• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

A response to "Grinding your own gears" by John H. Darko

Wes

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Spacca Napoli looks nice but I didn't see anything on their website saying they are certified by the AVPN.

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
Who's my arse meeting down the side street?

We can't start with pineapple, I will need some warming up even at my age.

I forgot, you speak "Bad Dentistry English," not "Went to the Moon English." Sidewalk = pavement. And the proprietor of Spacca Napoli has large feet and boots.

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
Spacca Napoli looks nice but I didn't see anything on their website saying they are certified by the AVPN.

They are (or were when we went there). They have the certificate hanging up in the dining room, at least when the dining room is open again...

edit: Here's their certifications.

maverickronin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'd love to see you ask this in a Chicago place. "Thomas's ass, meet sidewalk. Sidewalk, meet Thomas's ass."

Nah...

Unfortunately he'd get away with it in a lot of places now.

Robin L

Master Contributor
Convincing someone that everything is subjective is the first step in the three step marketing ploy by every snake oil company:

1. Everything is subjective, truth is meaningless, nothing can be proven.
2. If nothing can be proven, nothing we say about our product can be proven wrong.
3. We can say whatever we want about our product, and we'll say anything to convince you to buy it.
Much like the way a whole political movement tells its acolytes to ignore empirical reality.

mocenigo

Major Contributor
Isn't it the same thing with all the religions as well?

Religion is the cancer that mashes weak brains to learn to accept nonsense without proof. It is the worst sickness that humanity has ever had.

Top Bottom