• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

boXem

Major Contributor
Audio Company
We are glad to present our all-new A series. The A series address the need of high-performance-no-design-compromise amplification at the best possible cost. Power per channel will range from 150 to 800 W. Applications are single to multichannel combinations, for home audio, home cinema and professional studios.

In their category, the highlights of the A series are a bullet proof thermal design with our top-down design concept, an electrically safe output connection system with Speakon or WBT 708 connectors, and the audiosense feature allowing the automatic power on and standby.

The two first iterations are the boXem A 5519/N1, a 700 W monobloc from 820 € and the boXem A 5517/N2, a 2x600 W amplifier from 1010 €. Both are based on Hypex NCx500 modules.

In early 2024, a larger case will enter production, allowing two, three, four and five channels variants.

Until the end of the year, we have a 100 € rebate for the launch.

20231126-A-perspective-big.jpg

20231126-A-front-proto-big-5.jpg
20231126-A-perspective2-big-2.jpg

Last edited:

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Very nice!! Congrats

OP
boXem

boXem

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Second link is empty.
What are the dimensions,can't find them in your site.

Looks nice!
Very nice!! Congrats

Thanks!
Link corrected. Dimensions are 233x299x87 mm, (233x319x87 mm with the WBT 708 option).
Concerning the looks, our supplier had a bit of an headache with the front, we were apparently the first with such a design :D.

delta76

Major Contributor
I assume price is without VAT?
Have to admit those are beautiful and prices are interesting too

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Extremely smart.
Keith

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Congrats, @boXem !
Seems like quite a competitive offering. The case itself looks more on the "pro" side, aesthetically, than the previous ones.

One question, tho : what about the front LED/On/Off/Clipping indicator ?

Until the end of the year, we have a 100 € rebate for the launch.
.. Which is indeed 120€ off, VAT inc. At least for France... :)
I assume price is without VAT?
I see prices VAT inc. AFAIC.
1000021922.png
1000021923.png

OP
boXem

boXem

Major Contributor
Audio Company
No view from the inside? :p
That's a thing yet to be decided. There has been some thinking to optimize the assembly time and for the top down cooling. I have to admit that I am not in a hurry to see these things copied.

One question, tho : what about the front LED/On/Off/Clipping indicator ?
No front LED, but 'ambient' lighting below the amplifier. This addresses numerous complaints from HC users. No clipping indicator as a consequence.

simont

Very nice piece of kit, and I appreciate the clever design! I'm particularly curious about the upcoming lower-powered models. I recall reading that there won't be an NC252MP model, so what drives the 150W/channel model? I guess 2024 will tell...

DoesNotExist

Price is with Speakon output connectors

With WBT-708 Cu plug is 85€ + VAT higher

What's the rationale ? Up to know I observed with the different power amplifier builders, that there is no difference between Speakon and standard connectors for banana plug

Nevertheless, a VERY interesting product with a VERY interesting price !

OldTimer

I like the design. It’s simple.
Is this right? SNR at max power128 dB (TBD with opt. buffer)

OP
boXem

boXem

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Price is with Speakon output connectors

With WBT-708 Cu plug is 85€ + VAT higher

What's the rationale ? Up to know I observed with the different power amplifier builders, that there is no difference between Speakon and standard connectors for banana plug

Nevertheless, a VERY interesting product with a VERY interesting price !
One can easily find standard banana connectors from eastern asia at the same price as speakon connectors. Thing is that they are not properly electrically isolated.
Once you realize that a high power amplifier is able to output potentially lethal voltages, you start searching for a safe "standard" connection system and you end up with 4 WBT 708 that are significantly more expensive than 2 speakon connectors.
That's what happened to us, we then had to choose between making more margin on the speakon or rewarding people ready to change to a better connection system at a lower cost. Since boXem was initially an engineering company, guess what happened?
I like the design. It’s simple.
Is this right? SNR at max power128 dB (TBD with opt. buffer)
128 dB is the value given by Hypex with their own buffer enabled. It is in line with the 20 uV residual noise that they publish. I have no reason not to believe them.
Full set of measurements will be run once we have the production boards, website will be updated accordingly.

DoesNotExist

One can easily find standard banana connectors from eastern asia at the same price as speakon connectors. Thing is that they are not properly electrically isolated.
Once you realize that a high power amplifier is able to output potentially lethal voltages, you start searching for a safe "standard" connection system and you end up with 4 WBT 708 that are significantly more expensive than 2 speakon connectors.
That's what happened to us, we then had to choose between making more margin on the speakon or rewarding people ready to change to a better connection system at a lower cost. Since boXem was initially an engineering company, guess what happened?
Many thanks for your clear explanation. I appreciated the part highlighted in bold

Top Bottom