movie back ups from it with a Zidoo Media Player. Found this (see bottom) on the advertisement page though, looks like I have some experimenting to do, if it wasn't for you guys I would still be clueless.....thanks!!

The AVM 70 A/V Processor includes a robust set of streaming options that can pull your music in from local storage or from the internet. Thanks to Anthem’s high-speed processing and premium digital-to-analog conversion using high-end DACs, sound quality can be every bit as good as dropping a CD into a dedicated disc player. In some cases, high-resolution streams can sound even better than CDs, approaching the quality of SACD, DVD-A, and Blu-ray audio.

c3pored

I just watch my movie back ups from it with a Zidoo Media Player. Found this (see bottom) on the advertisement page though, looks like I have some experimenting to do, if it wasn't for you guys I would still be clueless.....thanks!!

The AVM 70 A/V Processor includes a robust set of streaming options that can pull your music in from local storage or from the internet. Thanks to Anthem’s high-speed processing and premium digital-to-analog conversion using high-end DACs, sound quality can be every bit as good as dropping a CD into a dedicated disc player. In some cases, high-resolution streams can sound even better than CDs, approaching the quality of SACD, DVD-A, and Blu-ray audio.
You definitely don’t need a separate streamer, your AVM 70 has lots of capabilities for you to try out plus room correction too.

multisport4me

Awesome. I'm jealous. I thought about canceling my order with Futeko and ordering from these guys but it appears they only ship within EU. Bummer. Please do post impressions once you get set up!

miketeachesclass

Forum Donor
I’ve just ordered one if these on Amazon US - I’ve got a Matrix Element X, so I’m curious how it’ll stack up.

Korvenwin

I’ve just ordered one if these on Amazon US - I’ve got a Matrix Element X, so I’m curious how it’ll stack up.

Matrix was one that I was thinking to buy. Too expensive for me. It would be great your impressions compairing both.

multisport4me

Darn - Amazon is showing a May 28th delivery estimate - I should receive from Futeko by then. Should being the operative word here...

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Misue ( of Eversolo) told me the MRSP for the standard version is £758 that is what I am selling them for and that the ‘Master’ version was no longer available.
I will ask him whether Master availability has changed, we have the standard edition in stock, it is Roon Ready and can and does play gap less .
Keith

dima_pro

Who got this device, could you please confirm if you can only select one output?
It would have been nice to have both Analog + Digital out running at the same time (like Fiio R7). They might add it in upcoming DMP-A8, if higher-end model is ever coming out.
With digital out running in parallel you can daisy chain another DAC or for me personally:

s-l1600.jpg

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I believe you can only choose one output at a time, here I have XLR analogue to my speakers, I will connect a USB dac later and see whether both outputs are illuminated but I don’t think they will be,

Keith

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Right so connected up a USB dac ,

But if you press USB dac then the XLRs switch off.
The Eversol app controls both devices.
Keith

does anyone knows if the eversolo create much heat?
and use much energy in stand by?

I want to place the device in a pretty small cupboard without much ventilation.

my class d power amp stays pretty cool in this cupboard , 38 degrees Celsius max.

would like to replace my node and topping d90se with this streamer, for easier usability for my wife (hopefully).

Top Bottom