• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

7Hz x Crinacle Zero:2 IEM Review

Rate this IEM:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 34 10.2%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 288 86.2%

• Total voters

Somafunk

Major Contributor
Given the excellence of these inexpensive IEMs I wonder how much longer companies manufacturing IEMS costing thousands of dollars can afford to do so? Especially when the performance of their mega dollar IEMS can often fall short of IEMS like the Crinacle Zero.

We’ll just have to find out what high end iem manufacturer who’s lurking on here voted for poor in the 1st page poll and ask them.

Somafunk

Major Contributor
My house is 46 miles from Heathrow airport, but I think i'll be very lucky to get them delivered this week :(

You should get them in plenty of time for Xmas, I ordered the Zero2 on day of release and they took 8 days to get from China to my house in Scotland.

I also ordered Xmas beer from a brewery down south in Kent that was sent on Dec 6th using Parcelforce, needless to say they lost the parcel, then found it, then damaged it so sent back to brewery, then back out for delivery, delivery attempted back at the brewery where it was dispatched from instead of my address in Scotland and finally back out for delivery but it’s been sitting in Parcelforce Medway depot for the last 4 days without movement. Guess I’ll be teetotal at Xmas :rolleyes:

Edit - 30 mins after I post the above I get a ping for my emails, check emails and I find this. I’m not sure who has my parcel but it certainly ain’t myself as I’ve been home all day……..utter fucking useless cunting fuck pigs of a delivery service

Good news. Your parcel XN3920250 from CURIOUS BREWERY LIMITED has been delivered today by Parcelforce.
How was your delivery?
Leave your feedback
PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL.
This is an automated email generated by Parcelforce Worldwide.

Edit- addendum to edit above-another email, they’ve gone and returned it back to sender again :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:, arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Your parcel: XN3920250Part of consignment: XN3920250
Your parcel was delivered back to the sender on Monday 18th December 2023 at 16:20 M SMYTH.

Last edited:
We’ll just have to find out what high end iem manufacturer who’s lurking on here voted for poor in the 1st page poll and ask them.
LOL

You should get them in plenty of time for Xmas, I ordered the Zero2 on day of release and they took 8 days to get from China to my house in Scotland.

I also ordered Xmas beer from a brewery down south in Kent that was sent on Dec 6th using Parcelforce, needless to say they lost the parcel, then found it, then damaged it so sent back to brewery, then back out for delivery, delivery attempted back at the brewery where it was dispatched from instead of my address in Scotland and finally back out for delivery but it’s been sitting in Parcelforce Medway depot for the last 4 days without movement. Guess I’ll be teetotal at Xmas :rolleyes:
Sheesh..

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

I hope you get your beer! I just ordered a mixed case from my local brewery for my father. It should get to him by Friday, but who knows at this time of year.

nick-v

Is there a consensus best "budget" USB-C phone dongle DAC to go with a pair of these?

375HP2482

Golden age of IEMs. Add a nice dongle and streaming service, and we can enjoy hi fidelity while resting outdoors for example, which is a big plus compared to being locked in a room with a hi fi speaker system.
Looks like all those blissed-out kids walking around with their earbuds (IEMs?) that everyone was making fun of were on to something after all.

Next step: performance wireless IEMS with replaceable batteries.

alumnicesar

Here are some thoughts about the EQ.
Please report your findings, positive or negative!

Notes about the EQ design:
  • The average L/R is used to calculate the score.
  • The resolution is 12 points per octave interpolated from the raw data (provided by @amirm)
  • A Genetic Algorithm is used to optimize the EQ.
  • The EQ Score is designed to MAXIMIZE the Score WHILE fitting the Harman target curve (and other constrains) with a fixed complexity.
    This will avoid weird results if one only optimizes for the Score.
    It will probably flatten the Error regression doing so, the tonal balance should be therefore more neutral.
  • The EQs are starting point and may require tuning (certainly at LF and maybe at HF).
  • The range around and above 10kHz is usually not EQed unless smooth enough to do so.
  • I am using PEQ (PK) as from my experience the definition is more consistent across different DSP/platform implementations than shelves.
  • With some HP/amp combo, the boosts and preamp gain (loss of Dynamic range) need to be carefully considered to avoid issues with, amongst other things, too low a Max SPL or damaging your device. You have beed warned.
  • Not all units of the same product are made equal. The EQ is based on the measurements of a single unit. YMMV with regards to the very unit you are trying this EQ on.
  • I sometimes use variations of the Harman curve for some reasons. See rational here: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...pro-review-headphone.28244/page-5#post-989169
  • https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...pro-review-headphone.28244/page-6#post-992119
  • NOTE: the score then calculated is not comparable to the scores derived from the default Harman target curve if not otherwise noted.
  • Occluding IE devices generally must have very good fitting/seal in the user's ear canal for best performance.
    please spend a few minutes to pick up the best ear tip... Be sure to perform this step otherwise the FR/Score/EQ presented here are just worthless.
  • 1. more bass = better seal
    2. More isolation from the outside world = better fit
    3. Comfort

Great L/R match.

I have generated one EQ, the APO config file is attached.

Score no EQ: 77.0%
Score Amirm: 82.9%
Score with EQ: 95.8%

View attachment 335128
Knowles Target, the scores are NOT comparable

View attachment 335129

THD with different plot

View attachment 335133
ah as expected, zero 2 has a lower preference score

still, the 7hz zero 1 and 2 make every other non-tws iem irrelevant

jhaider

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Now that FR is essentially a done deal can manufacturers start focusing on shape and size... Somehow all the Harman-conforming IEMs all have the pseudo-hearing-aid shape...

It looks like IEMs are asymptotically approaching electronics in terms of offering high fidelity as a commodity when the maker wants to.

JBL’s Endurance Run II is a bit heavy down low per measurements per @Sean Olive (haven’t personally heard; thought a few for kids last month but not open yet) with a standard IEM shape and were also recently on sale for $15 here. I bought a couple for kids. The original Endurance Run model had a nozzle that was less obtrusive than the Truthear Zero and a slickly designed earpiece.

Last edited:

astcal

Forum Donor
After just one day of listening, I have to say the sound quality, noise insolation, and comfort is insanely good. I am buying a few more for all my family. maybe also for my neighbors, gardener, and cleaner, etc.

ASR's influence on audio market is real. Ever since I joined ASR, I've never bought anything outside of ASR review/recommendation.

respice finem

Major Contributor
Given the excellence of these inexpensive IEMs I wonder how much longer companies manufacturing IEMS costing thousands of dollars can afford to do so? Especially when the performance of their mega dollar IEMS can often fall short of IEMS like the Crinacle Zero.
Probably until all potential buyers have read Amir's reviews :)

Top Bottom