• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Erin's Audio Corner gets a Klippel NFS!

Ericglo

That is great news coming from BH. I did look at their selection and it seemed like every speaker I looked at wasn't in stock.

OP
hardisj

hardisj

Major Contributor
Reviewer
That is great news coming from BH. I did look at their selection and it seemed like every speaker I looked at wasn't in stock.

Yea, unfortunately there is a lot that is currently out of stock. I have noticed this not just with speakers but a lot of other items such as cameras and mics. I also see this is commonplace with Sweetwater, Amazon, Adorama, etc. as I try to order other electronics. IOW, it seems like a supply issue from the manufacturers' end. Hopefully whatever is causing this will clear up soon. But, as of right now there are still quite a few items they have in stock that I hope to be able to test. :)

Jdunk54nl

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Yea, unfortunately there is a lot that is currently out of stock. I have noticed this not just with speakers but a lot of other items such as cameras and mics. I also see this is commonplace with Sweetwater, Amazon, Adorama, etc. as I try to order other electronics. IOW, it seems like a supply issue from the manufacturers' end. Hopefully whatever is causing this will clear up soon. But, as of right now there are still quite a few items they have in stock that I hope to be able to test. :)

Now you just need an audio precision ;)

Ericglo

Have you reached out to Newegg?

Jdunk54nl

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Nope! I barely have enough time to measure speakers. And I actually want to do that. LOL

You are right, I should have said "Now you need to have that rep contact Amir so he can get on this program too!"

Also, is that $4,000 at a time or $4,000 total? I am assuming at a time.

LearningToSmile

Got some good news I wanted to share.

First off, you guys know I use affiliate links in my videos (not on the forum). Those (hardly) help me offset my costs. I use them on speakers I like and even speakers I don't like (such as the Klipsch Heresy IV). FWIW, no one has bought anything I said I didn't like. So, there's that...

Anyway, I have been trying to find a company that would allow me to test the products they sell in exchange for me using their affiliate program. I reached out to Crutchfield, Sweetwater and B&H Photo over the last year. No luck. Until recently. I got on a zoom chat with a marketing rep from B&H yesterday to talk about this and he was really supportive of what I'm doing. They are putting me in their affiliate program but the good news for us is they are putting me in to their loaner system where they will loan me pretty much anything they sell within a $$$ total budget. They cover shipping to me and back. All I do in return is simply provide an affiliate link - which is what I was doing before. I understand some people see a problem with this but IMHO this is the best option for not just me but the entire community. I won't have to depend on manufacturers to loan me things and I won't have to risk getting potentially damaged used products from community members. And the rep even specifically stated that they expect nothing in my reviews other than integrity. If I don't like a product, say it. He said their "responsibility isn't to manufacturers but the customer". So, perfect.

I've already started looking at things they sell. I've got a list already. So, please don't bombard me with suggestions. However, I did want to note this because there are a lot of things people have asked me to review in the past (such as Genelec) that I could not get to test. Now, I can. This opens up a lot of opportunities for what I can test now. A big win for all of us. :)

**FWIW, if you really hate affiliate links, you don't have to click on them. You can always use Google. Furthermore, the affiliate percentage is something like 2% starting out so this isn't doing much more than buying me lunch if someone decides to buy an expensive item. So if you think this is a ploy for me to get rich, you're kidding yourself. Besides, look at what I have invested in to this hobby to provide free data. Money aside (which is considerable to say the least), I put a lot of my time in to this. So, I don't want to hear any BS about me selling out. :p Even Amir provides a generic Amazon affiliate link in his Donations page. Every little bit helps.**
ooh B&H carry some COOL stuff, can't wait to see what you're going to choose.

dfuller

Major Contributor
Got some good news I wanted to share.

First off, you guys know I use affiliate links in my videos (not on the forum). Those (hardly) help me offset my costs. I use them on speakers I like and even speakers I don't like (such as the Klipsch Heresy IV). FWIW, no one has bought anything I said I didn't like. So, there's that...

Anyway, I have been trying to find a company that would allow me to test the products they sell in exchange for me using their affiliate program. I reached out to Crutchfield, Sweetwater and B&H Photo over the last year. No luck. Until recently. I got on a zoom chat with a marketing rep from B&H yesterday to talk about this and he was really supportive of what I'm doing. They are putting me in their affiliate program but the good news for us is they are putting me in to their loaner system where they will loan me pretty much anything they sell within a $$$ total budget. They cover shipping to me and back. All I do in return is simply provide an affiliate link - which is what I was doing before. I understand some people see a problem with this but IMHO this is the best option for not just me but the entire community. I won't have to depend on manufacturers to loan me things and I won't have to risk getting potentially damaged used products from community members. And the rep even specifically stated that they expect nothing in my reviews other than integrity. If I don't like a product, say it. He said their "responsibility isn't to manufacturers but the customer". So, perfect.

