• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Most beautiful speakers in the world ?

xplosiv

Can't believe these haven't been posted here yet.

+ Not pretentious
+ Wife will like the yellow
rokit.jpg

jonfitch

Without a doubt, Revel Gem2
Revel_Gem2_Mahogany_1605x1605_Hero.png

I've had the full 7-channel Ultima2 setup in the past. The Gem2s are a lot uglier than you think. The acoustic lens is really shiny and stands out like some fishing accessory, and the speakers are gigantic and have the bass response of a clock radio. I definitely used the Gem2s with the grills on most of the time. I do think the Salon2 and Studio 2 looks beautiful though.

Last edited:

concorde1

The Gem2s are a lot uglier than you think. The acoustic lens is really shiny and stands out like some fishing accessory, and the speakers are gigantic and have the bass response of a clock radio.
Well I can't say I've seen them in real life, but they've always looked majestic in pictures I've seen, although potentially a bit plastic-y.
If I got them I'd use them with a sub anyway so I wouldn't mind.

XpanD

Forum Donor
Two speakers that come to mind for me are the KS Digital C5-Reference and C8-Reference, both with the wood front plate:

12649636_800.jpg

12400267_800.jpg

They are pretty bog-standard coaxes, but the wood just really makes them work for me. Especially the K5! Brings back fond memories of me playing around with my dad's old Hepta supertweeters as a kid:

index.php

Paco De Lucia

B&W Matrix 800
IMG_8635 (2).jpeg

Puddingbuks

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
From images I've seen, Revel Gem2
Revel_Gem2_Mahogany_1605x1605_Hero.png
Ugly as hell. These screws and surrounds on each speaker, the cheap dials with text, that tweeter doesn’t match at all...

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor

sfdoddsy

It is fascinating how people's idea of beautiful differs. The majority of the speakers mentioned in this thread seem to be kind of cool speakers that people want, looks be damned.

Like those incredibly ugly Genelecs. Or the slightly less ugly but still not close to attractive Revels.

My definition is a speaker that someone who hates speakers would actually like to have in their lounge.

And hence I'll bump my own Davone Solos.

My current wife has endured 10 years of me buying, building and swapping speakers. Her very low standard has been less ugly than the previous speaker is good, but invisible would be better.

The least ugly and most invisible was the KEF LS50.

Until I bought the Davones.

Now they are 'her' speakers. As much a piece of art as the Egg Chair next to them. Fortunately they sound very good as I will never be allowed to upgrade.

That is beauty.

And thus I win.

:)
sololivingzoom.jpg

manisandher

I liked the look of my old BD Swing speakers.

Swings Pair.jpg

Mani.

manisandher

not sure if beautiful but they look cool. living voice.
f980fd7b01a6e668b98ffb885fde8e42.jpg

dali:
dalifazonf5hgwh_4.jpg

You can see where they got their design inspiration from:

living voice dalek.jpg

Mani.

Top Bottom