• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

FrankieD

NoCo Yeti, what channels, 7.2.4, are you running off of the 4800 amp, and which ones are on separate? What separate amp are you using?

Last edited:

NoCoYeti

NoCo Yeti, are you running all channels, 7.2.4, with just the 4800 amp? Any fan noise keeping it cool? Also is it in an enclosed cabinet?
Hey FrankieD,

No, I have a 5 channel external amp running the LCR and the 2 pair of side surrounds running in parallel.

wseroyer

Now that the x3800h has Auro 3D, I really don't see the point of the x4800h. It's got one more HDMI port (7 instead of 6), 2 more 12v triggers, component and composite video 20w more of power, 2 line display, and a better looking front for $800 more. better to spend that $800 on a external amp in my opinion that 20w will get you maybe 1db More in output.

OP
RF Air

RF Air

Forum Donor

OP
RF Air

RF Air

Forum Donor
RF AIR you must be itching to get your 4800 from testing. Any updates on when it might be done? Thanks
Amir has it and my free return warranty period has 4 weeks until it expires with Denon. I have sent a message to Amir. I've asked if his schedule will allow him to test it soon.

I would like time to test the AVR for myself before I decide if I will keep it or return it for refund. It should be soon, hopefully. ;)

OP
RF Air

RF Air

Forum Donor
Ya I can imagine you are wanting to give it a try yourself. . Should be real soon then hopefully. thanks
Amir responded, he needs another week. I knew he had a lot on his plate before he could get to the 4800. Next week for sure!

Last edited:
OP
RF Air

RF Air

Forum Donor
Looks amazing lets hopeing it measures well. Competitive price too
With the AL32 Processing, Jitter Clock and the effort to make a clean signal path with low noise/vibration in the redesign and with Monoblock Amps, I think we could see something of an improvement over the X3800H results. It should have a better performance, on paper. ;) And for price...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

peng

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Looks amazing lets hopeing it measures well. Competitive price too

Measure well is a relative term. In terms of absolute numbers in the SINAD, IMD, SNR kind of tests, we should lower our expectation because there are nothing remarkable about the 4800 that indicate it would measure better. It may have a couple dB advantage difference because of better PCB layout, shielding etc., but there is almost 0 chance it will do better. The X4700H never did better than the X3700H, or X3600H anyway.

The only part that it will clearly do better, though not significantly better, is, it will output more into 8/4 ohms because of the slighly larger power supply. I would like to be surprised, but just want to manage my expectation. Thanks again to RF Air, and Amir for making this happens so quickly.

ban25

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Yeah, except for normal run-to-run variation, I expect identical performance to the X3800H.

Joffy1780

Addicted to Fun and Learning
With the AL32 Processing, Jitter Clock and the effort to make a clean signal path with low noise/vibration in the redesign and with Monoblock Amps, I think we could see something of an improvement over the X3800H results. It should have a better performance, on paper. ;) And for price...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Any updates from Amir yet?

OP
RF Air

RF Air

Forum Donor
I don’t know how you do it. I would be getting antsy after waiting for its release as it is. Thanks again.
I consider this service from @amirm a gift. What he reveals will provide empirical results and the criteria to make a decision if the X4800H is worth keeping without a sense of Buyers Remorse. I am antsy, especially now that my HT is torn down.

I appreciate and marvel at Amir's abilities and his contributions to all of us. This review will be important to the ASR community and we'll get another snapshot from Denon. We'll see if their new design build and "Made in Japan" bears any results as it's been stated by Denon. :cool:

peng

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I consider this service from @amirm a gift. What he reveals will provide empirical results and the criteria to make a decision if the X4800H is worth keeping without a sense of Buyers Remorse. I am antsy, especially now that my HT is torn down.

I appreciate and marvel at Amir's abilities and his contributions to all of us. This review will be important to the ASR community and we'll get another snapshot from Denon. We'll see if their new design build and "Made in Japan" bears any results as it's been stated by Denon. :cool:

Remember, given the limitation of the same dac chip, but better layout/build quality, it will be about 1 to 2 dB better in pre out/dac SINAD than the 3800, so expect that, but hope for better. Then you can then relax while waiting.

Top Bottom