• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Buckeye Amps: Purifi Mono, 2ch, and 3ch Official Thread

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Actually, here is the updated gain options (changed so that the High setting will match the input gain of the Hypex modules for those mixing and matching)

Attachments

• Purifi Buffer Board Sensitivity.png
    Purifi Buffer Board Sensitivity.png
    6.8 KB · Views: 823

Keened

Forum Donor
Do you think the 3 channels will use the new cases/will the 2 channels be offered in the new cases?

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Do you think the 3 channels will use the new cases/will the 2 channels be offered in the new cases?
Do you mean the cases with the input boards?

The 2 and 3ch Purifi's will be utilizing a custom input buffer board with the same features of the NCxxxMP revisions (Auto on, microcontroller control, etc)

Keened

Forum Donor
Do you mean the cases with the input boards?

The 2 and 3ch Purifi's will be utilizing a custom input buffer board with the same features of the NCxxxMP revisions (Auto on, microcontroller control, etc)
Yes? I meant the vertical alignment cases for the new NCxxxMP amps, currently the Purifi's are slated to be shipped with the older standard case used for the NCxxxMP amps right?

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Yes? I meant the vertical alignment cases for the new NCxxxMP amps, currently the Purifi's are slated to be shipped with the older standard case used for the NCxxxMP amps right?
Yes. The vertical alignment case is mainly an option for the 8ch NC502, though customers can request to use it for any NCxxxMP configuration at an additional cost.

Keened

Forum Donor
Yes. The vertical alignment case is mainly an option for the 8ch NC502, though customers can request to use it for any NCxxxMP configuration at an additional cost.
Ah, as in there is a single size with vertical alignment (sufficiently large for 8 channels). I thought perhaps you might get those cases in additional sizes (2, 3/4,5/6, and 8).

TLEDDY

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Our brand new 2ch and 3ch Purifi amplifiers are well underway! Pre-orders are now open!

2ch specs are as follows:
(2) Purifi 1ET400A modules
(1) Hypes SMPS1200A400
10"x12"x3" Aluminum chassis (same type used on my current Hypex amps)
*speakON option available

3ch specs are as follows:
(3) Purifi 1ET400A modules
(1) Hypes SMPS1200A400
Aluminum chassis (same type used on my current Hypex amps) - Dimensions TBD
*speakON option available

Custom Input Buffer Board w/:
- Neutrik XLR connectors
- OPA1612 OP Amps
- TI Voltage Regulators
- Low, Med, High Gain settings
- Auto On (along with Always On and 12v options)

2ch Price = $1189 shipped (in the US...extra shipping cost for international orders)
2ch Price = $1699 shipped (in the US...extra shipping cost for international orders)

Finally, the official Buckeye Amps Website!
Typo - = 3ch, not 2 for $1699 :rolleyes:

louger

I have been reading various places about buffers for the 1ET400A. One thing I came across is that the stock Hypex buffer that some builders use, does not have filtering to prevent noise from being picked up from other devices. I know that you are not using that buffer, though it just got me wondering if some type of filtering in this new buffer, similar to what is in place on the EVAL1 build? Keep in mind that I don't know anything about this other than what I have read, so I may be speaking out of my rear end.

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
The debugging/testing on the 2ch Purifi Input Buffer Board is complete and a prototype build is being sent out for measurements (not to Amir but a 3rd party to diagnose any issues before a final production unit).

I can confirm the Purifi board allows both clipping indication and error state indication, which from what I have been told is something most other Purifi builds out there do not offer.

amper42

Major Contributor
The debugging/testing on the 2ch Purifi Input Buffer Board is complete and a prototype build is being sent out for measurements (not to Amir but a 3rd party to diagnose any issues before a final production unit).

I can confirm the Purifi board allows both clipping indication and error state indication, which from what I have been told is something most other Purifi builds out there do not offer.

While indicator lights are cute. They really are not needed. If you can clip a Purifi amp in normal use then you are playing MUCH louder than I enjoy. :D

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
While indicator lights are cute. They really are not needed. If you can clip a Purifi amp in normal use then you are playing MUCH louder than I enjoy. :D
Agreed but the cost to incorporate it since an MCU was already on the board was very very minimum. Just an extra feature to advertise for the few who want to have it.

bkdc

Forum Donor
Wow… the 700 version should only be useful for people regularly driving 2 to 3 ohms. There is really no benefit at 4 to 8 ohms load.

Are you actually taking pre-orders for the 3 channel version of the 1ET400a?

Last edited:
OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Wow… the 700 version should only be useful for people regularly driving 2 to 3 ohms. There is really no benefit at 4 to 8 ohms load.

Are you actually taking pre-orders for the 3 channel version of the 1ET400a?
I am

Top Bottom