• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

Rate this streamer/DAC:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 25 4.8%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 144 27.9%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 340 65.9%

• Total voters

Technix

Hm, the EverSolo gets more interesting by the day, seems i bury my fanless audio PC poject without a second thought, as it would cost me 3x at least.
The Master Edition is tempting, the question is will those upgrated element make a difference? I just want to use the ES as a source for my Ares II, bypassing the build in DAC. I assume the Accusilicone clock and the OPA 1612 will rather have a effect on the DAC and analog output section or am i wrong?

delamelon

Congrats, you're officially a unicorn. :) It makes you unique and special but there aren't enough of you for manufacturers to build volumes of product(s) to cater to your special requirements.

I use Lyngdorf's room perfect too, I'm also a unicorn so ;)

Audiophonics

Dealer
Have you received a reply to your question?

The best I can find is the same information from Audiophonics that you provided a link to - which does not seem to "live up to" the price premium for the Master edition!!!

Some gold details on the case
2 ACCUSILICON FEMTOSECOND oscillators with noise reduction and improved jitter
OPA1612 with ultra-low noise and low distortion 1KHz 0.000015%

Does this really add up to the premium of €440 or so ???

Nothing about the Master edition at https://www.eversolo.com/Product/index/model/DMP-A6/target/7abWHw++oHhKKmVViAFMcQ==.html

Ed Shelley has given a positive but subjective review https://www.avforums.com/reviews/zidoo-eversolo-dmp-a6-zidoo.20790/ - no measurements.

If the DMP 6 really is as good as the reviews it is on my wish list unless anyone can recommend something similar that is better value for money, as good-looking, and in a single box.

Here is the official image received from EVERSOLO:

Attachments

• EVERSOLO.jpg
    EVERSOLO.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 609

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Thanks Audiophonics, I wouldn’t expect there to be any audible difference between models.
Keith

Nvk

Mac Mini M2 is only $499. Can your Raspberry PI compete with it?
A Rpi with decent PSU will sound way better than a Mac mini.

Installing GP on a Rpi and use it as Diretta endpoint will again enhance SQ.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Very much doubt that it will.
Keith

Leeken

I stand corrected. Maybe I'm the unicorn? :) It's all good. Enjoy the music however you'd like. :)
You’re definitely a unicorn and i claim the finders fee Use room correction with my Rme dac,it’s so subtle,not like twiddling knobs on an old graphic equaliser! Extended listening is where it really shows up.

Nvk

Excellent product this market and really disconcerting!!!
On the other hand, I do not really understand what proposed the version "Master Edition" to sell it 500 euros more ?? or at least that it is justified ?

https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/streamers/eversolo-dmp-a6-master-edition-streamer-2xes9038q2m-wifi-dlna-airplay-2-roon-bluetooth-50-aptx-hd-32bit-768khz-dsd512-mqa-p-17647.html?search_query=EVERSOLO MASTER EDITION&fast_search=fs

Does someone know how the 6pin connector is called from the PSU to the board??

multisport4me

I guess I never thought of room correction for 2-channel. I thought it originated in the home theater/multichannel world. But again....have at it. If it sounds good, keep listening!

multisport4me

Very much doubt that it will.
Keith

My understanding is that the Master is an extemely limited edition so I'm certain they're commanding a higher premium for that reason as well - not just a couple of different components. Since most don't think its worth the price difference then most should be happy to know they aren't making many of them so they need not worry about unobtainium.

starfly

Forum Donor
This unit in particular would really benefit from a 12V trigger out, to power on an amp. It seems like such an obvious feature to include in these streamer+DAC products as they'll usually need to be paired with a poweramp, yet most of them omit it.

