• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Buchardt Audio SUB10

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Buchardt Audio just announced new SUB10, compact (and wireless) subwoofer:

sub10-blackfront-imageonline.co-merged.png
sub10back-imageonline.co-merged.png

From their newsletter:

Reveal and pre-order option of the much-anticipated SUB10 is finally a reality. For many who follow us, this has been a project we have worked on for over 2 years now. We wanted a subwoofer that would be less intrusive in your typical home but, in typical Buchardt fashion, perform well beyond what users expect from its size. The SUB10 features a very powerful long-stroke 10” woofer that has been designed specifically for this exact enclosure and Hypex amplifier. Getting the woofer just right was the main reason for its long development process. This allows us to output a whopping 95dB at 20hz (is that CEA-2010?), which goes way beyond our competition in the compact sub market.

But there's more! This subwoofer also carries WiSA for wireless use with our active speakers, as well as your standard wired connections for passive systems. It has Bluetooth for app-controlled DSP functions like Room Correction, Manual EQ, variable LLE slider, and more.

The only 16-centimeter / 6.3” slim design is ideal for near-wall placement both on its side, standing up, and even lying on its back if you have special application needs, like placing it under your couch.

It comes in Black and White at 1300 EUR. We are offering a pre-order discount with expected shipping in June 2024.
Stay tuned to our website for upcoming details, as we have much more information coming your way!

Edit : Now officially listed:
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS-
AmplifierHypex 400 Watt RMS / 1200 Watt peak Class-D
DSP settingsApp controlled settings for Room correction and more
Woofer10" Custom long stroke woofer.
Analog inputs2 x XLR & RCA
Satellite outputs2 x XLR & RCA
Digital inputsWiSA 24 bit / 96khz. Can be paired across brands on Dolby and DTS
Variable Phase and LevelYes, including variable distance setting for delay via app
Variable Low Pass Filter40-150hz or Flat to 1000hz
Frequency response20-300hz +/- 1dB
Cabinet19mm / 0.74" MDF with reinforced woofer mounting
Measurements (h x w x d)490 x 320 x 160 mm
Input voltage100-240 Volts AC auto adjusting (EU, US, UK power cords incl.)
Weight14 kg
Warranty5 years on woofer and cabinet
2 years on amp module
AccessoriesFront grille, feets, 90 degree angled powercord

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 48726

I can't take this "pre-order" thing serious. It's a cash grab trick.

Also it's a seriously hefty price for a tiny sub. But let's see how it performs when it ships.

OP
VintageFlanker

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Also it's a seriously hefty price for a tiny sub
Beg to differ. The competition is mostly priced about the same.
I can't take this "pre-order" thing serious. It's a cash grab trick.
How so ?

The Neumann KH750 manages 93dB @20Hz (CEA 2010-B), this will be similar
Except the KH750 is a much bigger box. That's why this claim raises some doubts, AFAIC.

BeeKay

Looks great. For a washing machine.

Chester

You’re a hard lot to please :)

I don’t need one but am impressed that they’re actually considering how to make these things more suitable for a multi use living room. It’s about time.

BeeKay

Not my piece of cake. Distortion probably will be a compromise to make. Looks is on the "where to hide" side. But that’s just me. Integration into the Buchardt ecosystem seems perfect from what one can read.

With regard to pre-order Buchardt are spotless. They will deliver if they say so.

Jeromeof

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I do think if they could ship subwoofers economically from China this is one area in Audio where we could use some "disruption from Chinese manufacturers" (as especially in Europe) there doesn't seem to be any decent subwoofer for less than €800.

Vacceo

Major Contributor
I am very curious about its infrasonic performance.

D

Deleted member 48726

Beg to differ. The competition is mostly priced about the same.

How so ?

Except the KH750 is a much bigger box. That's why this claim raises some doubts, AFAIC.
That depends heavily on what you define as competition. I'd look at SVS..

IR to pre-order. Why would you give away money before you even know what the product is like? Just why? :oops:
Originally pre-order was a mechanic for hard-to-get items or limited runs of goods.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

3125b

Major Contributor
Except the KH750 is a much bigger box.
But it probably has a much more powerful amp.
I can‘t guess the woofers excursion from the picture, but it looks reasonably capable.

Edit: Actually the amp might be 250W as well. Then I guess the KH would have an advantage.

OP
VintageFlanker

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Why would you give away money before you even know what the product is like?
What would you want to know exactly ? Buchardt is a direct sale company, as are Arendal, Sigberg Audio (If I'm not mistaken), Apollon, or boXem... So you will have to pay for something only based on pics and specs, without having the opportunity to try the actual product... By the way, for this SUB10 in particular, pre-orders are not opened yet (nor that the product page is up on their website for that matter)
Very similar to Sigberg Audio Inkognito subwoofer, using Hypex amps and all.

Yep, I also thought about this one, probably some better performer, but also quite more expensive and not wireless.

D

Deleted member 48726

What would you want to know exactly ? Buchardt is a direct sale company, as are Arendal, Sigberg Audio (If I'm not mistaken), Apollon, or boXem... So you will have to pay for something only based on pics and specs, without having the opportunity to try the actual product...
I don't know. -What about a test of said product before I choose to pay.

Your other examples have their products on the market already and most have been tested.

OP
VintageFlanker

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
That depends heavily on what you define as competition
Compact subwoofer with small footprint, wireless, and DSP tweakable by app. You hardly buy this kind of subs for good performance/price ratio. ;)
I don't know. -What about a test of said product before I choose to pay
You could also buy anything after it gets tested. So...
Your other examples have their products on the market already and most have been tested.
So does Buchardt for many of their products... Obviously, once these got tested by reviewers. As countless products are available for order without being measured (Yet. And I don't consider subjective reviews as any kind of useful). Not sure I understand your point.

D

Deleted member 48726

Compact subwoofer with very small footprint, wireless, and DSP tweakable by app.

You could also buy anything after it gets tested. So...

So does Buchardt for many of their products... Obviously, once these got tested by reviewers. As countless products are available for order without being measured (Yet. And I don't consider subjective reviews as any kind of useful). Not sure I understand your point.
My point is that you pay for something that could turn out to be a bad product. You are going in blind. You have only seen pretty pictures and you decide to buy?
Well. To each their own but I consider it a scammy practice in general.

BeeKay

but I consider it a scammy practice in general.
In general? Buchardt may have a few flaws but scammers they are certainly not. Do you had bad experiences?
Also, smaller companies don’t have many options to get a high volume production off the ground.

D

Deleted member 48726

In general? Buchardt may have a few flaws but scammers they are certainly not. Do you had bad experiences?
Also, smaller companies don’t have many options to get a high volume production off the ground.
I didn't say they were.
Pre-ordering rewards a company whether they make a good product or a bad product. You give them money before they have actually delivered what they promise. If the product is bad they already got the money.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom