• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

E1DA Cosmos ADC

renaudrenaud

Major Contributor
Sorry for that question, not native english here, but I would like the confirmation: it's not possible to use it as an ADC in audio system because the USB output has to be connected to a computer, am I right?

staticV3

Master Contributor
Sorry for that question, not native english here, but I would like the confirmation: it's not possible to use it as an ADC in audio system because the USB output has to be connected to a computer, am I right?
What is an "audio system" exactly?
If you're using a PC or Mac to record and create music, then naturally you can use the Cosmos ADC with that system.

staticV3

Master Contributor
I have plenty of, most of them are SMSL, SABAJ, Topping. For example I own a Topping D10 Balanced.
ADC->USB->DAC does not work.
You can do ADC->USB->PC->USB->DAC.
However, I have to ask what the point of this conversion is, and why you don't want to listen to the analog audio source directly instead.

Last edited:

renaudrenaud

Major Contributor
ADC->USB->DAC does not work.
You can do ADC->USB->PC->USB->DAC.
However, I have to ask what the point of this conversion is, and why you don't want to listen to the analog audio source directly instead.
With one ADC, it means the DAC allows me to select the source and define the volume and use a remote, for example with the Gustard X16.

Currently I have a some analog sources managed with the Topping A90 used as a preamp.

IVX

Major Contributor
South of China, SHZ area, - Слава Україні
STM8S003 3x3mm + NTC = thermostatic oven.
2021-10-28_21-51-27.jpg

IVX

Major Contributor
MCU STM8S003 3x3mm with shorted to GND GPIO + NTC as a temperature sensor. ES9822 was calibrated as 27C, if you'll run that at 20C you'll get noticeable worse 3rd harmonic, so the simple thermostat helps to make the temperature range wider, 20-30C I hope will work exactly like at 27C.
I can warm up the ADC chip the same way i.e. short its GPIOs to GND and set them to be '0' but no thermal sensor on that chip.

OP
mansr

mansr

Major Contributor
MCU STM8S003 3x3mm with shorted to GND GPIO + NTC as a temperature sensor. ES9822 was calibrated as 27C, if you'll run that at 20C you'll get noticeable worse 3rd harmonic, so the simple thermostat helps to make the temperature range wider, 20-30C I hope will work exactly like at 27C.
I can warm up the ADC chip the same way i.e. short its GPIOs to GND and set them to be '0' but no thermal sensor on that chip.
So you glued the uC onto the ADC chip?

staticV3

Master Contributor
Very interesting product @IVX . Unfortunately, the Aliexpress store link on your website seems to be broken:

I get only a blank page on Android and a login page on PC. It may work if you are already logged to Aliexpress.

It should probably be this -> https://www.aliexpress.com/store/5142044
5142044 is the correct store. I'll ask Ivan to change the hyperlink so that no login is required.
Edit: Works fine on my Tab S7+ though:

Last edited:

sseppala

Forum Donor
5142044 is the correct store. I'll ask Ivan to change the hyperlink so that no login is required.
Edit: Works fine on my Tab S7+ though:

It did not work for me for any browser or system, but I see that the link has already been changed. Did you really test the old link? If so, it could be that you had some Aliexpress-cookie setting in the browser that made it work.

staticV3

Master Contributor
It did not work for me for any browser or system, but I see that the link has already been changed. Did you really test the old link? If so, it could be that you had some Aliexpress-cookie setting in the browser that made it work.
Yes. Tested before Ivan changed to the hyperlink.

IVX

Major Contributor
Very interesting product @IVX . Unfortunately, the Aliexpress store link on your website seems to be broken:

I get only a blank page on Android and a login page on PC. It may work if you are already logged to Aliexpress.

It should probably be this -> https://www.aliexpress.com/store/5142044
Sorry, I'm too busy on making the product interesting, and I apologize for such mistakes.

Top Bottom