• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

Rate this speaker:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 286 59.1%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 176 36.4%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 15 3.1%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 7 1.4%

• Total voters

aschen

Except for the many who come here and treat everyone like human beings and seem like genuinely nice people. Maybe it isn't his profession...

Hey Im an engineer as well, just playing the probabilities and relative risk of having customer facing tech staff. This forum is great but we have our fair share of lets say unfiltered banter.

Actually scratch that just wanted to make a joke.

DLS79

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Hey Im an engineer as well, just playing the probabilities and relative risk of having customer facing tech staff. This forum is great but we have our fair share of lets say unfiltered banter.

Actually scratch that just wanted to make a joke.

I think many people here are perfectly nice. With that being said, everyone has their own line in the sand, and when someone crosses said line their responses are likely to be a lot less nice!

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I think many people here are perfectly nice. With that being said, everyone has their own line in the sand, and when someone crosses said line their responses are likely to be a lot less nice!
Yes and some people are just spoilng for a fight. EA maybe.

doug s.

This is wild! I’ve never seen anything like this, as far as I can recall. The mfg can clear up the whole thing by providing his measurements of the speakers. I assume he has measurements taken at the right angle with the feet screwed in. That’s the first thing I would do if I knew the measurements were better than Amir’s evaluation showed.

Secondly, I don’t like the fact that I know Amir has a last name. I prefer to think of him as a one named guy like Sting, Slash, Pele, Cher, The Rock (okay that’s two names), etc. However this situation resolved itself, I will continue thinking of Amir as a one name person. That’s the only thing to which I’m certain.
"I assume he has measurements taken at the right angle with the feet screwed in. That’s the first thing I would do if I knew the measurements were better than Amir’s evaluation showed."
i assume he has no measurements whatsoever. i think the last thing he wants to do is take measurements or send amir another speaker to measure, because the measurements would show little change whatsoever.

doug s.

CleanSound

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'd love to see one of you [this is an invitation] actually construct a healthy dialog that leads to a productive outcome. Again, here's my side of things...

Amir Majidimehr of Audio Science Review published flawed measurements placing my work and abilities in a false light.

The FACTS are Amir Majidimehr refuses to suspend or modify his unsolicited review of my work as of April 10th, 2024. Amir measured our loudspeaker from the wrong angle and he published a flawed frequency response and step response. The correct listening axis for this loudspeaker is directly on-axis [an entirely different angle] with the 8” woofer. The result is a much better frequency response than Amir is publicly conveying and an ideal step response; a step response that reflects the speaker is ‘time-aligned’. Amir's impedance measurement is also flawed and reflects the supplied feet were not used and with no provisions to plug four 1/4 - 20 threaded inserts resulting in him publishing a flawed impedance measurement, flawed distortion measurements, flawed cumulative spectral decay, and lowered bass output in the frequency response measurements due to internal cabinet pressure losses.

Amir’s picture of the Mini Lore reflects the speaker in the air (6 inches off the ground) with no feet being used to maintain proper internal cabinet pressure. His picture also reflects a sun bleached woofer calling into question just how old this speaker might be. The Mini Lore has been in production for 15 years and the speaker he’s using looks visually compromised.

Amir Majidimehr's fumbled measurements caused him to draw conclusions that produced false narratives regarding our loudspeakers performance and my work.

The Mini Lore has a solid cabinet containing internal bracing within; when you see a resonance that big at 180Hz there’s only one logical explanation… there must be a hole or a hidden cavity in the cabinet. Amir failed to discern this. Amir failed to plug the threaded inserts in the bottom of the cabinet and the result cast a negative light on the speaker. Why do we use threaded inserts with a hole through the cabinet? To make it more versatile for isolation feet and outriggers and to allow for the speaker to be perfectly leveled.

In my opinion, Amir Majidimehr should have been more amiable to suspending or modifying his review when I informed him weeks back there were problems.

I feel blindsided by Amir Majidimehr. I believe he owes me a personal and a public apology. I believe Amir Majidimehr should be doing everything in his power to rectify this problem.

