• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

(Europe) Master Deals Thread on Audio Product Sales

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I am gonna buy one when they are on sale where I live, and I am gonna do it because your "obsession" with these cans makes me curious :)
Ha! I must warn you on a couple of points though before you decide to buy them, I've mentioned this before in other threads if I'm actively recommending them. The soldering of the wires in the earcups is very delicate and there's a high chance of the solder failing and loosing connection - which means either soldering the wire back on yourself (and if you do it properly it won't come loose again) or sending it back for a warranty or Amazon replacement or whatever. My first unit had all the wires fail in the right earcup, the first wire was after about maybe 1.5yrs - I used them everyday but was quite gentle with them - if you rip them off your head using one hand which makes them flap about as they spring back then the wires will go within weeks or months. I'd recommend you try my EQ which is based on measuring 4 units, but won't go into the details in this thread, it's in the following thread with the why's & where for's:
But do also try Oratory's EQ for that headphone too, which you can find in his normal place.

They were my first audiophile headphone back in 2015, & I've been "obsessed" with them because of the quite unique soundstage, additionally I think they generally resolve music very finely, especially female vocals (talking after EQ to Harman), also the bass is pretty good when EQ'd to Harman, not as clean as Harman EQ'd bass in an HD560s though. They're also very comfortable and light weight, and they've been proven through measurements to have very low variation when worn on different people's heads (they react stably & predictably between different head anatomies), which means it should provide a reliable experience from that point of view. Unit to unit variation is sort of ok, and is in fact quite good for the 4 units that I own & which I have measured, however Oratory has cited larger unit to unit variation. So that's my rundown before & if you decide to buy them.

Last edited:

IAtaman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Ha! I must warn you on a couple of points though before you decide to buy them
I have already decided, I am going to buy them, it is just you say they are GBP89 in amazon.co.uk, but I can never find them below $200 here, so I feel like I am being cheated if I pay $100 extra, so waiting for them to come down to a sensible price.

I read about your alternative EQ, will try when I receive the cans. Did not know about the soldering issues, thanks for the heads up.

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I have already decided, I am going to buy them, it is just you say they are GBP89 in amazon.co.uk, but I can never find them below $200 here, so I feel like I am being cheated if I pay $100 extra, so waiting for them to come down to a sensible price.

I read about your alternative EQ, will try when I receive the cans. Did not know about the soldering issues, thanks for the heads up.
They are quite expensive in The States!

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Or maybe it would be better for people from outside of UK (& outside Europe) to buy from Amazon UK for £89 and then import, but I don't know what the import rates and delivery rates would be for them, it would vary I suppose.

delta76

Major Contributor
Or maybe it would be better for people from outside of UK (& outside Europe) to buy from Amazon UK for £89 and then import, but I don't know what the import rates and delivery rates would be for them, it would vary I suppose.
Yes. But amazon will calculate everything for you, shipping and import fee and duty at check out

MCH

Major Contributor
Yes. But amazon will calculate everything for you, shipping and import fee and duty at check out
Most often yes, but it has happened to me (more than once) that DHL charges fees on top of what Amazon calculates on delivery. I always managed to get it reimbursed from Amazon after a couple of ugly email exchanges with customer service, but be aware it can happen. DHL position was a firm "if you don't pay, we don't deliver it, period"
And the fee was per parcel, not per order.

Snoopy

Major Contributor
Most often yes, but it has happened to me (more than once) that DHL charges fees on top of what Amazon calculates on delivery. I always managed to get it reimbursed from Amazon after a couple of ugly email exchanges with customer service, but be aware it can happen. DHL position was a firm "if you don't pay, we don't deliver it, period"

Highest I ever paid for that DHL "service" was 26€ for opening a parcel In front of customs.. on top of that obviously import fees and tax

delta76

Major Contributor
I would say that is DHL fault, not amz. ( one can argue that amz could have done better by clearing the terms with couriers). But that the promise by amz. The amount you pay at check out is final. They will reimburse additional costs that incur on you

MCH

Major Contributor
I would say that is DHL fault, not amz. ( one can argue that amz could have done better by clearing the terms with couriers). But that the promise by amz. The amount you pay at check out is final. They will reimburse additional costs that incur on you
I don't know who's fault is, and as said, i always managed to get it reimbursed by Amazon, but not before shouting at them, so i would not give it for granted. At the end of the day, in these cases, you are the importer and all is your responsibility.

IAtaman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
You only see the GBP89 price when you chose an EU delivery address. When you change the delivery outside of EU, price goes up to GBP129.

Scratch that. US addresses also show the low price now.

Last edited:

Romario

April is new model month for tv's, so now it's the best timing for clearance sales. AVR's probably too.

damirj79

Measured with dirac live on Pioneer
IMG_20230302_170222.jpg

Top Bottom