• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WiiM Mini Streamer

Music1969

Major Contributor
Pro still long way to go before release.
Lol under 8 weeks to go.

giphy.gif

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I just saw that Audirvana is incorporating Chromecast. I wonder if Google is being more liberal with licensing.

Smartplug

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I just saw that Audirvana is incorporating Chromecast. I wonder if Google is being more liberal with licensing.
The more they do that the more licensing money will garner. Business is about making money so why restrict? Now, if they revamp chromecast to support 192khz it will be the best thing it can happen since the slice of bread. Chromecast will become a connect to just about everything without going going on proprietary from one to others.

Ralph_Cramden

Major Contributor
LMS has had it for years, as have virtually all the streaming services. I think Google only limits the receiving end.

Kachda

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Can you point out where he made such a statement?

All I have seen was his "the app was reliable and gave me the option of configuring Toslink output for bit exact". Nothing about testing procedure.
Please read the last part of the review

“Personally I can't recommend the WiiM Mini due to lack of support for Roon player. That aside, it is great to see bit exact digital output in a budget streamer allowing you to improve its performance to any level you want using your own DAC.”

onlyoneme

Major Contributor
mam KI mam Kef ls50 Wireless (1). Czy dostanę odsłuch w trybie Tidal master po optyku po podłączeniu wiima mini. Kef ma swoje ograniczenie i staję przed dylematem, czy postęp kef ls50 Wireless kontynuuje generowanie. Wolałbym tego ze względu na koszty. Wejścia optyczne ma optymalność w osiąganiu optymalnego mqa Mistrz pływów.
I will ask for help because I do not want to spend money unnecessarily.
I'm Polish but I do not understand what you've written in "Polish".

onlyoneme

Major Contributor
Please read the last part of the review

“Personally I can't recommend the WiiM Mini due to lack of support for Roon player. That aside, it is great to see bit exact digital output in a budget streamer allowing you to improve its performance to any level you want using your own DAC.”
I've seen that but I do not know how exactly he came to his conclusion. Statement about an "option of configuring Toslink output for bit exact" shouldn't be considered as a proof.

onlyoneme

Major Contributor
Korzystam z translatora i dlatego chyba to tak słabo wyszło. Chodzi mi efekt podlaczenia wiim do Kef ls50 Wireless (1).
Obsluga Tidal master po optyku oraz skorzystanie z equalizera.
CCzy jest możliwość przejścia na priv?
Try to use English here, please.

DeepSpace57

It is highly likely to meet the owner of this Deezer account here. I can take any song suggestion from him/her. LOL

Attachments

• IMG_C65FC84EE89A-1.jpeg
    IMG_C65FC84EE89A-1.jpeg
    233.2 KB · Views: 66

onlyoneme

Major Contributor
Amir measured WiiM Mini TOSLINK / APx loop SINAD at ~140 dB, that's as bit perfect as one can get.
How can this measure being player bitperfect? Can sinad indicate if data is being altered/unaltered in the process of decoding and outputting to the DAC?

Bamyasi

How can this measure being player bitperfect? Can sinad indicate if data is being altered/unaltered in the process of decoding and outputting to the DAC?
Of course, that's exactly what SINAD measures (24 bits equal 144 dB of dynamic range). Streaming services are different story altogether, one cannot know for sure what's being streamed.

onlyoneme

Major Contributor
Of course, that's exactly what SINAD measures. Streaming services are different story altogether, one cannot know for sure what's being streamed.
AFAIK sinad is an abbreviation to "signal to noise and distortion ratio". Can you explain how it can indicate if player alters some data in the decoding process?

Ralph_Cramden

Major Contributor
AFAIK sinad is an abbreviation to "signal to noise and distortion ratio". Can you explain how it can indicate if player alters some data in the decoding process?
I converted a few of the RME test files from WAV to FLAC. They still show bit-perfect on the RME display, so the WiiM is converting them just fine.

onlyoneme

Major Contributor
I converted a few of the RME test files from WAV to FLAC. They still show bit-perfect on the RME display, so the WiiM is converting them just fine.
I've made similar tests before and I know they pass ADI-2 tests. However I don't know what exactly ADI-2 does internally to verify such files. That's why I'm looking for the proof with real song files.

onlyoneme

Major Contributor
There is an option "USB (Rec opt.)" in ADI-2. Can you try to use it to record Mini's toslink output and then compare with the original song?

Top Bottom