I've already started looking at things they sell. I've got a list already. So, please don't bombard me with suggestions. However, I did want to note this because there are a lot of things people have asked me to review in the past (such as Genelec) that I could not get to test. Now, I can. This opens up a lot of opportunities for what I can test now. A big win for all of us. :)

**FWIW, if you really hate affiliate links, you don't have to click on them. You can always use Google. Furthermore, the affiliate percentage is something like 2% starting out so this isn't doing much more than buying me lunch if someone decides to buy an expensive item. So if you think this is a ploy for me to get rich, you're kidding yourself. Besides, look at what I have invested in to this hobby to provide free data. Money aside (which is considerable to say the least), I put a lot of my time in to this. So, I don't want to hear any BS about me selling out. :p Even Amir provides a generic Amazon affiliate link in his Donations page. Every little bit helps.**
That's great news, Erin!

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Even Amir provides a generic Amazon affiliate link in his Donations page. Every little bit helps.**
I want to be clear on this: that amazon link is a placeholder and the service is NOT something I use. I have not received a penny from Amazon although a few pennies may have collected there.

Various stores and companies have offered me such deals but I always turn them down. I want to be clear that I have no commercial relationship with any company, retailer, etc.

The "bit of help" this provides is not worth the negative optics it creates in my opinion.

OP
hardisj

hardisj

Major Contributor
Reviewer
I want to be clear on this: that amazon link is a placeholder and the service is NOT something I use. I have not received a penny from Amazon although a few pennies may have collected there.

Various stores and companies have offered me such deals but I always turn them down. I want to be clear that I have no commercial relationship with any company, retailer, etc.

The "bit of help" this provides is not worth the negative optics it creates in my opinion.

I was just going off the fact the link is up and what you said:
To avoid appearance of bias, I do NOT currently provide links to products I review. I have a single link I have setup for a Topping D10: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...9P3X3&linkId=90d5ba32c12c3c2980eb1eb288a17f4d

You can use the above link to buy anything from Amazon and theoretically I get commision based on that. Simply navigate away from the above link to find whatever you want inside Amazon and we should be good to go. The price to you will be the same whether you use this affiliate link or not. So might as well use it so that something good comes out of it at Amazon's expense.

Personally, it doesn’t bother me in the slightest that you would post an affiliate link. The optics to me are better than receiving a piece of gear from a manufacturer to test (something I also do, too). Unfortunately, sometimes that’s the only option.

Anyway, no harm no foul, Amir. Obviously what I said above was not a dig in the slightest and I hope no one takes it that way.

Last edited:

MZKM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
OP
hardisj

hardisj

Major Contributor
Reviewer

giphy.gif

:D

Kidding, of course.

That looks like a reasonable option.

OP
hardisj

hardisj

Major Contributor
Reviewer
Here are a few I would like to get. They are special order so I don't think I'll be able to but they are ones I am going to ask about for sure:
Dynaudio Acoustics Core 59 Professional 3-Way Reference Studio Monitor:
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/prod...ics_core_59_3_way_referance_monitor_with.html

Focal Trio6 Be 3-way:
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/prod...pro_trio6be_gr_trio6_be_3_way_near_field.html

There are a lot of Genelec offerings but I know Amir has already tested a lot so probably too much overlap for me to bother with the ones I want to test. Still, I'd like to have the opportunity to hear them.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

dfuller

Major Contributor
Here are a few I would like to get. They are special order so I don't think I'll be able to but they are ones I am going to ask about for sure:
Dynaudio Acoustics Core 59 Professional 3-Way Reference Studio Monitor:
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/prod...ics_core_59_3_way_referance_monitor_with.html

Focal Trio6 Be 3-way:
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/prod...pro_trio6be_gr_trio6_be_3_way_near_field.html

There are a lot of Genelec offerings but I know Amir has already tested a lot so probably too much overlap for me to bother with the ones I want to test. Still, I'd like to have the opportunity to hear them.
Both I'd be very interested in. I was looking at the Core 59's little brother (the Core 47) earlier this year.

OP
hardisj

hardisj

Major Contributor
Reviewer
I would just get their top 10 best selling studio monitors and review them. Not that I am suggesting this, ok? So no punching me! :D

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/buy/Studio-Monitors/ci/8617/N/3992462085

It would be kind of cool to do a shootout of sorts. Certainly not with all 10 but maybe pick a couple in the same price bracket and do a comparison.

Maybe a 3" monitor comparison:
PreSonus Eris: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/prod...s_eris_3_5_3_5_studio_reference_monitors.html
Mackie CR3X: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1532178-REG/mackie_cr3_x_creative_reference_series.html

MZKM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
That Dynaudio looks killer (I just hope it doesn’t follow the disappointing trend of their other speakers measured).

For brands where measurements are limited or non-existent:

There is this Airpulse (looks like the Fountek ribbon; there are a cheaper A200 & A100 that look similar):
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/prod..._7031047_a300_a300_hi_res_active_speaker.html

The new Polk stuff. It looks like they have the R line on pre-order.

The SVS Prime bookshelf.

But I‘m happy with any new measurement.

Sadly, the 2 speaker brands I want to see measurements of due to giving recommendations are Chane & HTD‘s L3 line and they are internet-direct. I’ve recommended HTD’s L3 lineup to others and they reported back positively, but I really want to know if I’ve been steering people towards stuff that is great or just average (I have recommended the Kanto YU6 to others with positive feedback there as well, but measurements aren’t too flattering, and Amir has a Kanto unit queued up and the FR is odd).

Last edited:
Top Bottom