• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AIYIMA D03 class D amplifier "Subjective review"

tomtoo

Major Contributor
Let’s move on from all this hurt feelings Drama and get back to Science. Enough already. Please and thank you. Several posts deleted and reply bans are next.

Whats wrong? I mean only that i do the same failure not next time?

And whats a reply ban?

Last edited:

Raindog123

Major Contributor
He who buys cheap, buys twice.

I definitely did! Liked my Aiyima A07 so much, so bought the second one! :)

A07 x2.jpg

...competes easily with my class-A (well, mostly - until the final stage, where it's AB) 2x150W (sustained) monster:

A_NAD.jpg

Last edited:

HorizonsEdge

While I like to keep components separate, having a good amp with the 3255 chip + bluetooth 5 + remote control + 24/192 DAC for $160 US is a pretty appealing combination...

I looked 3 times and can not find any reference to 3255 in this model.

AdamG

Proving your point makes it “Science”.
Forum Donor
So delete my post? because :eek:
I did not delete any of your posts. I deleted other posts that were distracting the conversation from your threads topic. If I have to come back to this thread again today I will most assuredly close it. Becoming too much work now.

AdamG

Proving your point makes it “Science”.
Forum Donor
Whats wrong? I mean only that i do the same failure not next time?

And whats a reply ban?
Not about you or your posts. Your fine. A reply ban is when we limit your accounts ability to post in specified threads or can be forum wide if more serious. It’s a Moderator tool. Hopefully you never find out personally ;)

D

Deleted member 9685

How does AIYIMA D03 actually compare with SMSL SA300 and AIYIMA D07?

I think any of them is going to be good enough for my listening conditions, though.

Last edited by a moderator:

kism

This thing sounds like it's a really good amp. I enjoyed reading your impressions. I've been trying to decide between this and some other similar amps like the Loxjie a30. This is less $ and newer, but the a30 already has a good technical review on here. The only other thing that concerned me, and I don't know how big of a problem (or even if it is one) was I read mention of having to either unplug or upgrade aiyima's power supplies when not in use. They ship their products with unsafe PSUs? IDK, maybe I read that wrong somewhere on here. I don't want to have to worry about things overheating or catching fire. I have enough anxiety as it is. All my electronics stay plugged in at home and have my whole life with no problems.

Joe Smith

Addicted to Fun and Learning
This thing sounds like it's a really good amp. I enjoyed reading your impressions. I've been trying to decide between this and some other similar amps like the Loxjie a30. This is less $ and newer, but the a30 already has a good technical review on here. The only other thing that concerned me, and I don't know how big of a problem (or even if it is one) was I read mention of having to either unplug or upgrade aiyima's power supplies when not in use. They ship their products with unsafe PSUs? IDK, maybe I read that wrong somewhere on here. I don't want to have to worry about things overheating or catching fire. I have enough anxiety as it is. All my electronics stay plugged in at home and have my whole life with no problems.
I think it's a low grade risk, I'm just being cautious, kism. I had one of these switching power supplies once develop capacitor noise (audible) and it made me aware of how many components are packed into those switching/laptop power supplies. The power supply that Aiyima is shipping has the usual certification seals on it and seems well-made. I have never felt any heat from it after lengthy use (barely any heat from the amp, either).

I'm trying to use power strips more to turn off power to my setups when not in use, saves continual use of main power switch on older equipment and good energy practice generally. Just becomes a habit.

My two cents. But then, I live in a 105-year old home and many things in my walls give me far more anxiety than the switching power supplies.

Joe Smith

Addicted to Fun and Learning
How does AIYIMA D03 actually compare with SMSL SA300 and AIYIMA D07?

I think any of them is going to be good enough for my listening conditions, though.
I think this is more a question of functionality than SQ. I do think the 3255 chip is one of the best-sounding inexpensive class D amps I've heard, and the A07 implementation allows it to get plenty loud (compared to my older 3116 chip builds). The D03 is nice if you need/want built in Bluetooth, input switching, DAC, remote etc. It's a lot of features for the money, and nicer to use if you don't want a lot of separate "tiny boxes" in a particular setup.

OP
robertospeed

robertospeed

Style: D03

Chipset:CS8422+QCC3034+SA9123I+TAS5548+TAS5624+PCM1808+DRV603
Bluetooth chip: QCC3034 Bluetooth 5.0 support: ACC, SBC, aptX, aptX-LL, APTX-HD.
PC-USB/optical/coaxial sampling rate: 24bit/192khz
PC-USB operating system: Windows XP / Vista7/8/10 / Max OS/MAC/Linux/Mobile OTG
Signal to noise ratio: 93db
Tonal gain (treble and bass): ±14
Input sensitivity: 0.775V
Frequency response: 20-20Khz (±1.25db)
Subwoofer output level: 2.1V
Total harmonic distortion: 0.001% (1kHz 1w)
Speaker impedance: 4-8Ω
Output power: 150W*2 (4Ω load) 36V, 6%THD+N
Input mode: RCA/Bluetooth/PC-usb/optical/coaxial
Support equipment: mobile phones, tablets, computers, MP3, TV, etc.
Output mode: passive speaker, active subwoofer speaker
Working power supply: DC24v-36V(DC32V 5A power recommended)
Size: 151*141*37mm
Weight with packaging and power supply: 1500g

Raindog123

Major Contributor
The only other thing that concerned me, and I don't know how big of a problem (or even if it is one) was I read mention of having to either unplug or upgrade aiyima's power supplies when not in use. They ship their products with unsafe PSUs? IDK, maybe I read that wrong somewhere on here. I don't want to have to worry about things overheating or catching fire. I have enough anxiety as it is. All my electronics stay plugged in at home and have my whole life with no problems.

Only State Farm can give you full assurance... But I've been enjoying my A07 for nearly a year - listen it for hours nearly daily, leave it on half of the time, and never thought of unplugging the PS brick. The PS stays cold an quiet - well, the first few months I bothered checking - as now I simply forgot about it, and all is well. For what it's worth...

D

Deleted member 9685

Only State Farm can give you full assurance... But I've been enjoying my A07 for nearly a year - listen it for hours nearly daily, leave it on half of the time, and never thought of unplugging the PS brick. The PS stays cold an quiet - well, the first few months I bothered checking - as now I simply forgot about it, and all is well. For what it's worth...

Which power supply do you use with AIYIMA A07?

Jim Matthews

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
In terms understood at audiosciencereview.com this is not a review, but a personal impression with no useful data. It's the kind of "review" that people visit here to *avoid*. It would fit better elsewhere.
Yep.

Lots of this turning up, lately.
It's not an improvement.

Top Bottom