• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

E1DA Cosmos ADCiso Review

Rate this ADC:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 13 9.5%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 120 87.6%

• Total voters

CedarX

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Someone wants to give me a reason to not ban IVX here and now?

"Yes, it’s me who kicks Amir every time)) He’s an illiterate little bast, and now he writes, they say, I gave this Ivan the best recommendations, but contrary to common sense, he dunks me in calla lilies every time.

He does not understand that the truth is above all, and not personal relationships. Called yourself science, receive criticism and either competently reject it, breaking it down with technical arguments, or change the sign to “Amir and his friends, who have nothing in common with science.” B.., how much Asianness there is in this, you would know. I'm not racist, my wife is Chinese, but Amir's behavior is purely Asian."
You can… You’re the boss…

I’ll be the first one to condemn this language anywhere. But I think it’s fair to formally ask Yvan to confirm it was him—not some ass&#$@ impersonating him—and explain.

This could set a difficult precedent for you and the mods: what if some ASR members insult me in some random forums, can I count on you to ban them forever? Who has to prove they are the same persons behind the users? Why would you not oblige me: am I less valuable than some other member here?

In my opinion—just my opinion—we should stick to what’s posted on ASR… with an eye on other forums as indicator/clue/red flag.

MerlinGS

Forum Donor

"... how much Asianness there is in this, you would know. I'm not racist, my wife is Chinese, but Amir's behavior is purely Asian."
I realize he did not make this comment in this forum...I'll just say, that your restraint shows you are a better man than I.

NDD

"Yes, it’s me who kicks Amir every time)) He’s an illiterate little bast, and now he writes, they say, I gave this Ivan the best recommendations, but contrary to common sense, he dunks me in calla lilies every time.

He does not understand that the truth is above all, and not personal relationships. Called yourself science, receive criticism and either competently reject it, breaking it down with technical arguments, or change the sign to “Amir and his friends, who have nothing in common with science.” B.., how much Asianness there is in this, you would know. I'm not racist, my wife is Chinese, but Amir's behavior is purely Asian."

Without condoning any of the other going ons, I've found his contributions to the E1DA Cosmos ADC forum helpful and informative in using his products to further my pastime of audio measurements. He's been prompt and supportive in answering my queries.

IVX

Major Contributor
South of China, SHZ area, - Слава Україні

On my PCBs Ukrainian national symbols, I'm not on the russian side in their aggression against Ukrainians just because I am against killing people. It's the same reason why I didn't try to kill Amir here with my bad words. I did say that not a front of you but in a small russian forum to point out to my friends that I disagree and science is something else(Veritas vincit omnia). We are incompatible types of people(I'm just a tech guy, not a businessman at all) for sure, but not an enemy. So, please ban me or I'll ignore you to avoid such scandals in the future.
PS: Did you notice my opinion about Archimago in russian forum, or about B. Putzeys? 100.0% positive.

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
So many flavors of narcissism this month.
Sad but true. “Egoist approach to I'm always correct since I invented it”

Some individuals also can't stop themselves from stepping into a pile of dung or inserting their feet in their mouth.

@amirm I'd ban him for his language and toxic view of you. Unfortunate that someone like him that has invented a neat piece of gear, lacks common sense, decorum, or skills in engaging with the public.

weme

@amirm
You must have suspected that Ivan might write badly about you somewhere in the world, but of course you didn't do any research because you didn't care.

The fact that this person - "Being a native Russian speaker, I can’t help but" squeal like a child - has a personal vendetta against Ivan is his problem. I would not be provoked by this person.

Insults from Ivan are not acceptable. But he wrote them in a different forum and in a different language, that's a difference.

chuckt62

Editor
@amirm Just let it go. There’s nothing to gain w/banning & he will comment on his product threads when needed.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
This could set a difficult precedent for you and the mods: what if some ASR members insult me in some random forums, can I count on you to ban them forever?
No, we actually have a policy against that. In this case, IVX is insulting me here and repeatedly. The link confirms the same and gives some reasoning as some were doubting if he was addressing me here.

