• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

You have $4000. What speakers do you buy?

• Thread starter Deleted member 28042
  • Start date

Thunder22

Sadly I don't have any measurements only a subjective recommendation. I may send in a 826.2 for testing. However if I did the measurements would not be published for 3-6 months and would not shed light on the 896.2 bass roll off.

HeadDoc12

Forum Donor
So, OF COURSE the obvious answer is "It depends..." on the kind of music you listen to (to an extent), your preference for analog or digital sources, your living space, etc. BUT, I am happy to give a specific answer anyway, because that's what you want. I truly believe that the future of this hobby/obsession/addiction/sickness is ACTIVE STREAMING LOUDSPEAKERS. I think it is hard to make the case - especially when we see what gets the best reviews on this site - that separate components with passives can approach the sound quality of an active system, price being equal. When speaker manufacturers can control the usual speaker components PLUS amplification, DSP, user interface, etc., the results speak for themselves. So, if you have a huge listening room that needs serious SPLs, or don't want to ditch your amp setup, ignore what I'm about to suggest (maybe just get the best Revel floorstanders you can afford, maybe?). Otherwise, you have two choices: the Buchardt A500, or the KEF LS50 Wireless II with a KC62 subwoofer. I believe both setups will cost almost exactly $4K. There are differences, of course, and John Darko posted a good video a few months back on YouTube comparing them (minus the KEF sub). His conclusion is that the KEFs are for people who don't want to mess too much with settings, placement, etc., and the A500s are more for the majority of people in this forum: people who like to fiddle and tweak to maximize performance to suit their specific needs. I await angry, dismissive, insulting reactions with a small amount of glee...

hunden

I wish you can sell bitcoins as easily as you buy them without having to justify where the money comes from (not talking about <10.000$ though).

this is life:)

At just under $4k US, the Bryson Mini T is a fantastic speaker.
To be clear, they are not so “mini” with trading cryptocurrency.

They pair nicely with McIntosh SS gear.

Last edited:

King_Pin

Pyle FTW
2_x_padh212.jpg

Mutsu

I've recently ordered a pair of March Audio Sointuva's that fall right into this price bracket (natural wood).

They'll replace a pair of Tannoy Precision 6.2 floor standers assuming I'm happy with them.

Bleib

Major Contributor
Ino Audio pi60 and since there's money remaining also Ino Audio piP for the PC

Attachments

• !!.jpg
    !!.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 100
  • 54295.jpg
    54295.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 95

Chromatischism

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Let's say you have $4000 and you want to buy a pair of speakers. You can spend less, but not more than $4000. What make and model would you purchase? Bookshelves? Floor standers? What would you purchase and WHY would you but that make and model? Please recommend something that is currently produced.
My under $4000 list:

Arendal 1723 Tower
Revel M126Be
JTR Noesis 210HT
Revel F206
JBL 708P

Top Bottom