• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Different cables, different measurements?

pogo

Major Contributor
I think we have several effects playing in here. Where are your room modes, for example?

solderdude

Grand Contributor
yeah, this is why i share 2 videos

It shows the measurement method is wrong.
There is no question you hear differences but the measurements only seem to confirm your suspicions.
10dB narrow band differences cannot possibly come from cables, not even EQ is that narrow band anyway.

Last edited:

GaryY

Forum Donor
For example, I see that curtain shows different light slot through the windows in 2 measurements.
Screenshot_20240120_145918_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20240120_150543_Samsung Internet.jpg

GaryY

Forum Donor
Without exaggeration, I repect this kind of curiousity. But really expensive cables for GHz measurement show only 0.? or 0.0?dB variation DUT by DUT. If copper and aluminum could result in 10dB difference in kHz range, I think world could be really chaos.

D

Deleted member 48726

Without exaggeration, I repect this kind of curiousity. But really expensive cables for GHz measurement show only 0.? or 0.0?dB variation DUT by DUT. If copper and aluminum could result in 10dB difference in kHz range, I think world could be really chaos.

Ahh! -This is the explanation for why the world is indeed chaotic.

D

Deleted member 21219

Ahh! -This is the explanation for why the world is indeed chaotic.

'Cause and effect, chain of events
All of the chaos makes perfect sense
When you're spinnin' round
Things come undone
Welcome to Earth, third rock from the Sun

... courtesy Joe Diffie.

D

Deleted member 48726

Oh boy do we solve much grander things than HiFi issues on this forum! :cool:

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
For example, I see that curtain shows different light slot through the windows in 2 measurements.View attachment 343301View attachment 343302

Plus we don't know how accurately the operator is placed in exactly the same position for each measurement. I very much doubt he could get that very precise after moving to change the cables over.

Top Bottom