• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

A response to "Grinding your own gears" by John H. Darko

QMuse

Major Contributor
On no, hickory is the best for BBQ. Not had pizza from beech so I'll not contest that one. But BBQ with Beech, no way......hickory.

Sir, you are totally wrong. Hickory, oak etc are ok, but beech develops the finest smoke when burning and that is why it is used to make prosciutto, smoked bacon etc. Beech also has the biggest thermal burning value in calories.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Yes, @Thomas savage has clearly sold out to Tekton's subliminal-advertising department.

This?

1585670599375.png

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

Wes

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
maybe it is time for a rant on people in Chicago calling those thick meat pies they eat a "pizza"

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
maybe it is time for a rant on people in Chicago calling those thick meat pies they eat a "pizza"

Tomato casserole. NOT pizza. And I say that as someone who is a follower of the Loumalnati Cult.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Hmmh, being the new kid in class, it appears that one has to place his favorite abdomination of food into the avatar? Advice accepted, Thomas
What on earth is that?

Thomas H

What on earth is that?

I think the correct translation is kale, the sausages don't have a translation (Pinkel), they are made from ... look for yourself

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinkel

Not to be seen are the remaining chunks of speck and kassler, they are hidden below the kale

The picture was taken the last time I was allowed to prepare this. Typically, my family is sick for three days after only a spoon of that and I have to I eat the leftovers on my own ...

Shall I take it away?

QMuse

Major Contributor
I think the correct translation is kale, the sausages don't have a translation (Pinkel), they are made from ... look for yourself

Not to be seen are the remaining chunks of speck and kassler, they are hidden below the kale

The picture was taken the last time I was allowed to prepare this. Typically, my family is sick for three days after only a spoon of that and I have to I eat the leftovers on my own ...

Shall I take it away?

I would gladly try pinkel but not with that "kale" stuff! :D

No, let it be - compared to horror in @Thomas savage avatar this is pure delicacy. :)

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor

Shall I take it away?
I'll be honest, it's got more appeal than @Thomas savage current abomination of an avatar. Unless there is some pineapple or sweetcorn hiding under that stuff

maverickronin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
And I say that as someone who is a follower of the Loumalnati Cult.

Autocorrect wants to change that to "Illumination".

I'd say it knows it's pizza, but, Lou Malnati's is just kinda average...

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
I'd say it knows it's pizza, but, Lou Malnati's is just kinda average...

During our 7 years in IL, we tried most of the rest. For us, Lou's was the best of the tomato casseroles, but of course arguments rage in favor of Uno, Giordano's, Nancy's, Pizano's....

Of course, we prefer actual pizza, so it was Spacca Napoli as our Chicago favorite.

QMuse

Major Contributor
During our 7 years in IL, we tried most of the rest. For us, Lou's was the best of the tomato casseroles, but of course arguments rage in favor of Uno, Giordano's, Nancy's, Pizano's....

Of course, we prefer actual pizza, so it was Spacca Napoli as our Chicago favorite.

When you say "tomato casserole" are you referring to those "deep dish" meals that have nothing to do with pizza?

Reactions: Wes

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
When you say "tomato casserole" are you referring to those "deep dish" meals that have nothing to do with pizza?

Exactly so.

Spacca Napoli was the real deal. Absolutely superb PIZZA. No pineapple or Ranch dressing.

Top Bottom