• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

7Hz x Crinacle Zero:2 IEM Review

Rate this IEM:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 34 10.2%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 288 86.2%

• Total voters

gcompari

But it is still interesting of course.
I just checked with Audeze LCD2closed. The very same happens to me. Faint flow noise when playing 10-16 Hz VERY loud.
So it is not only with IEMs.
My guess is still that this is produced by the ear (and throat) as there is a pressure difference between ear canal and oral cavity (which would not be there with speakers or in a church with organ).
When I hold my nose shut and breathe against it the noise disappears for me. The feeling of pressure (infrasonic) remains. So it does not seem to come from the headphone.

"I just checked with Audeze LCD2closed. The very same happens to me. Faint flow noise when playing 10-16 Hz VERY loud."
"Venting" problems of the pads around the ears?

"When I hold my nose shut and breathe against it the noise disappears for me."
Perhaps are you reducing the ear sesitivity, so you can't hear low noises?

If the problem was "anatomical", all headphones and all IEMs should cause noise: unfortunately it is now difficult to get a pair of Sennheiser CX 1.00 or CX 2.00g, but they were cheap and with these you don't hear noises below 25Hz unless you turn up the volume to crazy levels (in this case you get the "standard" harmonic distortion).

staticV3

Master Contributor
It is very difficult to accurately measure THD of a low distortion IEM like the Zero:2, at such low volumes.

It would require an extremely low noise measurement microphone, plus some signal analysis tricks like coherent averaging.

I'm not aware of anyone doing such measurements.

tacoearth

It is very difficult to accurately measure THD of a low distortion IEM like the Zero:2, at such low volumes.

It would require an extremely low noise measurement microphone, plus some signal analysis tricks like coherent averaging.

I'm not aware of anyone doing such measurements.
Thank you for your response, could you help me getting an estimated prediction on how much it could be?

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
(I can hear the distortion in the 0.5% sample but not the ones below it, that's with headphone amp at normal listening levels).
EDIT: and for the following one that is at 125Hz I could detect it at 0.1% (but that was only after listening to the 0.5% tone and knowing what it sounded like).
31Hz -> 0.5%
62Hz -> 0.5%
125Hz -> 0.1%
250Hz -> 0.5%
500Hz -> 0.5%
1kHz -> 0.5%
So they were all the same, except for the 125Hz one where I could hear the 0.1%.

That's with Sennheiser HD560s headphone.

But I understand it's easier to detect distortion in sine tones than it is to detect it in actual music samples, so not really sure the value of this exercise.

Last edited:

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
It depends on our ear canal shapes but to me they fit and stay fine.

bodhi

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Just got them today. The default tips fit me better than anything I have tried so far, and I have tried a few IEMs.

Absolutely wonderful sound. First impression is that nothing else in my collection can touch these. My 1500€ Clear MG seems like a joke. Combination of thunderous bass and so clear, fresh highs is something else. I think I still like 8350+7360 sound just a bit more, but the price difference...

Fortunately I don't really like to listen to IEMs so I think I can rationalize the thousands upon thousands spent on other setups.

Funny thing that you can buy this level of excellence for lunch money, run them from your phone and you just arrived at peak audiophile.

daftcombo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Just got them today. The default tips fit me better than anything I have tried so far, and I have tried a few IEMs.

Absolutely wonderful sound. First impression is that nothing else in my collection can touch these. My 1500€ Clear MG seems like a joke. Combination of thunderous bass and so clear, fresh highs is something else. I think I still like 8350+7360 sound just a bit more, but the price difference...

Fortunately I don't really like to listen to IEMs so I think I can rationalize the thousands upon thousands spent on other setups.

Funny thing that you can buy this level of excellence for lunch money, run them from your phone and you just arrived at peak audiophile.
Having music playing deep in our ears is almost like imagining it in our head, whereas having it playing on speakers in a room is connecting us to the world.

Emlin

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Having music playing deep in our ears is almost like imagining it in our head, whereas having it playing on speakers in a room is connecting us to the world.
I'd like to see some evidence for that, because it doesn't gel with my experience.

Somafunk

Major Contributor
I'd like to see some evidence for that, because it doesn't gel with my experience.

I can imagine you would be the one person to stand up as Shakespeare was deep into a soliloquy in the Globe theatre and shout, “Nah…..I’m not buying that, never happened“ ;)

Emlin

I can imagine you would be the one person to stand up as Shakespeare was deep into a soliloquy in the Globe theatre and shout, “Nah…..I’m not buying that, never happened“ ;)
Please keep your imagination to yourself as it is both offensive ill informed.

Somafunk

Major Contributor
Please keep your imagination to yourself as it is both offensive ill informed.

Oooo, touchy are we?, i declare handbags at dawn. May he who swings first hit hardest…….fight!

If you’re offended by my post then reply with a complaint to dontgivea****@geritupya.com

;), (winky smilie just for you)

Emlin

Your demands for evidence should be nonexistant when somebody is sharing a personal experience.
Biggest load of bollocks I've ever heard.

That's my experience, so it is not to be challenged.

Top Bottom