• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Best portable DAC/Amp for Beyerdynamic Dt770 pro 80 Ohm for my MacBook Pro 2019

Zabuza92

looking for a portable DAC to get the best sound out of my headphones. The volume with the dt-770 pros is currently loud enough for me, I am purely concerned about the sound quality. Listen mainly on Spotify or Youtube times in between.

So far I have found the following :

- TempoTec Sonata HD PRO

- Linsoul E1DA 9038D

I have read many articles and the Sonata HD pro and the E1DA were often praised. Do you have any other suggestions or can you recommend me one of the top ones?

twsecrest

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Yea, sell off the DT770, there are better headphone and they are easier to drive.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
Yea, sell off the DT770, there are better headphone and they are easier to drive.

That's not terribly helpful is it?

looking for a portable DAC to get the best sound out of my headphones. The volume with the dt-770 pros is currently loud enough for me, I am purely concerned about the sound quality. Listen mainly on Spotify or Youtube times in between.

So far I have found the following :

- TempoTec Sonata HD PRO

- Linsoul E1DA 9038D

I have read many articles and the Sonata HD pro and the E1DA were often praised. Do you have any other suggestions or can you recommend me one of the top ones?

What are you using now? If you are getting loud enough, and aren't experiencing any specific issues with your current setup, a different DAC isn't likely to make any difference at all.

Are you unhappy what you've got now, or just trying to figure out where the next upgrade comes from?

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
Top Bottom