• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Dirac ART is now running on beta FW for Denon Xx800H AVRs!

PHD

I can't say much, but I've talked to a Denon/MASIMO insider who told me that the recent Dirac beta v3.6.7 was released to add support for a new Denon beta/development FW which now runs Dirac ART. It's very likely that ART support will be available before Christmas this year. When you buy an ART license, you will be "forced" to buy DLBC license as well, otherwise, ART will not work. This info was from the same guy who leaked the info about the Dirac-Denon-Onkyo collaboration back in 2021 (was also posted here).

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I can't say much, but I've talked to a Denon/MASIMO insider who told me that the recent Dirac beta v3.6.7 was released to add support for a new Denon beta/development FW which now runs Dirac ART. It's very likely that ART support will be available before Christmas this year. When you buy an ART license, you will be "forced" to buy DLBC license as well, otherwise, ART will not work. This info was from the same guy who leaked the info about the Dirac-Denon-Onkyo collaboration back in 2021 (was also posted here).
I have the AVR-X3400H.. That is superb news.. If correct.

Peace

Hemi-Demon

I want to buy the 3800H on sale at Adorama. The full DiRAC add on is $349. What is the additional cost for ART?

dlaloum

Major Contributor
Circa US$1100 for the full suite of licences required for ART (Dirac Live + DLBC + ART) - for an X3800, about the same price as the AVR itself!!

AudioJester

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
But also worth waiting for a sale... 30% discount on $1100 is not to be sneezed at!

Yeah.
But a x3800 and dirac licences is much better than the Storm Audio option being pushed locally. Although there is more functionality/control with the Storm unit, I will again guess there wont be much difference in audio outcome.
By all accounts ART seems the next step forward for our HT systems.

OP
PHD

PHD

If you've recently updated Dirac software to 3.6.6, have a new Denon AVR, and you're running into a "too many support speakers have been selected" error message, this is related to the added Denon ART support (fixed by V3.6.7 beta). You better rollback to v3.6.5 until ART FW is released by Denon.

Exalix

This is awesome info!! Guess this also relates to the Marantz Cinema 50, 40 and AV10? :)

just1n

Forum Donor
I would be thrilled if they release ART support for the x3800.

dlaloum

Major Contributor
I would be thrilled if they release ART support for the x3800.
But would you be willing to pay as much as you paid for the 3800, for the Dirac software ? (right now the cost for the whole Dirac suite including ART looks like US$1100)

just1n

Forum Donor
But would you be willing to pay as much as you paid for the 3800, for the Dirac software ? (right now the cost for the whole Dirac suite including ART looks like US$1100)
I wish you wouldn’t repeat a number you pulled out of thin air and ask someone like me to counter it. I could easily suggest some discounted “full bundle” pricing way below what you said and it also wouldn’t be worth arguing about. Let’s just wait until we see the cost.

Taking a step away from pricing, I believe it’s encouraging to hear it may be in beta. That’s all I was saying. Competition among AVR manufacturers to support ART or another version of Dirac is a good thing, no?

dlaloum

Major Contributor
I wish you wouldn’t repeat a number you pulled out of thin air and ask someone like me to counter it. I could easily suggest some discounted “full bundle” pricing way below what you said and it also wouldn’t be worth arguing about. Let’s just wait until we see the cost.

Taking a step away from pricing, I believe it’s encouraging to hear it may be in beta. That’s all I was saying. Competition among AVR manufacturers to support ART or another version of Dirac is a good thing, no?
It's not pulled from the air... it is quoted on Dirac's website.

The price for the ART licence as an add on to an existing DLBC licence is US$299

Bundle price for Dirac Full Frequency + DLBC multisub is US$649

So in "bundled" reduced pricing terms we have US$950

In full fat standard pricing:

Dirac Live Full US$350
DLBC Multi US$500
ART US$250

Total "unbundled" Pricing = US$1100

Dirac have been consistent in their pricing across platforms, so I see no reason to conclude that this will change now.

However, yes they have periodically had sales, with discounts of up to 30% (a 30% discount from the bundled pricing would be around US$650... one can hope!)

Top Bottom