PeteL

Major Contributor
See my version here (with the top opened). Rpi + balanced DAC and a bunch of components to make it all work. Total cost was ~$500-$600 I believe. Though no internal storage (didn't need it), and no advanced Bluetooth (didn't need it). Does have 2 12V trigger outs which I really wish more streamer+DAC combos would include. Turns on my Poweramp everytime I turn on this device.

index.php
Very Cool. I like that. It does kinda demonstrate my point tough. 500-600$ A lot of passion, time, and dedication. You have to get into these projects because you enjoy it, not because of the saved money.

starfly

Forum Donor
Very Cool. I like that. It does kinda demonstrate my point tough. 500-600$ A lot of passion, time, and dedication. You have to get into these projects because you enjoy it, not because of the saved money.
Honestly, I only built it because I couldn't find something off the shelf that had a nice large screen + 12V trigger outs. Mine has 2 that both triggers my Poweramp (also a DIY, Purifi based) and a self-made audio switching circuit that triggers relays to toggle between my AVR or the Streamer.

Otherwise I'd have bought something off the shelf. It was a fun project though! :)

It all really started because my Yamaha AVR has an Android app that allows me to stream well enough, but I couldn't skip forward or backward within the song. I sometimes listen to mixes that are like an hour long, and it really bothered me. The rest was history.

studlygoorite

?! Get a AV PRE PRO. Do you know of the existence of such devices?? It does everything you want it to do and a whole lot more!

Get the right tools for the right job.

Hi, I have an Anthem AVM 70 and never even heard of a Streamer like the A6 until I stumbled across the review by Steve Huff. I was curious if a unit like the Bluesound Node or this A6 would provide a better listening experience than what I have going now, which isn't much. Right now I have my PC connected to my AVM 70 then to my TV and I select my ripped music files this way (with windows 10). I have posted in the Anthem Facebook Group and received a reply that a Streamer would provide a larger bit rate (with more bits = better sound) I presume. That said, would I get a higher bit rate with a streamer (for ripped CDs) than I would connecting to my files from my PC? Not really into Tidal and Spotify as I own everything I want. I have the power and speakers and don't want to be bottlenecked by anything. I would appreciate any thoughts by anyone as if a streamer would give me better sound then I would want to get something ASAP :) thanks

c3pored

It all depends on your Dac but in this scenario the Eversolo internal Dac is probably better sonically but you have the option to switch to optical out into your AVM 70.
The Eversolo can handle DSD and MQA if that floats your boat as well as higher bit rate files. You don’t say what the pc/sound card/ analog or optical out you’re actually using so it’s hard to see if your bit limited by your current technology.

The Eversolo looks to be fine piece of good looking kit with lots of functions ideal for maximising access to Hi Quality Music files.

It can source your PC files by wire or via network so it’s visually less clunky plus can be app controlled from your seating area. You can try the free music available via Spotify, Amazon and Radio easily.

1) will Look good with your AVM70
2) Sound Better
3) Offer more scope for accessing music
4) controllable from your seating position

It’s on my Christmas List

PeteL

Major Contributor
It all depends on your Dac but in this scenario the Eversolo internal Dac is probably better sonically but you have the option to switch to optical out into your AVM 70.
The Eversolo can handle DSD and MQA if that floats your boat as well as higher bit rate files. You don’t say what the pc/sound card/ analog or optical out you’re actually using so it’s hard to see if your bit limited by your current technology.

The Eversolo looks to be fine piece of good looking kit with lots of functions ideal for maximising access to Hi Quality Music files.

It can source your PC files by wire or via network so it’s visually less clunky plus can be app controlled from your seating area. You can try the free music available via Spotify, Amazon and Radio easily.

