• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AIYIMA D03 class D amplifier "Subjective review"

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
It's not a joke, but why do you offend my post?

"Offending your post"? Hardly, get serious.

It's a toy, with grossly exagerrated specifications as is typical of this type of junk. We all know the specs are pure fantasy, dreamed up to put a few numbers on a webpage.

1628685462141.png

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
robertospeed

robertospeed

It's a toy, with grossly exagerrated specifications as is typical of this type of junk. We all know the specs are pure fantasy, dreamed up to put a few numbers on a webpage. Silly stuff. Get a real amplifier and get out of your Mom's basement.

View attachment 146888
Excuse me a lot, but for you also Aiyima A07 is a garbage?
I wrote that the watts are not real, but I made a comparison with my ONIX amplifier and up to you would be 55 Watts RMS on 8 ohms, it sounds good and with power like an amp from 800 euros, which you would like more than this?

I own an Arcam A29, Onix A55 MK1, Rega Elex R, Denon PMA 1500AE, Roksan K3, aren't these amplifiers good for you?

But do you think I'm here to joke? If you don't know the product well don't comment on, put yourself aside and leave my post in peace.

Last edited:

Tatteredmidnight

It's a toy, with grossly exagerrated specifications as is typical of this type of junk. We all know the specs are pure fantasy, dreamed up to put a few numbers on a webpage. Silly stuff. Get a real amplifier and get out of your Mom's basement.

View attachment 146888
They made it clear that English isn’t their first language, this is probably a google translate mistake. Also, maybe dial it back a bit and don’t personally insult the person for posting about a niew piece of kit that has them excited?

daftcombo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

View attachment 146888
Only 0.001% THD for 1W is good though. This thing might be a "toy" for you, just like you might say people who watch movies on their smartphones instead of large screens are weird. But as a matter of fact a lot of people like small devices which do the job. Not everybody lives in a large house/flat and such a small package can be convenient.

Joe Smith

Major Contributor
I've always been a class A/B type of guy, but years ago, I found a number of rooms/setups where the SMSL SA-50 amp was perfect for the need. I own two, and still use them. For a while, I dabbled in TPA3116 self-builds with Pyramid power supplies. The aesthetics were lacking, but the sound was good. And recently, I purchased the Aiyima a04 amp and wound up also getting an a07 for nearly free. I think the latest class D generation in the $50-150 price range is delivering very good sound for the investment. The a07 amp is plenty powerful, of decent construction, and I am very pleased with the sound. I just unplug the power supply when it's not in use as an extra caution/saves energy.

Thanks for the nice review, Roberto. I appreciate your post and comments. I hope that Class D amps will continue to march on, as I think they really are in the center of the game now. Techs who work on older equipment are getting scarcer and restoring an older amp or receiver can be quite expensive and frustrating. For a lot of folks, these under $150 class D amps are a perfectly fine way to go. Are any of us going to keep these as long as we've kept the classic receivers from the 70s? No, but they are dependable, sound good and take up a small amount of space with minimal heat.

OP
robertospeed

robertospeed

I've always been a class A/B type of guy, but years ago, I found a number of rooms/setups where the SMSL SA-50 amp was perfect for the need. I own two, and still use them. For a while, I dabbled in TPA3116 self-builds with Pyramid power supplies. The aesthetics were lacking, but the sound was good. And recently, I purchased the Aiyima a04 amp and wound up also getting an a07 for nearly free. I think the latest class D generation in the $50-150 price range is delivering very good sound for the investment. The a07 amp is plenty powerful, of decent construction, and I am very pleased with the sound. I just unplug the power supply when it's not in use as an extra caution/saves energy.

Thanks for the nice review, Roberto. I appreciate your post and comments. I hope that Class D amps will continue to march on, as I think they really are in the center of the game now. Techs who work on older equipment are getting scarcer and restoring an older amp or receiver can be quite expensive and frustrating. For a lot of folks, these under $150 class D amps are a perfectly fine way to go. Are any of us going to keep these as long as we've kept the classic receivers from the 70s? No, but they are dependable, sound good and take up a small amount of space with minimal heat.
thank you

tomtoo

Major Contributor

It's a toy, with grossly exagerrated specifications as is typical of this type of junk. We all know the specs are pure fantasy, dreamed up to put a few numbers on a webpage.

View attachment 146888

We all know how a 3255 performs. So we also know that this specs are BS.
And so there is no reason to get harsh. If its well made it will perform in the a07 range. And thats not a toy. A toy is a 5w tube amp for 3000$. This if it measures like expected is a nice littel amp. For what it costs you not even would get one tube of that tubetoy.
So like we germans say, keep the ball low.

julian_hughes

Addicted to Fun and Learning
In terms understood at audiosciencereview.com this is not a review, but a personal impression with no useful data. It's the kind of "review" that people visit here to *avoid*. It would fit better elsewhere.

DSJR

Major Contributor

View attachment 146888

John sir, a lot of these things claim all manner of silly-high power outputs at several percent distortion. You and I come from earlier times when 1% was a too high but universal standard and more traditional makers rated the power at around 0.1% or even lower!

Heck, even Yamaha's baby full size integrated model claims 100WPC at 10% distortion into 8 ohms when in reality it's more like a 60 or 70WPC model

https://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/audio_visual/hifi_components/a-s201/specs.html#product-tabs

(Hmmm, AS801 no longer listed it seems...).

You know, I remember the a07 got a pretty good review (barely available product in Europe though) and the price was less than many T type chip amps the audio forums were wetting themselves over a few years back, these latter amps sounding ok at whisper levels but hardening up noticeably as the volume went up. We really need to see if Amir's interested in getting one for review as for a little desktop system at least, it may be just the job, or as a standby kept in a drawer for bigger systems...

tomtoo

Major Contributor
In terms understood at audiosciencereview.com this is not a review, but a personal impression with no useful data. It's the kind of "review" that people visit here to *avoid*. It would fit better elsewhere.

Its a pesonal impression. Nicely made with descriping of the features. I dont like to avoid personal impressions.

Joe Smith

Major Contributor
Its a pesonal impression. Nicely made with descriping of the features. I dont like to avoid personal impressions.
I agree. I enjoy reading the completely analytical reviews and comments, but I think subjective impressions are still an important part of the hobby, as is discussion of functionality and how a certain component can fit into listening habits/check many boxes for a user.

The part of the hobby that excites me personally is seeing how good inexpensive components can be now. It's much different that when I was new to this in the 70s. There was "very cheap" and there was "good to great" and not a whole hell of a lot in between. There are a lot of people paying a lot of money for that final 5% of perfection - so cheers, I guess - but the good news is that the rest of us can get to that 95% level now for not much coin.

Top Bottom