• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Aiyima A07 Max - Aiyima's new TPA3255 amplifier with mono/stereo output

AIYIMA

Audio Company
Forum Donor
The impedance of the load will affect the high-frequency part of the frequency response. The lower the impedance of the load: the high-frequency drop will drop downward. The higher the impedance of the load: the high frequency part will rise upwards. The actual value of A07 MAX load impedance from the 4-8 ohm range will not exceed 0.8dB
It shows nothing of the kind. That's a single frequency response plot, which means it's with a single impedance load, and so by definition it cannot show whether or not the amp is load-dependent. As @BeQuietZen notes above, it's most likely that this frequency response sweep is with a 4-ohm load, in which case it's the same as the 4-ohm response for almost every load-dependent Class D chip amp Amir has reviewed.

So IMHO it's far likelier that this amp is load-dependent.

tmtomh

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The impedance of the load will affect the high-frequency part of the frequency response. The lower the impedance of the load: the high-frequency drop will drop downward. The higher the impedance of the load: the high frequency part will rise upwards. The actual value of A07 MAX load impedance from the 4-8 ohm range will not exceed 0.8dB

Thanks for the information!

AIYIMA

Audio Company
Forum Donor
These are 4ohm, 6ohm, and 8ohm load frequency response curves.

Attachments

• 4ohm.png
    4ohm.png
    16.5 KB · Views: 474
  • 6ohm.png
    6ohm.png
    14.9 KB · Views: 468
  • 8ohm.png
    8ohm.png
    14.2 KB · Views: 471

damarfi

Most intriguing part of spec is this 600w/2ohm. Is that true?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231006_093549_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20231006_093549_Samsung Internet.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 81

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Is there any reason why you guys aren't bringing out any PFFB amps? It would reduce distortion some more, especially the type that is dependent on coil saturation, as well as remove the load dependence. It's just a couple of additional components, and I would definately pay extra for that.

Toku

Major Contributor
These are 4ohm, 6ohm, and 8ohm load frequency response curves.
A graph up to 20kHz cannot express the impedance rampage.
I need a graph that extends the frequency range to about 50Khz.

tmtomh

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
A graph up to 20kHz cannot express the impedance rampage.
I need a graph that extends the frequency range to about 50Khz.

We don't hear "impedance rampage."

tmtomh

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes, your point is correct in terms of hearing.
However, it is necessary information to understand the electrical operation of the amplifier.

Yes of course - but then what? There’s been a lot of concern expressed here about load-dependency of these less-expensive Class D amps. I’m of course all for good engineering and maximal linearity, and personally I’d never use one of these amps for my primary stereo system (although I think they’re fantastic for all kinds of other uses).

But that said, +/- 0.8dB at 20kHz is getting very close to the +/- 0.3 to 0.5dB level that seems to be considered “flat” for load-invariant amps (whether D or AB). And the 4, 6, and 8 ohm frequency plots the company posted earlier suggest that most of us would have a very difficult time hearing the difference given how small it is at the frequencies most adults can hear.

So what is the practical significance of load-dependent frequency response slopes above 20kHz?

OP
Guddu

Guddu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
personally I’d never use one of these amps for my primary stereo system (although I think they’re fantastic for all kinds of other uses).

To be honest, any amp can go to a main stereo setup provided it has what you need in your amp.
For this one, we probably get (I know it hasn't been tested yet, but I am taking performance of A07/07 pro)
- 50W @8R clean low distortion power, mono probably may double it UP, use higher power PSU for more
- negligible load-dependency
- no heating issues
- no tone control, less no. of potentiometers, lesser chances of noise/issue
- Good enough binding post, and spacing for thicker cables as well as connectors (I could never connected my ticker spade cables to Aiyima A07/A07 pro, Fosi v3)

*** Wish list - Volume bypass, would make it best mate for AVRs

Not so long ago, I had NAD, Hypex, Icepower, etc. (~600$ - 100$ amps) in my setup, and then these smaller amps had their entry.
After many blind tests with some friends, none of us could tell any real difference up to certain volume level (we used just some basic tool, like ios based db meter etc.).

Reason to mention all this is to encourage people to try decently measured/tested amps (not just this one, but any decent amp), you may really end up saving your money.

