• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

7Hz x Crinacle Zero:2 IEM Review

Rate this IEM:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 34 10.2%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 288 86.2%

• Total voters

enricoclaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
I'm still holding off until the New Year. Can you get head-banger volume with the Apple adapter or is it just "enough"?
It gets pretty loud with the Apple dongle adapter on my iPhone 14 Pro Max. Definitely no need for an external amp, at least not for me.

Draco_737

I only just received these yesterday - but I am already very impressed. I have listened to numerous tracks that I know very well. I am hearing musical balance and low level musical details that I don’t hear on my HD650s of my AirPod 2 Pros or on my Linkwitz Orion speakers. That I’m getting this from a £25 IEM (and Apple Dac Lightning dongle) is remarkable. They’re also very comfortable to wear - but this is of course personal.
I’ll be retaining my AirPodPros for the convenience when I’m out and about, but at the moment, I’m feeling that my HD650s aren’t going to be used much…
Just purchased these primarily because of your comment! I have the HD 650s and Airpods Pro 2 too so am eager to see how these compare, especially given that these will be my first "serious" wired IEMs. Got a long three-week wait for delivery though...

ob1

Forum Donor
This is literally the opposed to my experience with the ZERO:2s. I had today an A/B test with the ZERO's RED and ZERO:2s, in more than 15 swaps, the ZERO:2s won. They are just perfectly EQ. No need to do any EQ to get the right sound. Unfortunately I made the mistake to bring them to practice and one of my worship leaders refused to gave them back to me so I ordered two more pairs with delivery for Dec 28th. I'm using Comply foam tips with them and the fit is just perfect.

Make sure you have the cables plugged in the right way. The R and L signs on the cable have to match with the L and R signs on the IEM's If you put them the wrong way, you will be inverting polarity and the sound would be the way you are describing.
Bingo! Thank you for your clever advice enricoclaudio, I had indeed inversed the wiring!
That was my stupid mistake, shame on me for not checking this before and polluting the forum :facepalm:.
Dear fellow ASR members, I am awaiting for my rightful punishment.

I am not in a position to make any advice, but if you read this and you feel like the Zero:2 sound balance is off, "make sure you have the cables plugged in the right way. The R and L signs on the cable have to match with the L and R signs on the IEM's".

Of note, they now do sound very similar to Truthear Crinacle Red and are very satisfying.

192kbps

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Just received mine, there's no doubt about it. It's just better than the TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero:RED, cheaper, more comfortable, and has better sound. It doesn't require EQ at all. Thanks HARMAN, thank you to ASR. Amirm is not deaf, thank you for all of this.

SaltyCDogg

I'm still holding off until the New Year. Can you get head-banger volume with the Apple adapter or is it just "enough"?
With the apple dongle on an android phone you only get 0.5V and it's not enough, works fine on iphone apparently. There are some tricks you can try to get it to work at full power but none worked for me on my Samsung S23+

Hifihedgehog

Forum Donor
Another thing to check is to make sure you plugged them in all the way into your source. I have had headphones sound that way until I discover I had not fully inserted the plug.
To piggyback off of that, @ob1, you might also try checking at your "destination" as well for a fitment issue. Try adjusting the rotation of the IEM insertion in your ear and also trying one of the smaller eartips. Most often, I have seen IEMs "open up" so to speak from simply adjusting the eartips and insertion angle because the drivers were either sealed off or mostly obstructed from the eartip opening being bent inward or compressed shut.

EDIT: I am out in the boonies for the holidays with 1-bar of LTE and just saw that your issue was reversed polarity. Leaving this comment since it may still help someone.

Reactions: ob1

F1308

Major Contributor
And an inexpensive, competent pair of speakers will blow both the headphone and IEM completely out of the water IME.

But it's all about compromise ....
Start experimenting, and let us know the price point at which the speakers matched the performance offered by the 7Hz v2.

I am waiting, take your time.

Guessing north of US$ 10000.

:):):):)

fernando.yang

AudioSceptic

Major Contributor
With the apple dongle on an android phone you only get 0.5V and it's not enough, works fine on iphone apparently. There are some tricks you can try to get it to work at full power but none worked for me on my Samsung S23+
I think the Euro USB-C and Lightning are both limited to 0.5 V. I'm disappointed that you find that the sensitivity of these earphones is not enough to make up for the 6 dB drop in output.

asibbald

I get as much volume as I comfortably need - but certainly not “ head banging“ levels. But then I don’t listen to music that would need such levels. Sarah Vaughan, Joni Mitchell and Van Morrisson are the sort of thing I listen to…..

half_dog

I'm trying to hold back myself buying one more IEM. But there are some reports of people telling that's better than Zero: Red. It has being pretty hard to contain my curiosity haha
Could someone talk about how the Red with the impedance adapter sounds compared to the Zero: 2? I'm asking it because the bass boost sounds too much for me and by some graphs both have a similar bass in this condition. I'm "afraid" that the Zero: 2 might sounds too bassy for my taste (although my curiosity haha).

khensu

I get as much volume as I comfortably need - but certainly not “ head banging“ levels. But then I don’t listen to music that would need such levels. Sarah Vaughan, Joni Mitchell and Van Morrisson are the sort of thing I listen to…..
I accidentally hit play after plugging these in using my Apple dongle. It was very loud, and the volume level was only around 65. It can definitely get brutally loud with just the dongle.

khensu

I'm trying to hold back myself buying one more IEM. But there are some reports of people telling that's better than Zero: Red. It has being pretty hard to contain my curiosity haha
Could someone talk about how the Red with the impedance adapter sounds compared to the Zero: 2? I'm asking it because the bass boost sounds too much for me and by some graphs both have a similar bass in this condition. I'm "afraid" that the Zero: 2 might sounds too bassy for my taste (although my curiosity haha).
I think the TCZ Red with the dongle is too bottom-heavy. The 7Hz Zero 2 definitely does not sound like that. I feel like the bass is very well done. In fact, I swear I can actually "feel" the bass sometimes, which I've never felt with an IEM, but it does not feel bass-heavy. I don't know if that helps you, though

half_dog

Thanks!
I think the TCZ Red with the dongle is too bottom-heavy.
Exactly! Sometimes it gives me a little headache.
I swear I can actually "feel" the bass sometimes, which I've never felt with an IEM, but it does not feel bass-heavy.
Interesting... Red can pass me this feeling too even without the impedance adapter. I would consider it almost at my preference.
Honestly I'm really happy with the Red with foam tip, but you know... curiosity

khensu

Interesting... Red can pass me this feeling too even without the impedance adapter. I would consider it almost at my preference.
Honestly I'm really happy with the Red with foam tip, but you know... curiosity
I agree. I also love the TCZ Red, but while it is absolutely listenable without EQ, I do think it benefits from a couple mild tweaks. I've been listening to these pretty much all day today and I have yet to feel it needs any kind of adjustment.

markanini

Major Contributor
Truthear Red bass levels without the bass+ are is just right for me. You will get too much bass if you plug in to headphone outputs higher than 2 Ohm impedance. The only thing I felt needed addressing with EQ was a +2dB treble boost above 7kHz.

AudioSceptic

Major Contributor
Thanks. I like a very wide range of music, including what you mentioned. I just like to know that there's a bit more if I want it.

Top Bottom