• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

7Hz x Crinacle Zero:2 IEM Review

Rate this IEM:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 34 10.2%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 288 86.2%

• Total voters

Bow_Wazoo

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Holy shit.
With the Zero 2 + Spiral Dots, you will end up in hifi heaven for under 50€...

Screenshot_20240125_095340_Neutron Player.jpg

Screenshot_20240125_103217_Neutron Player.jpg

Last edited:

Cote Dazur

Any point of getting a set of these, EQ'ng them as per Amir's notes, when I already have a set of TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero:RED ? Thanks
I do not have the red, but I have the blue Truthear Zero. To my ears the Truthear are better than the Zero2. I think it is due to the shape of my ears being more in tune with Truthear, more than any thing else, so it might not apply to you.
But if your are happy with the red and do not see a reason to own an other pair of IEM, then why would you buy the Zero2. For the price difference, IMO, the red or the blue, are better IEM”s.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Any point of getting a set of these, EQ'ng them as per Amir's notes, when I already have a set of TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero:RED ? Thanks
My opinion here:

DSJR

Major Contributor
I can't keep buying 'stuff' so the Zero and Zero 2 will have to do for now. Posts above are suggesting different 'tips' or 'domes' are better again?

I've had a few sessions with the Zero 2's and confess I'm enjoying them immensely. I'd never remotely suggest that these are 'end game' for such a device, but forty quid all up with Apple dongle suits me just fine :D

They can be defeated though, but whether that's ear canal resonances or similar I don't know. The melodic 'AHHH' introduction to 'Little Bird' by Annie Lennox just sounds like a one note 'AHHH' which it definitely isn't in reality and I don't know where Amir gets his 114db readings from as my ears (what's left of 'em) cave in long before that (Apple dongle in use is the US spec one which a kind member obtained and sent me - eternal thanks - ).

Anyway, I ain't complaining at all for twenty five quid FFS. Bloody marvels they are for that price and if you lot have far more money to spend on better performing products, more power to you :)

Last edited:

markanini

Major Contributor
the graph looks like tamed down kiwi cadenza with bass boost (tilt)
Graphs a lot like Truthear Hola too. Cadenza and Hola I own already so I'm not in a hurry to pick up Zero 2. Tin C2 is my go to for a this type of warm tuning signature anyway, moded it has just the right amount of snap to go with the warmth.

phoenixsong

i’ve just been doing some listening tests between this one and the red. I think this one sounds better. And I think the red sounds pretty damn good.
Same, these sound more effortlessly natural with a better soundstage too imo

OnLyTNT

To my ears, 7Hz Zero 2 sounds like Truthear Zero Red with inline adapter and a bit bassier. As a result, bass region shadows details by taking too much attention :p

dorirod

No, not worth it, unless you think the Red or Blue (which are larger) would not fit your ears as well. These do not fit me as well, had to go through 4 different set of tips to find a pair that worked better, and I still prefer the sound of the Blues.

Rollingsound514

Forum Donor
No, not worth it, unless you think the Red or Blue (which are larger) would not fit your ears as well. These do not fit me as well, had to go through 4 different set of tips to find a pair that worked better, and I still prefer the sound of the Blues.
Gonna stick with the reds and buy some tips instead and see what I like best
1706197296987.png

DSJR

Major Contributor
To my ears, 7Hz Zero 2 sounds like Truthear Zero Red with inline adapter and a bit bassier. As a result, bass region shadows details by taking too much attention :p
But I'd respectfully suggest that the low bass SHOULD be there as it helps underpin the sound (mercifully with no mid-bass 'bloat') and to me makes music and speech more realistic (whatever 'real' is). Take said low bass away and it's hyper 'HiFi' - all lean and DEETAIL emphasis which in reality is a bit much I'd suggest... (apologies folks, I'm doing the tune dem again and the '2' has it better to my tastes and not so shrill). I was brought up on BIG speakers and find small porty boxes rather artificial (maybe Neumann and Genelec can convince me otherwise, but al too many smaller domestic speakers irrespective of price just...well...don't...;) )

markanini

Major Contributor
But I'd respectfully suggest that the low bass SHOULD be there as it helps underpin the sound (mercifully with no mid-bass 'bloat') and to me makes music and speech more realistic (whatever 'real' is). Take said low bass away and it's hyper 'HiFi' - all lean and DEETAIL emphasis which in reality is a bit much I'd suggest... (apologies folks, I'm doing the tune dem again and the '2' has it better to my tastes and not so shrill). I was brought up on BIG speakers and find small porty boxes rather artificial (maybe Neumann and Genelec can convince me otherwise, but al too many smaller domestic speakers irrespective of price just...well...don't...;) )
Reds bass levels are plenty without the bass plug. The graph makes you think otherwise, but that's the trick it does. Achieved by 1. Focusing more on the mid bass 2. relaxing the lower treble.

The other style of bass present tuning, common with 1DD like Zero 2, focuses on upper bass emphasis/bleed. A more "atmospheric" sound IMO, but that requires higher relative treble levels to pull off, or else it sounds dull. Conversely when overdone the treble has a higher chance of sounding unnatural and the overall sound extra V-shaped.

Last edited:

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I received my 2nd unit and compare the KBEAR 08 tips with Spinfit CP145 and the latter is considerably better imo. Ordered a 2nd pair of CP145 too.

Emlin

I received my 2nd unit and compare the KBEAR 08 tips with Spinfit CP145 and the latter is considerably better imo. Ordered a 2nd pair of CP145 too.
The Spinfits get my vote too.

Cote Dazur

The one Amir used in the review and liked :)
Good to know, I use the one Amir use for testing, the set you use is too big for me, the seal is not as easy to get and maintain. So what ever new tip you like, I should probably go to next smaller size.

mc.god

About tips, although I'm perfectly fine with stock yellow tips on my OG Zero, I think that TRN T are worth a try for the price

https://it.aliexpress.com/item/1005001304899571.html?

They feel pretty nice, soft and sticky, at the moment I'm using them on the Revonext QT5 that always had problems in finding right tips but since i ordered 6 pairs (all Large for me) I'll surely try them on all my other iems.

MacClintock

I got my sample today. I am using some quite tiny black eartips, which fit nicely aesthetically and ergonomically. In my ears they thus kind of morph snugly like no other IEM before, delivering a perfect fit and seal. The sound is great as well, either with a little EQ or even without. Very nice set.

Last edited:
Top Bottom