• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

HIDIZS S8 USB-C Headphone Adapter Review

staticV3

Master Contributor
Hi everyone, this is the Hidizs S8 (on the left) vs the sonata HD Pro (on the right)
For me, it is exactly the same...

Sorry for my english....

Hello from France!
View attachment 47373
Thank you so much for the commitment!
While I'm glad I got the S8 for just $60, it also sucks that the same SQ can be had for little more than $25...
Lesson learned I guess :)

vitalii427

Forum Donor
Thank you so much for the commitment!
While I'm glad I got the S8 for just $60, it also sucks that the same SQ can be had for little more than $25...
Lesson learned I guess :)
Where do you have such prices?

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
Well now you who bought any of these need to put some pressure on TempoTec (after holiday) for a proper driver.

sejarzo

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I'm getting a similar problem. Whenever I stop the music or change tracks, I get a little click/pop. Every time a track starts or Windows plays a sound, the noise floor is elevated for about half a second. It sounds like it's turning on and shutting down an internal component to save power, causing some unpleasant output at every switch.

Just discovered that when I connect the HD Pro to a USB port on the front of my PC under the desk rather than the USB3 .0 hub on top of my desk, that ~1.3 second drop out seems not to occur using WASAPI event or push mode. I always connected the FiiO K1 to that hub and never had a similar problem. Weird.

EDIT:

It's not necessarily the hub. I moved the hub to a port on a PCI-E add-in USB card rather than one connected directly to the motherboard, and the HD Pro worked just fine connected to the hub. I've had some thumb drives that don't like particular USB ports on this PC (HP Z220) too. Still a little weird, but at least this is a heads up if you have similar problems.

Last edited:

wyup

Hi everyone, this is the Hidizs S8 (on the left) vs the sonata HD Pro (on the right)
For me, it is exactly the same...

Sorry for my english....

Hello from France!
View attachment 47373
On the picture the Tempotec Sonata Pro is longer than the Hidizs S8. According to specs both are 47 mm long.
S8: 47 x 18 x 7.8 mm Sonata Pro: 47 x 17 x 8 mm. And the S8 is alluminium alloy..

vivo

The Two are in aluminium, Hidizs had two cap in plastic. Tempotec is full aluminium.
But the Hidizs seems isolated to the chassis with "red paste" on the screws, tempotec don't have this red paste, the pcd seems touch the chassis by the screw.
the soldering of the jack plug seems better on the hidizs, tempotec soldering seems DIY...
I just open it, they still functional.
IMG_9312.JPG
IMG_9313.JPG

neutralguy

Just discovered that when I connect the HD Pro to a USB port on my PC under the desk rather than the USB3 .0 hub on top of my desk, that ~1.3 second drop out seems not to occur using WASAPI event or push mode. I always connected the FiiO K1 to that hub and never had a similar problem. Weird.

The issue I described is probably not the same issue because it occurs on both PC and Android. I'm sure it's an issue internal to the device. On PC I can work around it by playing something on loop in the background at a very low level.

mrnikt

Just opinion from other Audophile forum
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/usb...ts-find-the-best.908839/page-66#post-15434430

Actually, an internet friend of mine compared his Sonata Pro to the Meizu Pro and found the Meizu Pro to be a lot better while I easily prefer the S8 to the Meizu Pro. This is suuper subjective but it might be a sign that the two are not in fact identical.
It looks like they share the same parts but SQ might be different.
Its just subjective opinion but ... :)

tifune

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
For me, it is exactly the same

Given this new info, anyone have an idea as to why S8 can use mic but Sonata cannot? Not a deal breaker but is nice to have during physical activity

Top Bottom