• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Dirac ART is now running on beta FW for Denon Xx800H AVRs!

equinox_uk

All done on my AV10 and Cinema 50. Don’t forget to activate the license in the your account section of the Dirac web page.

Thoughts so far - less boom more control!

Which I guess is the point!

OP
PHD

PHD

As promised. DLBC is out before the end of this year. ART is coming around April 2024. But that's not all, Roon ready certification is now also planned for next year. I was told that at this moment, Masimo hasn't decided whether to certify Roon for both Denon and Marantz, or only for Marantz, as the latter is targeted at audio enthusiasts. I'll try to get more info about this.

P.S. The upcoming Roon-ready certification will convert the AVR into a first-ever multichannel-certified Roon endpoint. At the moment, other AVRs with Roon-ready capabilities, are detected as a 2.0 channel endpoint, therefore, you could only simulate multichannel music using DSU/AURO 3D and so on. Marantz is expected to support multichannel streaming. Even the idea of Dolby Atmos support via Tidal is being considered, so I was told.

Last edited:
OP
PHD

PHD

Now on sale. Try the coupon code

1702561571312.png

multisport4me

As promised. DLBC is out before the end of this year. ART is coming around April 2024. But that's not all, Roon ready certification is now also planned for next year. I was told that at this moment, Masimo hasn't decided whether to certify Roon for both Denon and Marantz, or only for Marantz, as the latter is targeted at audio enthusiasts. I'll try to get more info about this.

P.S. The upcoming Roon-ready certification will convert the AVR into a first-ever multichannel-certified Roon endpoint. At the moment, other AVRs with Roon-ready capabilities, are detected as a 2.0 channel endpoint, therefore, you could only simulate multichannel music using DSU/AURO 3D and so on. Marantz is expected to support multichannel streaming. Even the idea of Dolby Atmos support via Tidal is being considered, so I was told.
I was afraid this given the acquisition of Roon by Harman. Now I have to wonder if Roon Ready will ever come at all? Also, per my earlier post, the AV10 shows up in Roon as under Roon Ready but has a disclaimer on it that its pending certification.

DutchJay

I bought and installed single sub dlbc and put that into my slot 1 and compared it to my normal dirac live full bandwidth curve slot 2 (which has my own custom crossover made into the curve of the fronts and sub) and could not hear any difference. The bass was the same to my ears. Tried it with a couple of movies but also with a lot of 2 channel music and flipped between the slots.

I asked dirac for a reimbursement.

slaweks

Forum Donor
I bought and installed single sub dlbc and put that into my slot 1 and compared it to my normal dirac live full bandwidth curve slot 2 (which has my own custom crossover made into the curve of the fronts and sub) and could not hear any difference. The bass was the same to my ears. Tried it with a couple of movies but also with a lot of 2 channel music and flipped between the slots.

I thought that you only use DLBC with multiple subs, otherwise I would also expect no differences.

equinox_uk

I have a couple of home setups - one with two subs and one with one sub.

I def noticed a difference even with only one sub - but it wasn't huge - mainly less 'boom' and more enveloping bass. That said I did not do must customization re crossovers etc. I also use the harman-10dB curve for movies.

delamelon

I can't find the duration of the -30% promotion...?

Tafelberg

Forum Donor
I missed the recent Denon X3800H sale for $899 on Adorama.

If anyone knows of a good deal on a Dirac DLBC compatible AVR, please let us know. Thanks!

jtatknox

I had purchased the X4800H on Adorama and then the Black Friday Dirac Full Range license. I just purchased the DLBC multi-sub license with the 30% off. I guess I will set everything up over the holidays and see how it compares to my MiniDSP SHD with Dirac. Will report back.

Anybody have a Rythmik F12 collecting dust that they don't mind parting with?

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
I thought this would be interesting to know, so here you go... :D

Dirac Live Bass Control
Single Sub

ManufacturerModelDirac.com linkUSA Price
No affiliate
Mfg linkChannelsAmir Review
ArcamAVR5Link1690link12.1 ch preamp
7 ch amp
ArcamAVR10
-officially discontinued by Arcam
Link2200link11.2 ch preamp
7 ch amp
Link
ArcamAVR11Link2440link11.2 ch preamp
7 ch amp

