• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

Rate this speaker:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 284 58.9%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 176 36.5%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 15 3.1%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 7 1.5%

• Total voters

Eric Alexander

Audio Company
So this model uses through wall feet holes as well, amazing... Anyway, I can see Eric's point now, different reference center and open cabinet will change some of the measurements (not necessarily for the better), this message of HOW they are wrong should be the first thing he wrote to Amir, rather than aggressive table flipping and rage quitting, but here we are
Months back I wrote to Amir and informed him of his data being collected from the wrong angle. His response was that it didn't matter and wouldn't change anything in the far-field at the listening listening position. It was at this moment that I knew he and I were never going to agree on much of anything.

Eric Alexander

Audio Company
My man @Eric Alexander give it up, bruh. Seriously, GIVE - IT - UP

Your huster tricks works with the audiophools. The overwhelming vast majority of ASR members are very technically inclined and educated, your con artistry BS never worked, doesn't work now and never will work here.

You are wasting your time and you are convincing no one. In fact, you are only making matters worse for your potential future customers.
Respectfully, I'm not seeking a life coach at this time.

DLS79

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Months back I wrote to Amir and informed him of his data collected from the wrong angle. His response was that it didn't matter and wouldn't change anything in the far-field at the listening listening position. It was at this moment that I knew he and I were never going to agree on much of anything.

Honestly, you really need to read up, so you understand how the Klippel Near Field Scanner System works!

CleanSound

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Months back I wrote to Amir and informed him of his data being collected from the wrong angle. His response was that it didn't matter and wouldn't change anything in the far-field at the listening listening position. It was at this moment that I knew he and I were never going to agree on much of anything.
And he immediately asked you for your measurements that would contradict his measurements. But absolute radio silence, and still no data.

Respectfully, I'm not seeking a life coach at this time.
Then what are you seeking? Further humiliation?

Last edited:

ta240

Major Contributor
Where is your proof?

And to be clear I'm talking real scientific data, not opinion!
Which one? The listening axis or the feet? Are either point being argued by Amir?

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
My response was based on actually doing just that. Klippel NFS computes the full 3-D soundfield so I can, post measurement, show any reference axis I want. I have done this for other speakers and as I explained to you, it makes no material difference. What's more, I told you that your customers are not sitting there with their head in the vice to be at woofer axis. Further, i explained that it would be highly unusual for woofer to be reference axis as its response is mostly ominidirectional. It is the tweeter that has a narrow beam, not woofer.

You could have countered all of this with measurements at the time but you did not. Had you provided one, I would have immediately put in the review. And recomputed mine as a way of verification. These are all on you, not me. I can't chase random claims by manufacturers when it goes against data and knowledge I have.

Let's hope your youtube video shows measurements for both reference points. One measurement is not going to address this at all.

Dave Bullet

View attachment 362778View attachment 362779

Here's horizontal and "far field" averaged over 30 deg from Stereophile
The on-axis above 200Hz looks good.

Stereophile do not apply baffle step losses to the nearfield response (which they record for port and woofer for summed bass) hence why you see a bump around 80Hz which isn't likely there in reality.

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Klippel NFS computes the full 3-D soundfield so I can, post measurement, show any reference axis I want.

But those axes are not enough, rumours say that only if you close 3 out 4 feet holes, place the microphone inside the fourth one at an angle of 66.6° and play Stairway to Heaven backwards it measures flat.

Dave Bullet

Are you talking about measurement axis? By default as you know tweeter is often used, but in an upside down (MT) arrangement (e.g. Mission Model 70 Mk2) - the midwoofer is the reference axis for listening (and therefore measurement - whether vertical or horizontal off axis) as maybe the case with the Lore

RobL

I’m definitely in the minority here but I actually feel a bit bad for E A. *ducks rotten vegetables*
Here’s a guy who, in trying to protect his small business, made some pretty bad PR blunders and now has painted himself into a corner. There’s really no good out for him now…zugzwang I think.
He’s certainly made several mistakes and probably severely underestimated ASR’s membership but does he really deserve to be cancelled? I mean this is a small domestic speaker manufacturer with several employees and from what I can tell many happy customers.

doug s.