MC_RME

Technical Expert
Audio Company
By the way, the AP software measurement is not that stable.
It fluctuates continuously within +/- 0.2dB or so.
I couldn't find a way to average the dashboard value to make it more stable - as I do with Multi Instrument.
There is no way to do so. That has been requested since years, especially to give noise measurements a better readability. AP says one should use the respective mesurements in Sequence mode, where averaging is available or a single value is given anyway.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I did say that not a front of you but in a small russian forum to point out to my friends that I disagree and science is something else(Veritas vincit omnia).
Yes, science is something else. It is not engineering as you seem to be confusing it with. Building an ADC or DAC doesn't make you a scientist. Nor does it convey anything about science. There are engineers whose work overlaps research and science but your work product is not that. Nor have you ever shown to have any knowledge of audio science. In that regard, your statement about my knowledge of that field is not only insulting, but very untrue. And that racist comment is beyond measure.

We are incompatible types of people(I'm just a tech guy, not a businessman at all) for sure, but not an enemy.
No one needs to be compatible with me. You just need to be respectful and have common sense. As a human being. Yes, lacking those qualities will hurt your business as well but that is your problem, not mine. I can't run a forum where someone benefits from what we do here but at every chance gets rude, obnoxious, and spits out falsehoods.

AudioJester

Forum Donor
The fact that this person - "Being a native Russian speaker, I can’t help but" squeal like a child - has a personal vendetta against Ivan is his problem. I would not be provoked by this person.

Yes, it does seem that way. Looks like the issue/vendetta relates to the engraving symbols ie geopolitics.

But @amirm Is correct in responding to Ivans behaviour (I own his products)

My only other concern is does this apply to others who have said terrible things about Amir on other forums, but not here?

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
PS: Did you notice my opinion about Archimago in russian forum, or about B. Putzeys? 100.0% positive.
I didn't but I am sure neither are "asian" as to set off your racist instincts.

IVX

Major Contributor
South of China, SHZ area, - Слава Україні
I live in Asia, my wife is Chinese, and our 3 kids as well. Bruno is a Belgium guy but as I remember with a black wife, regarding Archimago I'm not sure, I never saw him and didn't ask. He could be a black Canadian, I don't care. BTW, I have no idea regarding your nationality too, and my race is questionable for a true racist, I have 1/32 a fraction of Indian blood.

pma

Major Contributor
not really needed just replace 10k 0402 for 100k, that's it.
Ahm, without a conceptual schematic of the input divider and ADC driver, showing basic simplified topology but no details and no component values, it's not clear which resistor you mean here.
100k input resistance may not be achieved by a resistor in series with the signal ……, this would increase noise unacceptably.
It must be a true high impedance input with JFET opamp and then, source output impedance would make a limit of resistor noise and opamp voltage noise would define the system limit.

DanTheMan

I don't think I have any right to carry any weight in this decision, but it weighs on my mind. I hate to say it, but he should probably go. Even his apology had a backhanded statement in it and thus comes off as sarcastic and disingenuous. It sucks. You (Amir) are the guy who gives him a large platform that could actually help his business in multiple ways. However, we are creatures of habit. When someone bites the hand that feeds them this many times, it's probably best to just cut them off before you lose your hand. I suppose he is so kind as he "didn't try to kill Amir here with my bad words", but none of it was needed or provoked and it's ongoing. Honestly, I just don't think you need the toxicity in your life. It doesn't benefit you and I don't want to support people who do this sort of thing. I appreciate the reviews and I do think he makes really cool products, but I can't send my money his way. It's possible that I'm the minority on that.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
My only other concern is does this apply to others who have said terrible things about Amir on other forums, but not here?
As I said, the general rule is that we don't look at what you have posted elsewhere, against me or otherwise. Things change however if you acted outright racist, unethical (taking people's money and running), etc. In those case, and we have had at least one, we will take immediate action to ban you as we have a zero tolerance policy. IVX's comments that I quoted comes dangerously close to that. To be blunt, I don't care what your contributions are to ASR or industry in general. If you are despicable human being, and being racists is one such person, I am not going to roll out the dinner table for you to come and eat. We are a multi-national community and there is no way I will tolerate anyone putting down any race or nationality. That IVX is also insulting here and repeatedly so, only adds confidence to my view that we should show him the door.

KSTR

Major Contributor

pma

Major Contributor
Pity this has turned completely to a personal quarrel. Both Amir and Ivan have great contribution to audio community. Though we may have some different views (as it is natural), we should avoid any kind of personal attacks and also we should not be touchy. Personal fights and further explanations should have no place here.

Top Bottom