• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Though there is a Jedi wandering around behind Fred!
I think they look very smart and properly engineered.
Keith

amper42

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Thanks!
Link corrected. Dimensions are 233x299x87 mm, (233x319x87 mm with the WBT 708 option).
Concerning the looks, our supplier had a bit of an headache with the front, we were apparently the first with such a design :D.

If you order the BOXEM A 5517/N2 with gain switch active - what options does that provide? If you select "Hypex Standard gain" is it possible to activate the BOXEM gain switch later? How is that done? Lastly, what exactly is "the smoothest volume setting possible". I don't really understand that phrase. Thanks!

OP
boXem

boXem

Major Contributor
Audio Company
If you order the BOXEM A 5517/N2 with gain switch active - what options does that provide? If you select "Hypex Standard gain" is it possible to activate the BOXEM gain switch later? How is that done? Thanks!
The gain switch is always installed, it is simply ineffective with the Hypex standard buffer. The gain switch activation is done by an add-on board embedding regulators and opamps replacing 2 jumpers for each channel. We think about selling these boards separately.

bloodshoteyed

Major Contributor
as much as i liked the old design, damn, this thing looks cute :eek:

i might put my C298 for sale...or a trade-in, if you'd be interested? :D

Rednaxela

Major Contributor
Very nice!

I like how well the design goes with the boXem logo.

Stereoed

Not until we have received the final faceplates. For the moment it's an hybrid allowing both speakon and banana connectors.
Hi, what do you mean with final faceplates? Is this not the final front of the 5519/N1? If not how does it looks with final faceplate?

Guddu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
@boXem
You are killing all the competition here, wish you were USA based :(

All the very best with this new product line

highender

Any insight in the specs for the announced 4-channel amplifier? I am considering this loudspeaker system so it needs to drive 2 Purifi 4 inch woofers and 2 Bliesma tweeters. A multichannel/one-box solution would be neat.

OP
boXem

boXem

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Any insight in the specs for the announced 4-channel amplifier? I am considering this loudspeaker system so it needs to drive 2 Purifi 4 inch woofers and 2 Bliesma tweeters. A multichannel/one-box solution would be neat.
There are 2 versions of the 4 channels planned. One is, from spec standpoint, 4 x A 5519/N1 in a full size box. The other is a bit less powerful but has a surprise feature. Since the system you are considering doesn't require tons of power, you may like the "secret" one.

highender

There are 2 versions of the 4 channels planned. One is, from spec standpoint, 4 x A 5519/N1 in a full size box. The other is a bit less powerful but has a surprise feature. Since the system you are considering doesn't require tons of power, you may like the "secret" one.
Will they be available with balanced inputs? As a DSP I have my eyes on the new miniDSP HT or HTx, the latter has balanced outputs. Curious to the 'secret', will follow your thread.

OP
boXem

boXem

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Will they be available with balanced inputs? As a DSP I have my eyes on the new miniDSP HT or HTx, the latter has balanced outputs. Curious to the 'secret', will follow your thread.
Our amps have and will always have balanced inputs. RCA connectors only when some space is available. Not the case for the A series.

Stereoed

Our amps have and will always have balanced inputs. RCA connectors only when some space is available. Not the case for the A series.
Hello Fred,
I would like to buy monoblocks from you at the beginning of 2024. I would like to have Hypex NCX500 with discrete buffer and triple gain.
But in a high-quality case similar to the 4222/E1. What I'm naturally interested in is, is something like this planned?
Greetings Supered

OP
boXem

boXem

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Hello Fred,
I would like to buy monoblocks from you at the beginning of 2024. I would like to have Hypex NCX500 with discrete buffer and triple gain.
But in a high-quality case similar to the 4222/E1. What I'm naturally interested in is, is something like this planned?
Greetings Supered
Hello!
We actually have no plan to use the NCx500 in an amplifier with a fancier case than the ones from the A series.
Do you have a use case that would justify preferring the Hypex NCx500 to the Purifi 1ET7040SA in use in the 4222/E1?

Stereoed

Hello!
We actually have no plan to use the NCx500 in an amplifier with a fancier case than the ones from the A series.
Do you have a use case that would justify preferring the Hypex NCx500 to the Purifi 1ET7040SA in use in the 4222/E1?
Hi,
Thanks for the reply. No, I don't have a use case. But I think 210 watts per channel isn't 380 watts. And I just like to have more performance. It's just a good feeling to drive a Porsche 911.

Stereoed

Hello!
Hi, by the way. Ampollos Mono Amp 7040 Purify delivers 250 Watts/8 Ohms. What is the reason for the differnce to yours (210 Watts)

Top Bottom