For me, physical appearance is an issue, if this amplifier performs at least like their previous ones, then I would even re-do the case :)

damarfi

I ordered today 07 Max but looking at the pictures I like appearance of the amp.. Looks like Fosi v3 but to me Max has better colling design

tmtomh

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
To be honest, any amp can go to a main stereo setup provided it has what you need in your amp.
For this one, we probably get (I know it hasn't been tested yet, but I am taking performance of A07/07 pro)
- 50W @8R clean low distortion power, mono probably may double it UP, use higher power PSU for more
- no heating issues
- Good enough binding post, and spacing for thicker cables as well as connectors (I could never connected my ticker spade cables to Aiyima A07/A07 pro, Fosi v3)

Not so long ago, I had NAD, Hypex, Icepower, etc. (~600$ - 100$ amps) in my setup, and then these smaller amps had their entry.
After many blind tests with some friends, none of us could tell any real difference up to certain volume level (we used just some basic tool, like ios based db meter etc.).

Reason to mention all this is to encourage people to try decently measured/tested amps (not just this one, but any decent amp), you may really end up saving your money.

For me, physical appearance is an issue, if this amplifier performs at least like their previous ones, then I would even re-do the case :)

No disagreement - and while I would not personally use one of these amps in my primary system, I should add that I am not saying I would hear any audible problem with such an amp if I still had passive speakers and used it as my main amp. In fact, I apologize because I should have clarified that in my prior post. My preference is for a load-invariant amp but that is mostly a "makes me feel better" preference: I likely would not hear the difference in the frequency response given how small the load-variance of this amp is in the audible range.

OP
Guddu

Guddu

No disagreement - and while I would not personally use one of these amps in my primary system, I should add that I am not saying I would hear any audible problem with such an amp if I still had passive speakers and used it as my main amp. In fact, I apologize because I should have clarified that in my prior post. My preference is for a load-invariant amp but that is mostly a "makes me feel better" preference: I likely would not hear the difference in the frequency response given how small the load-variance of this amp is in the audible range.

There wasn't anything at all to apologize for, but thank you for clarifying.

2fatpugs

I actually had a different experience. I recently replaced my Sunfire Cinema Grand 5 with a Buckeye NC252 MP for my home threater. In my office I was using a Aiyima A07 to power a pair of AV123 Encore X-LS's. I replace the A07 with the Sunfire in my office because I was getting ready to sell it and I wanted to make sure all the channels were still working. I wasn't expecting any performance difference, if anything I was expecting the Sunfire to sound worse than the A07 but to my surprise the Sunfire dramatically improved the sound from the X-LS's. The bass was punchier and more tight. Mids were smoother and the soundstage seemed wider. This has led me to start looking for a replacement for the A07. (the Sunfire is taking out too much real estate on my desk)

OP
Guddu

Guddu

I actually had a different experience. I recently replaced my Sunfire Cinema Grand 5 with a Buckeye NC252 MP for my home threater. In my office I was using a Aiyima A07 to power a pair of AV123 Encore X-LS's. I replace the A07 with the Sunfire in my office because I was getting ready to sell it and I wanted to make sure all the channels were still working. I wasn't expecting any performance difference, if anything I was expecting the Sunfire to sound worse than the A07 but to my surprise the Sunfire dramatically improved the sound from the X-LS's. The bass was punchier and more tight. Mids were smoother and the soundstage seemed wider. This has led me to start looking for a replacement for the A07. (the Sunfire is taking out too much real estate on my desk)

Normally I would think speakers might be needing more power to get to spl of your likings if those aren’t efficient enough, but it’s just a best guess.
Sunfire surely could do way lot more power than A07 with 32V psu.
No explanation but whatever you find working for you is best.

NoMoFoNo

- no heating issues

Agreed 100%. I have a chip amp (Fosi V3) subbed into my main system at this time and it absolutely fills all of my needs. I thought I'd try it, almost on a lark, and then enjoyed it, and now listen to it every day and it puts a smile on my face every time I use it.

I have had to adjust my bias that these small amps are things to play around with, or use in tight spaces or desktops only, but not for use in primary/main systems. I know that there are objective issues with load dependency in them still but frankly I don't hear any issues in my system, so why should I feel the need to spend hundreds more when I'm getting the sound and power I need?

NoMoFoNo

Is this in near field? At what sort of power? At low power in near field, assuming both are not broken, not sure I understand why one would be able to hear a difference.

Top Bottom