• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping D10 Balanced Review (USB DAC)

SegaCD

Anyone else notice that SHENZENAUDIO emails announcing a new Topping product are sent within minutes/hours of the ASR review going up of that same product? I'm practically using the emails as an ASR notification at this point. lmao

Veri

Master Contributor
Ah didn't know that! because the SMSL SU-8 had 2 if I remember correctly so I thought you need 2 for "real" balanced.
You need two for dual mono. One chip has a perfectly suitable differential output.

I didn't read the entire thread, but I've often wondered why the D10 models have SPDIF outputs. Why not have inputs?
It makes it a cheap, darn high quality little interface ;) not much of competition out there. As a matter of fact, the DAC is a nice bonus on the D10 series IMO.

Atratusnex

@JohnYang1997 does the topping d10b support UAC1 or just UAC2?. Does it work with Sony PlayStation 4 / 5 over USB like the atom dac +?

alekksander

unbalanced output instead of digital out + dimmable display = perfect unit

Sharur

1626807448524.png

matched the width based on dimensions given

GWolfman

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
If I'm connecting a Raspberry Pi (e.g., running Daphile) to my AVR, would an S/PDIF (e.g., optical) connection be the best option? If so, would there be a better or cheaper (at least transparent) option than this?

audiojoe

Very happy owner of a D10s/L30 combo here and all I can say is wow, Topping has done it again!
I think Amir's influence on the industry will continue to grow and give consumers better products and value in the future.
Being a university student, whom's part time job is directly affected by the pandemic, I don't know when I'll feel financially safe enough again to invest in new audio gear, but you can be sure that when I do, Topping will be at the top of my list!

Now the only problem are Headphones, were I have to eq way too much for my liking (using pre 2020 Sundara) and distortion is still a bit high in some places.
Maybe once it becomes physically impossible to improve dacs/amps much further, Topping could get into making Headphones/speakers? One can only dream...

Lupin

Lupin

Well, Topping markets the D30Pro/A30Pro stack with D30 on top which would block even more vent holes. Also, @JohnYang1997 said it wouldn't cause any issues.
Never said it would cause any issues.

infinitesymphony

Major Contributor

alekksander

Would love to see a head-to-head between the Behringer MONITOR1 and the JBL NanoPatch+.

https://jblpro.com/products/nano-patch-plus

nanopatch-_front_z_vert_medium.jpg

I like the Mono button and dual XLR I/O on the Behringer.

It would be nice to see performance across the potentiometer range.

I wish there is that variety in digital encoders to control volume. (more convinient, possibility to control other things such as media control buttons and no affect on performance)

Helicopter

Major Contributor
Being passive, I would expect the monitor1 to be balanced. Regardless, we will find out for sure when Amir tests it. ;)

I definitely prefer the aesthetic and layout of the Monitor1 to the JBL Nano Patch.

Top Bottom