Respectfully,
Eric Alexander
Audio Designer
President
Tekton Design, LLC
Blah blah blah. . .still waiting for your imaginary measurements.

montyliam

Amir's impedance measurement is also flawed and reflects the supplied feet were not used and with no provisions to plug four 1/4 - 20 threaded inserts resulting in him publishing a flawed impedance measurement, flawed distortion measurements, flawed cumulative spectral decay, and lowered bass output in the frequency response measurements due to internal cabinet pressure losses.

Amir’s picture of the Mini Lore reflects the speaker in the air (6 inches off the ground) with no feet being used to maintain proper internal cabinet pressure. His picture also reflects a sun bleached woofer calling into question just how old this speaker might be. The Mini Lore has been in production for 15 years and the speaker he’s using looks visually compromised.
Why is Steve Guttenbergs review on your site linked when he clearly also does not have the feet installed into the same speaker that Erin reviewed?

Sean_S

It is also unworkable for chamber music. Or any music featuring more than a single instrument. Unless you are going to buy an "instrument shaped" speaker for every instrument in every recording you are going to listen to.

The notion that the machine creating the vibrations in the air needs to be the same mass as the instrument recorded is (IMO) just yet another form of snake oil.
I read the Stereophile review by Herb of one of the larger designs with the "patented" tweeter array. I thought Herb went out of his way to say they were recommended, as he mentioned how much moving around of the speaker he had to do in order to be satisfied. As well as stuffing socks into the ports at various times. You have to read between the lines with the Stereophile reviewers because they almost always say the word "recommended".

Just from this Stereophile review, which I recently re-read, the designer came off as amateurish--as many autodidacts do (I assume he was not educated in audio engineering). The explanations regarding violin mass, etc., definitely sounded like snake oil claims simply because there was no data to back it up. He just claimed that his approach sounds better to audiophiles (an appeal to snobbery).

Good luck for him to show injury/damages in court. "Placing my abilities in a false light", come on. "The FACTS are Amir Majidimehr refuses to suspend or modify his unsolicited review of my work"--those are the most honest reviews, he should know that. I'm always suspicious of solicited reviews--sorry Amir, but I'm sure you understand.

I'm guessing his business isn't doing that well or he wouldn't care about these reviews or would engage the reviewers in a collegiate manner. I would go so far to agree with what appears to be his concern: That any jerk can post a review of his speakers. But that's about it. This seems like a "sticks and stones" situation.

Last edited:

mglobe

Forum Donor
So he's saying the correct listening axis is directly on-axis with the 8" woofer.
I read the Stereophile review by Herb of one of the larger designs with the "patented" tweeter array. I thought Herb went out of his way to say they were recommended, as he mentioned how much moving around of the speaker he had to do in order to be satisfied. As well as stuffing socks into the ports at various times. You have to read between the lines with the Stereophile reviewers because they almost always say the word "recommended".

Just from this Stereophile review, which I recently re-read, the designer came off as amateurish--as many autodidacts do (he obviously was not educated in audio engineering). The explanations regarding violin mass, etc., definitely sounded like snake oil claims simply because there was no data to back it up. He just claimed that his approach sounds better.

This guy is a doofus--of course he might try to sue me for saying that.

Good luck for him to show injury/damages in court. "Placing my abilities in a false light", come on. I'm guessing his business isn't doing that well or he wouldn't care about these reviews or would engage the reviewers in a collegiate manner. I would go so far to agree with what appears to be his concern: That any jerk can post a review of his speakers. But that's about it. This seems like a "sticks and stones" situation.
To be fair though, if you look at the measurements, and read JA's comments, it measured pretty well.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
So he's saying the correct listening axis is directly on-axis with the 8" woofer.

To be fair though, if you look at the measurements, and read JA's comments, it measured pretty well.
Only in one direction:
718TekIMfig5.jpg

napfkuchen

From a business perspective
Amir measured our loudspeaker from the wrong angle and he published a flawed frequency response and step response.
Amir, come on, you are attacking him wrong. :p

CleanSound

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It's sad to see tough guys play the 'unduly sensitive' card all day long. The facts are we are all like minded music lovers with mutual interests. Hurling insults and ad hominem attack's all day long is juvenile, boring, and non-productive.
And making accusations with no evidence is moronic.

