• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Set-Up around Eversolo DMP-A6

Hi all,

I’m a newbie who has read through the forums here the last couple days to step up from a Denon M40 to a proper HiFi setup. I mainly stream classical music. I’d also use the speakers for our TV. The room is fairly small (3x4m) but with high ceilings and open to an adjacent larger room. I’m based in Europe.

Here’s what I have in mind:
1. Kef R3 (non-meta) (1100 €) - I understand they have a good low base performance for bookshelf speakers
2. Eversolo A6 as streamer, DAC, and pre-amp (900 €)
3. Fosi Audio V3 48 volt power amp (100 €) (https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/fosi-audio-v3-amplifier-review.45757/) - I understand this suffices given low sensitivity of R3 (87 db) and prefer to save some bucks here

I like this setup because it’s lean (few devices) and affordable. The speakers have enough power to move to a larger room at some point.

Upgrade potential: If needed, I may add a subwoofer (probably not needed in our small room) and a headphone amp. I could also upgrade the power amp down the line.

Sources: I’d connect the TV via optical cable to the A6. I have a couple of CDs for which I may buy a USB CD-player to connect to the A3.

Grateful for any thoughts you may have on this! Thanks!

brjoon1021

Sounds like a fun setup.
if you want to add a subwoofer later there is a cool benefit to a sub that most people don't know about: if you run a high pass filter to filter out some of the bass from you Kef speakers they will sound better and your amp will be straining less to get the job done, or
put better than I just did by this youtube speaker manufacturer and crossover designer:

OP
R
Sounds like a fun setup.
if you want to add a subwoofer later there is a cool benefit to a sub that most people don't know about: if you run a high pass filter to filter out some of the bass from you Kef speakers they will sound better and your amp will be straining less to get the job done, or
put better than I just did by this youtube speaker manufacturer and crossover designer:

Thanks! I went with Neumann KH120 ii speakers and the WiiM Pro. Saving on the streamer, splurging (in relative terms) on the speakers.

Top Bottom