• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

Rate this streamer/DAC:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 25 4.8%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 144 27.9%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 340 65.9%

• Total voters

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor

SP13

If the DAC was better there’d be no need to run to an external DAC… The Idea was to get rid of my Bluesound and the External DAC …
The A6 does not allow me to do that

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
If the DAC was better there’d be no need to run to an external DAC… The Idea was to get rid of my Bluesound and the External DAC …
The A6 does not allow me to do that
The dac is completely transparent and as good as anything at any price, see Amir’s measurements.
@Dan of course it isn't, I am afraid of being highly suspicious when I read subjective comments of that nature .
Keith

SP13

In my experience yes Flat & Lifeless… Totally an audible difference compared to my SMSL SU-9, running thru Odyssey Kismet Monoblocks to . 7 Maggi’s….With Cardas Clear Interconnects.

You’re milage may vary and I’m not running it to an oscilloscope… Just my ears and I was not happy with the SQ. If the A6 were my 1st DAC and I’ve not heard anything else I’d probably be ok with it, but hearing my SU-9 and friend’s other DAC (Zanden 5000 mkIV), Totally not happy with the sound of the A6’s DAC. We both returned our A6’s both having the identical issues as listed above on each of our separate systems.
The Streamer on the other hand sounded much better then the one in the Bluesound N130

Both of us liking the interface so much agree we’d repurchase if they straightened out the issues in a future release.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Transparent dac is transparent dac, but if you believe one transparent dac sounds different to another have at it.
Keith

Werther44210

In my experience yes Flat & Lifeless… Totally an audible difference compared to my SMSL SU-9, running thru Odyssey Kismet Monoblocks to . 7 Maggi’s….With Cardas Clear Interconnects.

You’re milage may vary and I’m not running it to an oscilloscope… Just my ears and I was not happy with the SQ. If the A6 were my 1st DAC and I’ve not heard anything else I’d probably be ok with it, but hearing my SU-9 and friend’s other DAC (Zanden 5000 mkIV), Totally not happy with the sound of the A6’s DAC. We both returned our A6’s both having the identical issues as listed above on each of our separate systems.
The Streamer on the other hand sounded much better then the one in the Bluesound N130

Both of us liking the interface so much agree we’d repurchase if they straightened out the issues in a future release.
Logic yours SML SU 9 is a Dac 9038 pro, I'm interested in the Z8, it has a very good implementation of the chip, to put with my Rose 250 which only has the 9038 K2M chip like the DMP A6, it could be interesting...

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor

CJW

I continue to be flummoxed by why people prefer a tiny display on the streaming device to controlling things using a larger (phone or tablet) screen, but okay.

One can add a SSD for Bluesound Node access by several different methods. https://support1.bluesound.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/7772267458071-External-Hard-Drive-Format

Why would one want to install Android apps on a streamer? That one puzzles me.
Does the Bluesound have XLR outs? No
Can the Blueound Play Apple Music hi res? No
Does the Bluesound have a screen? No
can you control the A6 on an phone or tablet like the Bluesound? Yes
Can you install a hard drive directly into the Node? No
Can you sort your Qubuz album view on BlueOS by Artist? No
Does BlueOS tell you the bitrate of the music playing? No
Does the A6 look cool? Yes
Does the Node look cool? No

The Bluesound does have its advantages but to say you don’t understand why someone would pick the A6 is not really doing their research.

Tangband

Major Contributor

I dont distrust your opinion about the sound but - this might be a product that need some burn in for the electronics to settle . I have heard many dacs that completely transformed its sound after a couple of days . ( this is my subjective opinion yes … )

nawfal07

The response to the EverSolo brand is phenomenal, many competitors feel challenged. You’ll see new accounts everywhere with their “honest” subjective reviews.

Last edited:

georgescookie

Hello,
Just got the dmp-A6, and test it.
As streamer it’s wonderful very intuitive and easy to use, for the price is hard to beat. Well done Eversolo.
In terms of sound quality for me an to my ears and on my system (benchmark la4 and rb-1582 mkII) it’s step down compare to a very old pci card lynx L22.(with audirvana).
I use it with volume passthrough mode 5,2v output with the xlr and I as « afraid » to turn up the volume up on my preamp because my amp accept only 3v but at the same sound level my L22 sound much louder, cleaner.(the level output is only +4dbu)
On the dmp-a6 the sound is lack of depth, the separation of instruments isn’t clean, i found the sound is flat, it’s not bad it’s lifeless..
I think as streamer dac is very good value, if you have no source and dac.
It will be better to use it with an external dac and why pay more for a little computer.
Hi Alex05..just curious how long did you use the A6 for before coming to that conclusion about the sound? Cheers

as-lot

No
I continue to be flummoxed by why people prefer a tiny display on the streaming device to controlling things using a larger (phone or tablet) screen, but okay.
Not necessarily to control things. One might also want to check what's playing without Shazamming it.

Internet Radio being obvious, but neither do all of us live alone. Could be some other household member's playlist.

SP13

I dont distrust your opinion about the sound but - this might be a product that need some burn in for the electronics to settle . I have heard many dacs that completely transformed its sound after a couple of days . ( this is my subjective opinion yes … )
Had it on for just about a week straight 24/7

nawfal07

Gary4321

Control APP - CAST, You will be able to directly operate Apple music, Spotify on your phone screen。
And we have integrated Amazon Music's native API and are waiting for Amazon certification
Thanks! Got that working. A bit laggy but works.
I have my player hooked up with an HDMI . How can I stream multi channel music? Wanted to see what that sounded like
2 channel sounded very good - big stage. Felt like Diana Krall was in the room with us.

Top Bottom