"It was at this moment that I knew he and I were never going to agree on much of anything."
that must be because at that moment, you realized amir deals with facts, and you are fact-averse; not interested in facts.

doug s.

Tangogod

He’s certainly made several mistakes and probably severely underestimated ASR’s membership but does he really deserve to be cancelled?
He needs to do a Mea Culpa and apologise to the community. Not be a Napolean.

But I guess he has more than 6' to dig down to.

doug s.

I’m definitely in the minority here but I actually feel a bit bad for E A. *ducks rotten vegetables*
Here’s a guy who, in trying to protect his small business, made some pretty bad PR blunders and now has painted himself into a corner. There’s really no good out for him now…zugzwang I think.
He’s certainly made several mistakes and probably severely underestimated ASR’s membership but does he really deserve to be cancelled? I mean this is a small domestic speaker manufacturer with several employees and from what I can tell many happy customers.
everyone makes mistakes. not everyone intentionally attacks people for being honest. i really don't have much sympathy here...

doug s.

Tachyon88

No one is canceling him though. This is about truth and integrity. I'm very disturbed by his behavior and its of his own making.

HeadDoc12

Forum Donor
When Eric Alexander told me about his patent pending 15 dome radiating hybrid MTM high frequency array, and his patented version using 7 tweeters, but a full one third of the speakers on his website don't use either, including one that sells for $14000 (I forget the exact name, but I believe it is something like Hideous Red Monster That No Sane Person Would Want in Their Home), and he used words like "tough guy" and "ad hominem attacks" and "insults" to describe the behavior of anyone BUT himself, and threatened legal action to two different reviewers in one week (after doing it before elsewhere), and kept puking up verbal nonsense like "solicited review" [Side Note: Eric Alexander - One Star: WOULD NOT RECOMMEND], and refused to even once acknowledge any error on his part, and STILL will not produce one shred of evidence of any kind to support anything he is upset about, and just generally acted like a villain in a bad 1980s kids movie about the beloved Rec Center being turned into a parking garage ("But now where am I gonna hang with all my buds after school?"), and tarnished the reputation of his company and possibly the entire hobby of home audio, and distracted me for DAYS when I could've been doing almost anything else because he just kept refusing to accept reality... I knew he and I were never going to agree on much of anything.

Esprit

Forum Donor
As a simple customer I had the opportunity to speak directly with owners or presidents of famous brands to solve my problems.
No one has ever been arrogant.
Honestly, even if they were the best speakers in the world, after everything I've read, I would never buy them.
P.S. Regarding the legal cases: after I returned a product that was not the one I ordered (around €2,000), Amazon refused to refund me (because according to them I had returned another product).
The court sentenced them to pay restitution and legal costs.

Reactions: ob1

DLS79

Forum Donor
Here’s a guy who, in trying to protect his small business, made some pretty bad PR blunders and now has painted himself into a corner. There’s really no good out for him now…

He can get himself out of the corner fairly simply in a couple different ways.

1) He can't present his own data to the world that's proves he is right and that others are wrong. Four times since Wednesdays the 3rd of this month he has said he/they are going tot produce a video that shows Amir's "mistakes"
2) he could publish a public apology on the news section of his companies website. His website runs on WordPress, so it is exceptionally easy to publish a simple apology.

USER

Forum Donor
Here’s a guy who, in trying to protect his small business, made some pretty bad PR blunders and now has painted himself into a corner.
I'll fix it for you:

Here's a guy who, in trying to coerce the market by bullying and pressuring reviewers by threatening their financial futures, is continuing to make very bad blunders such as continuing his legal threats, picked a fight with the absolute worst person in the world for him to choose, and is going to get what he deserves.

Those posts he is making online are made solely to take advantage of kind-hearted people such as yourself. See this from an hour ago:

Last edited:

Ze Frog

But the Klippel system can measure from thousands of different points and actually work out the optimal reference axis, so how can it be flawed?

If you believe what you are saying, why not just provide a demo of how you measure and then maybe contact Klippel as to a flaw in their product?

Top Bottom