• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

Rate this speaker:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 283 58.8%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 176 36.6%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 15 3.1%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 7 1.5%

• Total voters

jools

Forum Donor
"Here's what I am discerning... you believe you are incapable of making a mistake and you take no responsibility for actions that have harmed others. Based upon your emailed responses to me I am of the opinion there's little I can teach you outside of a court of law; I think you have some important life lessons to learn; mainly, actions have consequences."
Wait... is Eric talking about Amir or about... Eric?

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
But this approach has limitations if you want to listen to much beyond chamber music.
It is also unworkable for chamber music. Or any music featuring more than a single instrument. Unless you are going to buy an "instrument shaped" speaker for every instrument in every recording you are going to listen to.

:p

The notion that the machine creating the vibrations in the air needs to be the same mass as the instrument recorded is (IMO) just yet another form of snake oil.

Last edited:

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
This is a whole new level of bizarre. There is some sort of cognitive disconnect here. Respectfully, my opinion is that Eric needs help, but not of the legal sort.
While armchair lawyering is fine in my view, I think we should avoid armchair psychoanalysis. Do some of the things Eric's doing seem inexplicable and maybe disordered to us? Sure. Is that enough to start diagnosing stuff even casually? I don't really think so.

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
"Here's what I am discerning... you believe you are incapable of making a mistake and you take no responsibility for actions that have harmed others. Based upon your emailed responses to me I am of the opinion there's little I can teach you outside of a court of law; I think you have some important life lessons to learn; mainly, actions have consequences."
Classic internet tough guy drivel...

I think the SOP in this situation is to tell them to have their attorney contact yours for all communication going forward. But I guess calling the bluff would end an amusing hand... :D

Just to be clear, are we sure he even HAS an attorney? If he does, either they're giving him terrible advice or he's not listening to them. Sometimes the people most likely to make legal threats are the least likely to actually pay a lawyer.

Last edited:

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
"Once I [Eric] post the video there's no turning back.
This is insane.

At least over here (UK - but I believe USA is similar) the court will expect the complainant to attempt a resolution before initiating court action. This is clearly a threat not to provide reasoning for his argument until it is too late.

It is not going to end well for him.

BALKAN_RAKIA

I feel blindsided, I am his victim, and I feel a need to expose his mistakes.

I am so sorry you feel this way, perhaps we should be collecting money for your legal defense fund so you can threaten more people since you are the real victim here?

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Ladies and Gents, Boys and Girls and citizens of science and engineering, let's hope we can close this chapter here tonight as the enemy of science, data and reason has retreated in humiliation. Let the sun of vibrant science shine its light across all the realms of audio.

William Wallace said:
would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for one chance, just one chance to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take our freedom!!!

Looks like it's late over there @CleanSound. ' You bin on the whiskey?

:p:D

Last edited:

Axo1989

Major Contributor
It is also unworkable for chamber music. Or any music featuring more than a single instrument. Unless you are going to buy an "instrument shaped" speaker for every instrument in every recording you are going to listen to.

:p

Yes, that was the joke.

Axo1989

Major Contributor
failure's?
loudspeakers reputation
advise
it's entirety

Yikes.

Ahh, I missed one. I was thinking mirrored apostrophe failure would deliver balance, but triple means the speaker may fall over.

CtheArgie

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Hey, everyone, wait a minute! Not only he needs an "audiophile" lawyer that will understand him, he also needs to "shop" for an appropriate judge. Remember that these days, judges can reject FDA reviews of drug data and determine themselves what is scientifically and medically correct.

It can't be too far fetched to find a judge to claim that all prior scientific data is irrelevant and only "his" ears matter.

[Just kidding, or am I?]

solderdude

Grand Contributor
For a speaker built by ear (assuming no measurements are made during the production process which is highly unlikely) is that, even given the price, it does not measure poorly. Sure... it does not measure great and has some correctable and less correctable flaws (or should I say character) that may be a no-no to most ASR members, it still seems a decent speaker.

The sad part is that at first there seemed to be a willingness to work together which turned into this nasty sh!tshow where the greatest disservice was done by the manufacturer himself @Eric Alexander.
He could have had moments of recognition and fame at ASR if he had not turned nasty. Remaining civil is important. Certainly when you have something (reputation/name) to lose.

Last edited:

Ze Frog

For a speaker built by ear (assuming no measurements are made during the production process which is highly unlikely) is that, even given the price, it does not measure poorly. Sure... it does not measure great and has some correctable and less correctable flaws (or should I say character) that may be a no-no to most ASR members, it still seems a decent speaker.

The sad part is that at first there seemed to be a willingness to work together which turned into this nasty sh!tshow where the greatest disservice was done by the manufacturer himself @Eric Alexander.
He could have had moments of recognition and fame at ASR if he had not turned nasty. Remaining civil is important. Certainly when you have something to lose.
It's a shame really, hopefully the guy will see sense and reach out to Amir and Erin and try to put things right. This was all completely avoidable, Eric seems like a bit of a hothead, but somebody around him should have had the decency to point out some kind of rationale. Longer he leaves it though the more the window closes.

Ze Frog

For me Tekton is dead already. I'll never buy or recommend their product for sure.
Me neither. You would think they would at least try to fix though for those that might be more forgiving or not seen what's happening yet though. Everyday more hear and see what's going on, more and more damage.

DSJR

Major Contributor
I'm going to call it now.

EDIT: This lesson that Eric Alexander learn will be very humbling for him and the humiliation for his bluff being called will haunt him for the remainder of his business days.
I doubt he'll feel humiliation, merely more anger that someone with qualifications dared to stand up to him. I knew and did some work for a similar kind of man (now deceased) who almost always blamed the other party if something went wrong, no matter what and diverting blame away from himself.

Roland68

Major Contributor

He could have had moments of recognition and fame at ASR if he had not turned nasty. Remaining civil is important. Certainly when you have something (reputation/name) to lose.
Maybe one day he will realize what an incredible opportunity he missed here on ASR and at erinsaudiocorner.
Especially these days, loudspeakers that are different can also be extremely polarizing. He missed this opportunity 110%. For a good marketing developer, the storyboard writes itself. An outsider company that follows its own philosophy and makes speakers for people who just enjoy music. Successful marketing would rarely have been so easy and it is really rare that a company gets the chance to do something like this.

But he simply flushed this marketing opportunity, which certainly had a marketing value in the 5-6 figure range (or more), down the toilet.

@Eric Alexander says he doesn't need help, but I've often advised people who were both CEO and owner to focus on their core competencies and leave the management and external image of the company to others. Those who then overcame their own egos were incredibly successful.

Top Bottom