• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

Rate this streamer/DAC:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 25 4.8%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 144 27.9%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 340 65.9%

• Total voters

Stefti

Hello Team
I`ve messed up the music files by transferring and changing location in the SSD
So it may be a good time to start from scratch
Remove the SSD and reformat the unit (EversoloA6)
Options:
1 Re-upload the music files into the SSD from the computer (100GB) and how best to do it
2 Ripping all the CDs with the computer again (WMA)with EAC
3 Or ripping the CDs straight from a portable CD player attached to the Eversolo A6..one by one

I prefer quality over convenience
Thanks!!
Best

Stef

Salt

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
If the files are still present on PC, upload via webinterface.

Stefti

Thanks, Salt
Yes the files are digitally stored
Question..s
Are indexing and transferring files digitally equal to ripping the (mostly Flac) to WMA with EAC
Or directly into the A6 via a portable CD player
I`m concerned about the eventuality of losing quality to the computer's internal "noisy" environment
The Eversolo is mainly used as a music server for the Kefs Ls50 w via USB
Thanks again!
Best
Stef

Stefti

Here`s the thread

Salt

Forum Donor
I used EAC for ripping all CD's on Laptop via USB-Drive to be stored on NAS.
Transferred to NVME in A6 via Webinterface. No problems occured.
Why should pc-noise interfere in Exact Audio Copy as it's digital no analogue?

Gyosa1

I love my A8 so much I picked up a A6ME for my patio system .
My amp is an old B&K EX-442 200w /ch , dual mono I’ve owned for 30+ years and works perfectly - recently serviced.
It only has RCA inputs.

I hooked up the new A6 via RCA cables and selected RCA as the output.
The volume was VERY low - much lower than I would have thought since it outputs over 2v RCA and the input sensitivity of the amp is only 1.55v for full power …. Had to turn the volume to -20db to get decent volume - not the way my Cambridge 851n reacted with 2v output via RCA into same amp.

I was puzzled …

After a few hours I selected XLR/RCA output just to see what would happen - and the output doubled… perfect !

selecting XLR/RCA must provide the RCA outputs with the XLR’s full 5v vs the RCA’s 2.5v.

Is this normal ?

Bk

Last edited:

Salt

Forum Donor
- 20 dB for decent volume should be rated as to be espected. What about 0 dB (2V output)?

Gyosa1

- 20 dB for decent volume should be rated as to be espected. What about 0 dB (2V output)?
0db would be very loud , but you lose the “fine tuning” of the volume at those levels - yes , the volume “steps” are set at .5db increments.

I guess I was wondering why my 851n drove the amp to much louder volume levels at less voltage than the A6 - meaning , there was much more volume “left” on the 851 than the A6 at the same volume …..

also curious as to whether anyone else has the same behavior out of their A6 as mine and whether or not it’s normal for the A6 to output more voltage via XLR/RCA than RCA outputs ….

bk

Nutul

0db would be very loud , but you lose the “fine tuning” of the volume at those levels - yes , the volume “steps” are set at .5db increments.

I guess I was wondering why my 851n drove the amp to much louder volume levels at less voltage than the A6 - meaning , there was much more volume “left” on the 851 than the A6 at the same volume …..

also curious as to whether anyone else has the same behavior out of their A6 as mine and whether or not it’s normal for the A6 to output more voltage via XLR/RCA than RCA outputs ….

bk
I think I have read something similar; cannot remember where TBH, maybe on the zidoo forums for the A6.
Actually there it was a problem, as it produced pops / cracks as if it was clipping; nevertheless it became clear that the level with "XLR/RCA" was higher than with "Analog RCA" alone...
It is weird, as the only meaning of XLR/RCA is to provide both outputs active at the same time... nobody expects RCAs to go 5V. At least not me.

Gyosa1

I think I have read something similar; cannot remember where TBH, maybe on the zidoo forums for the A6.
Actually there it was a problem, as it produced pops / cracks as if it was clipping; nevertheless it became clear that the level with "XLR/RCA" was higher than with "Analog RCA" alone...
It is weird, as the only meaning of XLR/RCA is to provide both outputs active at the same time... nobody expects RCAs to go 5V. At least not me.
Yeah , me neither… that’s why I thought it was odd ..

bk

staticV3

Master Contributor
@Gyosa1 Have you tried measuring the output voltage with a multimeter? It's pretty easy to do and would give use some actual data to discuss.

Stefti

Hello Team
Just to update my dilemma with the files not being recognized (after uploading it into the M.2 drive)
I came across this thread and managed to scan and fix all the (miss managed files)

"In the Library menu, click on the scan icon on the right side of the added path to update the music for that path. Clicking on the X icon will delete this path. Long-pressing on the added path will also bring up a menu for updating, rescanning, and removing operations."

I`m all good to go for now
But I`m still going to scan all my CDs with EAC with the correct metadata for keepsake!
Hope it helps someone else

Best

octavius

09 May is Munchen hifi show. I caught that they should introduce Qobuz Connect at this show, but I sincerely do not believe it, so I would like to be surprised. I also hoped that Eversolo is waiting or working on this implementation ?? !!

Top Bottom