• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

Rate this streamer/DAC:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 25 4.8%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 144 27.9%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 340 65.9%

• Total voters

Jeromeof

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
This! If they already made the effort to customize the Android environment, there should be a dedicated DSP solution as well.
Yes it would be interesting to see how the customised Android environment works. In my experience, it can be great in the short / medium term to use Android for this type of product but terrible long term.

In that you can run all the latest apps now, but in a year or 2 the processor will be slow (if its not already a slow processor compared to a normal smartphone running android ) and third party Apps may stop working, you might also get security issues that aren't patched etc

But its hard for a manufacturer fully commit to Android as that normally means constantly updating the firmware (and the QA / testing costs involved) especially as in maybe 1 years time they will be selling a new version of this product, so likely won't care about updates to their older products.

dogmamann

Streamer + DAC = Future
This kind of products were available in market for some years now. Yet, even cassette tapes are making a come back nowadays. There is no definite future when it comes to audio. As long as the delusional audiophool community is strong, there is market for literally any “should-be-obsolete” thing!! Biggest proof is, passive speakers without DSP!

JktHifi

I read from the website that it has its own audio processing, not using from Android OS, similar to HiFi Rose. This is HiFi Rose on the cheap.
Here’s how Streamer should be, doesn’t need mobile phone to be sacrificed as controller such as Wiim Mini/Pro, Bluesound Node, NAD CS1, etc.

Last edited:

JktHifi

Meh!

The VU meters are cute and a fun novelty for a while, but not worth $850 to me.

I’ll stick with my Raspberry Pi and find something more exciting to spend the $800 savings on.
Mac Mini M2 is only $499. Can your Raspberry PI compete with it?

Reactions: CMB

Puddingbuks

Forum Donor
Streamer + DAC = Future
Streamer with digital out + active speakers with digital input = today (and yesterdays)

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Meh!

I’ll stick with my Raspberry Pi and find something more exciting to spend the $800 savings on.
No offense, but I wonder why on every streamer review, we still have some apples and oranges comparisons like this?

This is a finished, plug n' play, all-in-one product. It comes at a certain cost, and you have to consider both software and hardware development for it. Not everybody want separates, like some DAC + Streamer, and even less customers would wanna scratch their head with a Rasp. I sure have no problems with your own decisions, but I hardly see them related with this specific product. ;)

PeteL

Major Contributor
Meh!

They are not VU Meters, It's a multi function screen. The meters are just what Amir chose to show. Your PI don't have a screen. It don't have a good DAC with balanced out, it don't have HDMI outs. It also don't look very nice. Now if you want to compare apples and oranges, at least do it in good faith. Once you added, a balanced DAC, a display, A SSD storage, a Bluetooth module that support good codecs like LDAC, the time you've spent configuring it for audio streaming, how much of that 800 "saving" Is left? And show us your rig to see how it looks.

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
Like the output power for preamp tasks, we will see how software work's (which will either make or break it) and will they implement deacent DSP functionality (just a deacent PEQ is enough regarding me) which shouldn't be too difficult if general purpose ARM cores on SoC aren't too sluggish.

JktHifi

Like the output power for preamp tasks, we will see how software work's (which will either make or break it) and will they implement deacent DSP functionality (just a deacent PEQ is enough regarding me) which shouldn't be too difficult if general purpose ARM cores on SoC aren't too sluggish.
Yes, I also want to know how the software inside the device works. For example, how it will display the Qobuz albums/tracks.

Jukebox

Thanks for the review.
Interesting product.

I love the VU meters :)

Add a DSP with EQ, tone control and Dirac and you have a perfect product...
Is there any DSP inside ?
Doesn't have any DSP unfortunately; It's a streamer/DAC/preamp.
You can use Roon for DSP/EQ.

Petevid

Gorgeous unit. Should be source of inspiration for some brands.

Thanks for the review.
Yamaha spring to mind, it would compliment their top end audio amps which don't have DACs or streaming facilities.... although some do have VU meters. It could be the next iteration of their WXAD-50

Last edited:

sigbergaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Great review of what looks to be a great product!

Does anyone know if the volume still works on the digital outputs? The link to the user manual on the homepage seem to be broken.

AndreaT

Yes, I also want to know how the software inside the device works. For example, how it will display the Qobuz albums/tracks.
Yes, I wish I could assess in some depth the quality of the user’s interface: one of the strengths of the Weiss MAN301 is how easy is to locate and customize the choice of what to play from your SSD Music Library. It is not so with the UI of my Cambridge Audio.

JktHifi

Yes, I wish I could assess in some depth the quality of the user’s interface: one of the strengths of the Weiss MAN301 is how easy is to locate and customize the choice of what to play from your SSD Music Library. It is not so with the UI of my Cambridge Audio.
Is it CXN V2?

fredoamigo

Forum Donor
OK, I guess the manufacturer itself knows better ! ;)
Specs by @Audiophonics :
Excellent product this market and really disconcerting!!!
On the other hand, I do not really understand what proposed the version "Master Edition" to sell it 500 euros more ?? or at least that it is justified ?

https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/stre..._query=EVERSOLO MASTER EDITION&fast_search=fs

Top Bottom