• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

7Hz x Crinacle Zero:2 IEM Review

Rate this IEM:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 34 10.0%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 294 86.5%

• Total voters

DanTheMan

I haven’t bought these (yet). I’ve resisted the temptation because the previous generation has a terrible treble quality on my test fixture (me). Has anyone experienced this using the second iteration? I have no need for another IEM and I’m fairly happy with the Hola, but by the time I get the treble to where it’s not painful, there’s not much of it left at all. It requires foam tips to get me there. I can’t EQ when I’m plugging into my phone so something that doesn’t require EQ is always a bonus and if it manages to sound good then it’s really special. This looks like it could probably hold up with silicone tips. It would be nice to get some more detailed listening impressions from a few owners.

DanTheMan

For something this cheap, you can get it and form your own opinion. :)
With Amazon, they can be returned as well. I’m just the cheapest person you’ve ever met when it comes to IEMs. I almost never actually like them and I feel bad for returning products that aren’t defective. I know companies lose money when people do that and I hate to think of doing that when profit margins must be thin. I mean these are remarkable measurements for next to nothing. That said, they were sitting in my cart for a week before this review. This review only made it more difficult resist, but I’ve held strong expecting the worst.

DanTheMan

Final e also warm up IEMs, but their inner diameter is small. So they can be a tough fit for wider nozzles.

asd1

Forum Donor
What tips do people recommend besides Comply foam? I find those change the sound signature vs silicone
Got them yesterday, have been using with Spinfit CP145 which i already had. Perfect sound for me. Don't need anything more than these and Airpods Pro when out.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
With Amazon, they can be returned as well. I’m just the cheapest person you’ve ever met when it comes to IEMs. I almost never actually like them and I feel bad for returning products that aren’t defective. I know companies lose money when people do that and I hate to think of doing that when profit margins must be thin. I mean these are remarkable measurements for next to nothing. That said, they were sitting in my cart for a week before this review. This review only made it more difficult resist, but I’ve held strong expecting the worst.
I didn't mean to suggest returning it. I am sure you can make someone else very happy by gifting it to them if you don't like it.

DanTheMan

Okay, you’ve convinced me. I’ll just keep the packaging perfect and regift if necessary. I’m sure this will be awesome for most people if not for me. I’ve got a feeling I’ll be keeping them however.

AudioSceptic

Major Contributor
I haven’t bought these (yet). I’ve resisted the temptation because the previous generation has a terrible treble quality on my test fixture (me). Has anyone experienced this using the second iteration? I have no need for another IEM and I’m fairly happy with the Hola, but by the time I get the treble to where it’s not painful, there’s not much of it left at all. It requires foam tips to get me there. I can’t EQ when I’m plugging into my phone so something that doesn’t require EQ is always a bonus and if it manages to sound good then it’s really special. This looks like it could probably hold up with silicone tips. It would be nice to get some more detailed listening impressions from a few owners.
Isn't there an app you can use on your phone? For instance, on the iPhone, Onkyo HF Player has settings for different earphone types, one of which *might* help.

SaltyCDogg

I think the Euro USB-C and Lightning are both limited to 0.5 V. I'm disappointed that you find that the sensitivity of these earphones is not enough to make up for the 6 dB drop in output.
I think it's a bug from what I've read, apparently they're fine on iphone.

I've got 3x USB C dongles, the Meizu Hifi Pro (which is great), a cheap one from amazon which is a distortion factory and the iphone one. The first two are at about 40% volume to match the iphone one at full power. I would honestly just buy something else. The lack of power is far more noticeable than the the potential difference in SINAD with another dongle.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Now 7Hz could come up with a matching dongle, really small and inexpensive like single CS43131, to match their Zero line.

AudioSceptic

Major Contributor
I think it's a bug from what I've read, apparently they're fine on iphone.

I've got 3x USB C dongles, the Meizu Hifi Pro (which is great), a cheap one from amazon which is a distortion factory and the iphone one. The first two are at about 40% volume to match the iphone one at full power. I would honestly just buy something else. The lack of power is far more noticeable than the the potential difference in SINAD with another dongle.
I thought it was an EU compliance thing.

Chromatischism

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
If you have the original Zero, this seems like an "I'm bored and want something to play with" kind of buy. Not crazy about the looks either.

Does anyone have the Zero and Zero Red 2?

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
If you have the original Zero, this seems like an "I'm bored and want something to play with" kind of buy. Not crazy about the looks either.

Does anyone have the Zero and Zero Red 2?
Just get yourself a 7Hz Zero:2 and compare both, and gift the one you like the least to someone. They are so great and so cheap that they make excellent gift IMO.

Top Bottom