• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Eversolo AMP-F2 Class D Power Amplifier (Coming Soon)

Ze Frog

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Maybe I missed something in between, but I measured the amp some time ago, and it has done well so far in terms of power output. Just go back to page one, and you'll find it.
That's interesting, could there possibly be different SKU's of these?

Karl-Heinz Fink

Technical Expert
That's interesting, could there possibly be different SKU's of these?
Mine came straight from the German distributor—it was the first delivery. The load dependency is typical for designs without the second feedback loop, including the inductor. The second feedback was already mentioned in the original TI literature, but it took years before somebody implemented it. So, as far as I remember, there is a DIY module and now the FOSI Mono - not more. If those survive, we will see more.
When I had the first documents about the chip in my hand, I wondered why TI did not implement it in their evaluation board, and it was just mentioned in an additional paper. Maybe patent issue or perhaps it was not stable? No idea......

daniboun

Major Contributor
Maybe I missed something in between, but I measured the amp some time ago, and it has done well so far in terms of power output. Just go back to page one, and you'll find it.

What is the PSU inside the Eversolo ? 250W RMS (4Ω) 1% THD+N could only be reached with a 48V/10A PSU in the best scenario...

daniboun

Major Contributor
Would be interesting to see one with a modified PSU, wonder if anyone has gone to the trouble...

To be fair to Eversolo it's not their amp design, so hopefully in future they create their own or use something that's more fitting with their own casework. I'd have concerns about this one even if I required lower power output, according to a YouTube review from just 75dB the issues start to be apparent, and that should in theory be under 1W. Going by that and the review here for the amp it's merely a rebadge of and it seems there must be really wild load dependency. It would be really interesting to see an expert tear one down and see where the faults lie just for the technical education side.

The Eversolo is just a single TPA3255 without any PFFB implementation. Get any Aiyima A07 and you have something similar for 7X time cheaper

Karl-Heinz Fink

Technical Expert
What is the PSU inside the Eversolo ? 250W RMS (4Ω) 1% THD+N could only be reached with a 48V/10A PSU in the best scenario...
So, what is your point? I did not open the amp, but I measured it with both channels driven on my AP. Is there any reason NOT to believe the data, or why are you questioning it? :oops:

daniboun

Major Contributor
So, what is your point? I did not open the amp, but I measured it with both channels driven on my AP. Is there any reason NOT to believe the data, or why are you questioning it? :oops:

That was out of curiousity. I read your measurements -) thx

fotogrofur

That TPA3255 chip is in so many amps now. Pretty good sound out of my Fosi V3.

Top Bottom