• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

Rate this speaker:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 283 59.0%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 175 36.5%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 15 3.1%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 7 1.5%

• Total voters

olieb

Here’s a guy who, in trying to protect his small business, made some pretty bad PR blunders and now has painted himself into a corner. There’s really no good out for him now…zugzwang I think.
You know the story of the emperor's new clothes? After his bluff has been called by the child Amir, he urgently needs a new strategy, he can't just keep running around butt naked and demanding that everyone press their faces into the dust and admire the incomparable royal clothes.
But maybe he's trying after all - so far there's no sign of him changing his attitude.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
If you believe what you are saying, why not just provide a demo of how you measure and then maybe contact Klippel as to a flaw in their product?
I asked him in email but he would not answer. Instead told me that at the last company he worked at, they had an anechoic chamber.

CleanSound

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
@Eric Alexander, please know that once this video comes out, there is no turning back.

I advise you to make a public apology, telling everyone that you never had any anechoic measurements for your speakers and your speaker design is essentially willy nilly. Apologize and repent for your transgressions and bullying.

1000029603.png

Last edited:
OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Here’s a guy who, in trying to protect his small business, made some pretty bad PR blunders and now has painted himself into a corner. There’s really no good out for him now…
There is an excellent way to back out which is to post his measurements and be open to discussion about what is going on. As I post today, even today he sent me email asking that I have my lawyer to talk to his. You know how painful it is to read such emails even if you know you are in the right and can defend yourself???

Ze Frog

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I asked him in email but he would not answer. Instead told me that at the last company he worked at, they had an anechoic chamber.
Must have been a good anechoic chamber, lol.

Ze Frog

@Eric Alexander, please know that once this video comes out, there is no turning back.

I advise you to make a public apology, telling everyone that you never had any anechoic measurements for your speakers and your speaker design is essentially willy nilly. Apologize and repent for your transgressions and bullying.

View attachment 362838
Oh wow, go Erin.

This is what happens when you bully someone smart, they'll find the way to finish you.

And legally this is absolutely golden, as Tekton claimed it was because of the feet, Erin is literally trying to give a fair shout to allow the measurements claimed by the company. Lol, know when to bluff and when to fold em.

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor

View attachment 362838
The feet look like Spark plug Socket’s and are visually hideous. Even the rubber bumper is unevenly affixed. No wonder no one uses them. :D

DLS79

Forum Donor
The feet look like Spark plug Socket’s and are visually hideous. Even the rubber bumper is unevenly affixed. No wonder no one uses them. :D

On their product page the hex section looks like raw hexagonal bar stock. A few seconds a foot on a scotch brite wheel would have made them look a lot better imo.

Last edited:

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Months back I wrote to Amir and informed him of his data being collected from the wrong angle. His response was that it didn't matter and wouldn't change anything in the far-field at the listening listening position. It was at this moment that I knew he and I were never going to agree on much of anything.
Don't take this as coaching so much as shouting from the stands... you're making it look like you don't understand how a Klippel works, you are not convincing anyone that Amir somehow bungled it. This is a forum where people look at graphs for fun. A little snarky comment here and there isn't going to get you anywhere.

Somafunk

Major Contributor

They certainly ain’t up to the fit n’ finish of the Isoacoustic Gaia’s ;) ,

tmtomh

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I’m definitely in the minority here but I actually feel a bit bad for E A. *ducks rotten vegetables*
Here’s a guy who, in trying to protect his small business, made some pretty bad PR blunders and now has painted himself into a corner. There’s really no good out for him now…zugzwang I think.
He’s certainly made several mistakes and probably severely underestimated ASR’s membership but does he really deserve to be cancelled? I mean this is a small domestic speaker manufacturer with several employees and from what I can tell many happy customers.

I’ve been very critical of him in this thread (though not in an ad hominem way). But I agree with your comment.

For me the one barrier to feeling for him, though, is the legal threat - that has to be taken seriously and it could really mess up Amir’s life for a while if he were to follow through.

Last edited:

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I’m definitely in the minority here but I actually feel a bit bad for E A. *ducks rotten vegetables*
He’s certainly made several mistakes and probably severely underestimated ASR’s membership but does he really deserve to be cancelled? I mean this is a small domestic speaker manufacturer with several employees and from what I can tell many happy customers.

This is someone who has a track record of bullying reviewers, and has threatened legal action against them for no good reason that we can discern. Let's leave aside that nothing they're even alleged to have done by Mr. Alexander would actually create genuine legal liability for them, at least as far as my non-lawyer knowledge goes.

That's not a small threat. Even a minor defamation/libel case could easily bankrupt an average person if it goes to trial.

And Amir and Erin are broadly considered more honest than the average reviewer, but for whatever reason Eric doesn't think they should be allowed to publish their measurements.

So unless I've seriously misapprehended the situation, I would say going out of business is not punishment enough for that kind of behavior.

My previous employer went bankrupt even though the speakers were pretty good and generally well-liked for what they were. Why, you ask? Just an endless series of lawsuits from people who were (AFAIK) technically in the wrong but had the money to destroy us anyway. If not for the legal bills we would have been a (depending on how you count it,) profitable startup, almost unheard-of in consumer audio.

Personally I have no sympathy for bad faith litigators, or those who threaten it. It's nothing more than a tool to extort and blackmail people with less money than you.

It's almost better to beat someone up in a parking garage. It's less cowardly, more honest, faster, less expensive for the victim, and is roughly morally equivalent.

e: No argument that people seem to like the speakers. Which is why it's a shame Eric did all this stuff. But at this point I can't conceive of giving the man any money.

Last edited:

MaxBuck

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
... I have no sympathy for bad faith litigators, or those who threaten it. It's nothing more than a tool to extort and blackmail people with less money than you.

It's almost better to beat someone up in a parking garage. It's less cowardly, more honest, faster, less expensive for the victim, and is roughly morally equivalent.
Beautifully stated. Couldn't agree more.

CleanSound

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
There is an excellent way to back out which is to post his measurements and be open to discussion about what is going on. As I post today, even today he sent me email asking that I have my lawyer to talk to his. You know how painful it is to read such emails even if you know you are in the right and can defend yourself???
Amir, you know, like I know. . .that is not an option for Eric Alexander. It is not an option because he likely does not have any anechoic measurement and if he did have legit anechoic measurements, it wouldn't be much better than what your have NFS captured. There is no way, he would show such imaginary measurements.

He just didn't do his homework and bullied the wrong person and now somehow, he thinks he can get himself out of this mess by double downing. We all know, there simply is no way for him to back out at this point; as I tell my kids, sometimes in life, there is something called too late. The best he can do is contain the blast, stop replying and crawl back into his hole and with time, hopefully this storm will pass for him.

Roland68

Major Contributor
Seriously, he's taking it further even though he's already caused so much damage to his company and its reputation?
Does @Eric Alexander not realize at all that after everything that has happened and come to light so far, no customer will trust a positive recession in his products?
How can any customer believe there is an honest and unbiased review of this brand when all they do is spread pressure, discomfort and fear to all reviewers?

Top Bottom