• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

fountain

I'm between these two:

TANCHJIM Space Portable Headphone Adapter​

TempoTec Sonata BHD Pro Portable DAC & Amp​

Any suggestions?

IAtaman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Tempotec Sonata seems to have a bit more power both at the 3.5mm and 4.4mm jacks. If you are going to use EQ to boost the bass, that extra power can come in handy. For that reason, I'd go for Tempotec. If you can spare another $20, I'd recommend Qudelix 5K which not only has a bit more power, but more importantly offers a lot of great DSP features, such as PEQ.

IAtaman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
By the way, for the cost of HD600, you can get the HD6XX which is effectively HD650 and Qudelix 5K on drop.com. I think that is a much better deal if your objective is best bang for the buck. Check stock situation and delivery times before ordering though - Q5K might not be on stock.

Last edited:

stalepie2

Major Contributor
If the Topping NX4 was still around, I'd suggest that, because it puts out more power (in single-ended, for 300 ohms), but the distortion measurements aren't as low. They have a newer device, the G5, but it costs a good bit more, and something battery-powered may not be what you're looking for anyway.

Last edited:

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'd go with the Tanchjim Space for best performance, and for $15 you can get the balanced 4.4mm cable for it:
I have some of these and they're light and non microphonic which is great for portable use. Never had one fail, and I've gotten 4-5 of these for Sennheiser and Hifiman. Buy with a credit card that doubles the warranty and you'll be all set.

Deckard01

I was looking for a FAAEL balance cable too from Aliexpress, but I have not buy again form this site so I do not know if I can use paypal or my card.

Moreover as I was thinking of a dongle capable to drive my HD600, I was thinking of Colorfly M1P or DC04PRO or UA4, but I do not see any review espesially for M1P which I think to prefer especially for it's cost.

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I was looking for a FAAEL balance cable too from Aliexpress, but I have not buy again form this site so I do not know if I can use paypal or my card.

Moreover as I was thinking of a dongle capable to drive my HD600, I was thinking of Colorfly M1P or DC04PRO or UA4, but I do not see any review espesially for M1P which I think to prefer especially for it's cost.
I've had a pair of HD6xx on the Apple USB to 3.5mm adapter and it was close to max volume, but it was loud enough to use. It's just the Tanchjim Space is the best USB dongle I've seen measured, Amirm mentioned he'd use it for travel, so would recommend it just from that. Youkamoo and Faael are on Amazon and I've got cables from both here, they work fine and won't melt down a credit card.

Deckard01

I've had a pair of HD6xx on the Apple USB to 3.5mm adapter and it was close to max volume, but it was loud enough to use. It's just the Tanchjim Space is the best USB dongle I've seen measured, Amirm mentioned he'd use it for travel, so would recommend it just from that. Youkamoo and Faael are on Amazon and I've got cables from both here, they work fine and won't melt down a credit card.
You are right the issue issue that for my country that belongs to EU when I click to buy the cable from Amazon I see that is not available. So my only other option is the Aliexpress.

poxymoron

I'd go with the Tanchjim Space for best performance, and for $15 you can get the balanced 4.4mm cable for it:
I have some of these and they're light and non microphonic which is great for portable use. Never had one fail, and I've gotten 4-5 of these for Sennheiser and Hifiman. Buy with a credit card that doubles the warranty and you'll be all set.
Quite the markup in Europe, almost double the price:

Brian Hall

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor

Fosi Audio DS1​

$79 on Amazon. It drives my HD650 headphones with plenty of volume. I don't have the balanced cable to test with.

Top Bottom