Tangogod

The FACTS are Amir Majidimehr refuses to suspend or modify his unsolicited review of my work as of April 10th, 2024.
I can here from seeing the commentary on Audioholics.

Rather than taking a review on the chin, you have single-handedly destroyed your companies reputation with your aggressive dummy spit. Nothing will repair the reputation of your company in the eyes of thousands of potential buyers now.

I don't know if your LLC has a board, but if it does, I would think they should consider your role on it.

Snickers-is

Amir Majidimehr of Audio Science Review published flawed measurements placing my work and abilities in a false light.

The FACTS are Amir Majidimehr refuses to suspend or modify his unsolicited review of my work as of April 10th, 2024. Amir measured our loudspeaker from the wrong angle and he published a flawed frequency response and step response. The correct listening axis for this loudspeaker is directly on-axis [an entirely different angle] with the 8” woofer. The result is a much better frequency response than Amir is publicly conveying and an ideal step response; a step response that reflects the speaker is ‘time-aligned’. Amir's impedance measurement is also flawed and reflects the supplied feet were not used and with no provisions to plug four 1/4 - 20 threaded inserts resulting in him publishing a flawed impedance measurement, flawed distortion measurements, flawed cumulative spectral decay, and lowered bass output in the frequency response measurements due to internal cabinet pressure losses.

Amir Majidimehr's fumbled measurements caused him to draw conclusions that produced false narratives regarding our loudspeakers performance and my work.

The Mini Lore has a solid cabinet containing internal bracing within; when you see a resonance that big at 180Hz there’s only one logical explanation… there must be a hole or a hidden cavity in the cabinet. Amir failed to discern this. Amir failed to plug the threaded inserts in the bottom of the cabinet and the result cast a negative light on the speaker. Why do we use threaded inserts with a hole through the cabinet? To make it more versatile for isolation feet and outriggers and to allow for the speaker to be perfectly leveled.

In my opinion, Amir Majidimehr should have been more amiable to suspending or modifying his review when I informed him weeks back there were problems.

I feel blindsided by Amir Majidimehr. I believe he owes me a personal and a public apology. I believe Amir Majidimehr should be doing everything in his power to rectify this problem.

Respectfully,
Eric Alexander
Audio Designer
President
Tekton Design, LLC

It does not sound that respectful to me.

And why didn't you post your "correct curves" immediately? You got to have them, since you can tell that Amir's curves shows something different from what your curves shows, so what are you waiting for?

markus

Only in one direction:
718TekIMfig5.jpg
Maybe I'm misinterpreting your post but this is a normalized plot, i.e. all other directions are shown in relation to the 0 degree slice. That doesn't mean the 0 degree axis is ruler flat.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Maybe I'm misinterpreting your post but this is a normalized plot, i.e. all other directions are shown in relation to the 0 degree slice. That doesn't mean the 0 degree axis is ruler flat.
No it doesn’t. But other plots show that is at least fairly flat. The issue is not the reference, but everything around it.

markus

No it doesn’t. But other plots show that is at least fairly flat. The issue is not the reference, but everything around it.
Yes, it doesn't look good or smooth. But a lot depends on the room. Not every off axis abberation is bad per se.

mglobe

Forum Donor
Image 1.jpeg
Image.jpeg

Here's horizontal and "far field" averaged over 30 deg from Stereophile

montyliam

It’s going to be entertaining if/when these speakers get measured with the feet in, “on the correct listening axis” and the result barely changes - all the highlighted problems still remain the same. I wonder what more ‘measurement accuracy’ excuses he’s got in the bag.

I still can’t get over the fact the feet are supposedly such an integral part of the speaker’s function, this should probably be mentioned to customers and reviewers :)

CleanSound

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The correct Mini Lore measurements will be published on the Tekton Design website and contained within YouTube video we're producing; any of you will then be able post them up here.
My man @Eric Alexander give it up, bruh. Seriously, GIVE - IT - UP

Your huster tricks works with the audiophools. The overwhelming vast majority of ASR members are very technically inclined and educated, your con artistry BS never worked, doesn't work now and never will work here.

You are wasting your time and you are convincing no one. In fact, you are only making matters worse for your potential future customers.

Last edited:
Top Bottom