Dirac Live Bass Control
Multi Sub

ManufacturerModelDirac.com LinkUSA Price
No affiliate
Mfg LinkChannelsAmir Review
ArcamAV40
Link4950link16 ch preamp
No amps = processor
Receiver allows up to 4 subs to be
connected to the 'SUB' or
'Ch13/14/15/16' outputs.
ArcamAV41Link4200link16 ch preamp
No amps = processor
Receiver allows up to 4 subs to be
connected to the 'SUB' or
'Ch13/14/15/16' outputs.
ArcamAVR20
Link4400link16.1 ch preamp
7 ch amp
ArcamAVR21Link3760link16.1 ch preamp
7 ch amp
ArcamAVR30
Link5280link16.1 ch preamp
7 ch amp
ArcamAVR31Link5520link16.1 ch preamp
7 ch amp
BrystonSP4Link13klink16 ch preamp
No amps = processor
DenonAVR-A1HLink6500link15.4 ch preamp
15 ch amp
DenonAVR-X4800HLink2500link11.4 ch preamp
9 ch amp
Link
DenonAVR-X3800HLink1700link11.4 ch preamp
9 ch amp
Link
FocalAstral 16Link20klink16 ch processing
12 ch amp
4 ch preamp via xlr
IntegraDRX-8.4Link3200link11.4 ch preamp
11 ch amp
MarantzAV10Link7000link15.4 ch preamp
No amps = processor
Link
MarantzCinema 40Link3500link11.4 ch preamp
9 ch amp
Upcoming review
MarantzCinema 50Link2500link11.4 ch preamp
9 ch amp
MonopriceHTP-1
Note: Monoprice is currently beta testing
ART (link). So we can expect ART soon!
Link4000link16 ch preamp
No amps = processor
Up to 9 main level
channels, 6 upper/height channels,
and up to 5 subs.
OnkyoTX-RZ70Link2800link11.2 ch preamp
11 ch amp
PioneerVSA-LX805Linkn/alink11.4 ch preamp
11 ch amp
Pioneer / EliteVSX-LX805Link3000link11.4 ch preamp
11 ch amp

Dirac ART:
ManufacturerModelDirac.com LinkUSA Price
No affiliate
Mfg linkChannels
StormAudioI.ISP 16.12
-I think this is discontinued
Linkcouldnt find
StormAudioISP Core 16Link25k-35kLinkaudio outputs = 16ch analog (XLR)
audio inputs = 4x RCA analog (7.1 or stereo)
decoding = 16 decoding/upmixing channels
processing = Up to 16ch
StormAudioISP Elite MK1
-officially discontinued by StormAudio
LinkLink
StormAudioISP Elite MK2
-officially discontinued by StormAudio
LinkLink
StormAudioISP Master
-I think this is discontinued
Linkcouldnt find
StormAudioISP Elite MK3Link18kLinkaudio outputs = 16ch, 24ch or 32ch analog (XLR) - optional
audio inputs = 16ch digital (AES/EBU) - optional
decoding = 24 decoding/upmixing channels
processing = Up to 32ch
Note: Amir only reviewed 1 StormAudio, the ISP 16 MK2 (link).
Note 2: ART for Denon/Marantz is rumored for April 2024 (source).

Changelog:
2023-12-05: Launched
2023-12-14:
- Today, Denon/Marantz introduced DLBC for their AVRs/processors, so I updated my table to show the Dirac licenses can be purchased already.
- Included links to Amir's reviews, and upcoming review.
- Added Denon/Marantz rumored release of ART, coming April 2024. (source)

UPDATE:
Launched new thread:

Last edited:

davidc

Forum Donor
I just purchased a AVR-X4800h. I downloaded theDirac live room correction software,. Haven't tried it yet. I'm very, very excited to get Dirac live active room treatment in the near future. But am I really going to have to purchase the subwoofer correction as well? Even though I do not need it nor can I use it? I have very large tower speakers. Fully capable of producing all the basic I could possibly want. I cannot use the Dirac bass control for these speakers .But according to some things that people have written, i will be forced to purchase it and order to get ART. Is that correct? I sure hope not.

multisport4me

I just purchased a AVR-X4800h. I downloaded theDirac live room correction software,. Haven't tried it yet. I'm very, very excited to get Dirac live active room treatment in the near future. But am I really going to have to purchase the subwoofer correction as well? Even though I do not need it nor can I use it? I have very large tower speakers. Fully capable of producing all the basic I could possibly want. I cannot use the Dirac bass control for these speakers .But according to some things that people have written, i will be forced to purchase it and order to get ART. Is that correct? I sure hope not.

I am not certain how they will charge and if DLBC is required for ART. From what I've read so far, it will be required. Just to be clear about your full range towers - DLBC will include bass frequencies from all speakers when calculating/optimizing bass for your room. That said, the more full range speakers/subwoofers you have, the greater the benefits of DLBC. In fact, from what little I've read about ART, the same holds true - the more the merrier to far greater effect.

davidc

Forum Donor
I am not certain how they will charge and if DLBC is required for ART. From what I've read so far, it will be required. Just to be clear about your full range towers - DLBC will include bass frequencies from all speakers when calculating/optimizing bass for your room. That said, the more full range speakers/subwoofers you have, the greater the benefits of DLBC. In fact, from what little I've read about ART, the same holds true - the more the merrier to far greater effect.
I was under the impression that DBLC could only be applied to subwoofers. And not to full range speakers. Am I wrong?

Top Bottom