• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Dan D’Agostino on measurements

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
That's what it is but I don't agree that is why people are buying them. I doubt that you will find a single owner who will not tell you that it is the best sounding amplifier ever made. That it looks impressive is just a bonus.
That's what they say, yes. That's not why they buy it and have it out in full impressive view. Especially when one can achieve the same sound for 1% of the price.

Mart68

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
That's what they say, yes. That's not why they buy it and have it out in full impressive view. Especially when one can achieve the same sound for 1% of the price.
It's an aspect of it whether conscious or unconscious I agree. But they still believe it sounds best on top of all of that. Price + Reputation = Sound Quality in that world.

Top Bottom