1) will Look good with your AVM70
2) Sound Better
3) Offer more scope for accessing music
4) controllable from your seating position

It’s on my Christmas List
The AVM70 has DACS integrated, as all AV Processors. I really doubt there is a sonic benefit to put a streamer between his PC and his processor to get optical to his processor VS connecting directly the computer (which he obviously do, he does say he uses his TV to select his music). In the use case you mention it is still the same Anthem DAC. HDMI can do lossless, the AVM70 also have a Network connection and streaming capability. Plus it gives him room correction. The internal dac of the computer don't matter, it is not used. I don't really see how this gives him a larger bit rate.

c3pored

Kk
The AVM70 has DACS integrated, as all AV Processors. I really doubt there is a sonic benefit to put a streamer between his PC and his processor to get optical to his processor VS connecting directly the computer (which he obviously do, he does say he uses his TV to select his music). In the use case you mention it is still the same Anthem DAC. HDMI can do lossless, the AVM70 also have a Network connection and streaming capability. Plus it gives him room correction. The internal dac of the computer don't matter, it is not used. I don't really see how this gives him a larger bit rate.
yes, the limiting factor here is not the AVM 70 ( Roon ready, Spotify connect ) it’s a pretty formidable av amp. I would suppose if he was using his pc for movies too then it would be unnecessary to add a streamer.
He doesn’t say how he’s connecting the PC that’s where the bit limitation comes in (analog/coax/optical/usb/HDMI) but it’s not an issue for ripped cd’s only for HiRez downloads or DSD’s. I don’t think he can access the PC files from the AVM 70 outside Roon unless they’ve added DNLA or UPNP to the AVM 70.

If his PC was noisy or he wanted to de -clutter his listening/viewing room and move the pc out then it might be worthwhile but otherwise he’s probably best sticking with what he’s got and buying more cd’s instead.

Last edited:

Abe_W

Hi, I have an Anthem AVM 70 and never even heard of a Streamer like the A6 until I stumbled across the review by Steve Huff. I was curious if a unit like the Bluesound Node or this A6 would provide a better listening experience than what I have going now, which isn't much. Right now I have my PC connected to my AVM 70 then to my TV and I select my ripped music files this way (with windows 10). I have posted in the Anthem Facebook Group and received a reply that a Streamer would provide a larger bit rate (with more bits = better sound) I presume. That said, would I get a higher bit rate with a streamer (for ripped CDs) than I would connecting to my files from my PC? Not really into Tidal and Spotify as I own everything I want. I have the power and speakers and don't want to be bottlenecked by anything. I would appreciate any thoughts by anyone as if a streamer would give me better sound then I would want to get something ASAP :) thanks

Your AVM70 is already a formidable unit that will stomp over all these silly 2 channel streamers in EXECUTION because of the plethora of features it offers. You have zero reason to go with any of these other streamers and deal with their unpolished mediocrity. The latter may measure 0.000001% THD better and it matters diddly squat to your listening experience. Set up a dedicated NAS, keep all your files in the NAS and leave your PC out of it. The AVM 70 will stream your files directly from the NAS. If you insist on using a PC for something, you can install the Anthem control app on your PC as a control point only. If Anthem doesn't offer such a dedicated app for a Windows PC ( they offer it for Android only), you can install an application such as bluestacks on your PC and use their control app through there.

You can further improve the sonics of your AVM 70 by investing in room acoustic treatments, a dedicated power line, power conditioning, etc. Don't use some awful 2 dollar interconnect cables into your amps. You can get on aliexpress and pick up some very high quality interconnects for 30 to 50 bucks.

studlygoorite

Thanks for the replies and sorry I did not provide enough information. Right now I have my PC connected to the AVM 70 with a coax cable and run the video from the PC via HDMI to my TV/Projector, only because running HDMI from my PC into my AVM 70 and then HDMI out of the AVM 70 into my TV was causing the TV to switch to Game Mode for some videos. Placing the PC on it's own TV input fixes this. I have no issue connecting which ever way is best :) Reading Abe_W's reply I do have a NAS with all of my movies and music and can try connecting that way as I was not aware that this setup (through the PC) could possibly be a bottleneck or degrade my sound, I do have an acoustically treated room, dedicated power and a conditioner. I have Anthem Signature M1 amps connected to my Anthem Signature S8s and use a Paradigm Signature Sub 2.

Top Bottom