• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

PMC Result 6, has anyone listened to them or have any measurements?

OP
L

LostJack

Does Dirac introduce latency or phase rotation? Would not be better hardware for this kind of stuff?

Penelinfi

Is it me or are you asking questions then dissing the answers if you don't like them?
Perhaps try to listen to some monitors at a shop or find ones with wide dispersion. Maybe Focal

Also if you want something for 40-120Hz, it's going to be a largish woofer, pour something with DSP or at least bass boost if using a smaller woofer.

I'm not sure what room treatments you have but using them can help ease harshness in high frequencies and also give better "detailed in frequency" , even when using near field monitors

lowkeyoperations

Does Dirac introduce latency or phase rotation? Would not be better hardware for this kind of stuff?

8ms apparently. I’ve never noticed it composing and mixing but I’m not tracking live. I’m sure you could switch if off during recording it’s an issue.

Last edited:
OP
L

LostJack

8ms apparently. I’ve never noticed it composing and mixing but I’m not tracking live. I’m sure you could switch if off during recording it’s an issue.

Is not that much, very interesting. Thanks for the info. I want to try it.

lowkeyoperations

I bought a Dirac live licence and you can use it on 2 computers. So I have my Amphion One15s with Dirac in the studio and a pair of Dynaudio XD20s in the lounge room fed by a Mac mini running Dirac too.

So while it’s not super cheap, being able to run my studio and lounge room setups with the one license is pretty good value.

Last edited:
OP
L

LostJack

I bought a Dirac live licence and you can use it on 2 computers. So I have my Amphion One15s with Dirac in the studio and a pair of Dynaudio XD20s in the lounge room fed by a Mac mini running Dirac too.

So while it’s not super cheap, being able to run my studio and lounge room setups with the one license is pretty good value.
500 bucks in total is a low cost investment if it really works well, considering that you can use it for 2 setups. Also for the monitor I'll consider Amphion and Quested s7r. I read good stuff for both on gearspace.

Top Bottom