• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). There are daily reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Carver M-1.5t Review (Vintage Amp)

Rate this amplifier:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 95 50.5%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 79 42.0%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 10 5.3%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 4 2.1%

• Total voters

gattaca

^^^ I owned quite a few CarverM200T cube units at one time in a larger HT setup using 1 per channel. I sent them in for recapping and general service every few years and the last time I asked Rita (no longer in business) if there was any way silence them better. As I recall, her response was these were always a bit "hissy" mainly due to the routing of internal wiring and PCB layouts - especially with higher efficiency speakers. She managed to re-route wiring and they got a bit quieter but were not silent 6" away.

I'd hope the Hypex would be dead quiet. IDK about the delivered power.
I still recommend switching off any AMP when not in use b/c these components will only last so many hours "on"...

Check out the "Buckeye" thread where you can have one made with the 12V triggers. YMMV. Peace.

Top Bottom