• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Buckeye Amps: Purifi Mono, 2ch, and 3ch Official Thread

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Thanks Buckeye for the update, I will be (im)patiently waiting for availability of the 3 channel one.
Also, any idea when you plan on sending the 2ch to Amir for review? Hopefully, one of the first ones so that you can incorporate his feedback, if any, to customer shipping versions?
Once an official build is completed, I'm sending it to a fellow member to do similar testing as Amir in case anything major needs changed THEN I'll be sending it to Amir for an official review.

IF nothing major comes up or goes wrong, I would hope to have a unit to Amir for review in May.

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Alright, so something fun for the community:

Since I am ordering a single case from my manufacturer for testing before placing a normal bulk order of black finished cases, I can specify any color for the finish on this one case, including a finished aluminum.

If I were to sell the test amp when all is said and done as a "special edition" (being the first Buckeye Purifi amp), what would be a good color to get it in?

MaxBuck

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Since I am ordering a single case from my manufacturer for testing before placing a normal bulk order of black finished cases, I can specify any color for the finish on this one case, including a finished aluminum.

If I were to sell the test amp when all is said and done as a "special edition" (being the first Buckeye Purifi amp), what would be a good color to get it in?
I personally would vote for scarlet and gray.

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Still need to change the logo background color to transparent....but here is a mock up of a true Buckeye special edition amp lol

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-02-22 065446.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-02-22 065446.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 236

Bachemar

Forum Donor
I'm a more understated kinda guy, I would have done the faceplate in gunmetal/grey, and the logo in scarlet. Although that color combination (grey/scarlet) kind of reminds me of this particular fruit flavored amp company

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-02-22 at 6.01.33 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-02-22 at 6.01.33 PM.png
    852.6 KB · Views: 228
OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Nothing is finalized. And again, the commercial offering will be the typical all black case (unless someone wants a customized color for their order, which I can do as an add-on). So this "special edition" one off case can be anything.

dearchap

Is there any possibility of offering a lower wattage version of 2 channel amps ? 100W or so ?

thegeton

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Still need to change the logo background color to transparent....but here is a mock up of a true Buckeye special edition amp lol

I'll take one...

beren777

Vantablack, Singularity Black, some form of superblack metamaterial coating. It's blacker than black, if you turn it off you'll never find it.

"The special carbon nanotube coating of our amplifier don't just render it gorgeous to the eye, its special properties absorb emissions which would otherwise pollute your listening experience. Microvibrations from the amplifier will no longer cause treble distortion."

goryu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Wondering if a 4 channel might be a possibility?

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Wondering if a 4 channel might be a possibility?
It could, but the 2ch and then the 3ch are the priority for now. Maybe later in the year once the investment for getting the Purifi line started (and the revisions to the Hypex line) are recuperated, I can expand the channel count.

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
First page updated with more official specs, final price, and open for preorders (please read the note regarding lead time, this can change to be sooner if things go well)

JPA

Forum Donor
The much awaited 2ch Purifi amp is well underway. Still hoping for a July availability (at the latest). Can take pre-orders at this time, as long as buyers are aware the time could change if something very drastic happens during testing.

Specs are as follows:
(2) Purifi 1ET400A modules
(1) Hypes SMPS1200A400
10"x12"x3" Aluminum chassis (same type used on my current Hypex amps)
*speakON option available

Custom Input Buffer Board w/:
- Neutrik XLR connectors
- OPA1612 OP Amps
- TI Voltage Regulators
- Low, Med, High Gain settings
- Auto On (along with Always On and 12v options)

Official 2ch Price = $1179 shipped (in the US...extra shipping cost for international orders)

Finally, the official Buckeye Amps Website!

I'd prefer a 4-channel Purifi amp, but would be willing to make do with 2 x 2-channel.

I know you haven't committed to offering 4-channel amps, but if you decide to, do you have an estimate on when that would be?

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Sorry for the late reply/prolonged updates!

Regarding 4ch: I do not have immediate plans for such an offering. 3ch will be the max for now (A LOT of capital is going into the NCxxxMP revisions and these Purifi 2ch/3ch offerings so need to recoup first).

The 2ch prototype board is nearly done. Just waiting to hear back from Purifi on a small design question, then hopefully will have the board out for production model build. Still limited by the Hypex SMPS1200A400 backorder (end of April)....but if everything else goes well I could start to fill preorders in May (for the 2ch).

3ch would not be far behind.

Top Bottom