• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Will you stop using Spotify now? Vote

Will you stop using Spotify?

• Yes

Votes: 143 34.5%
  • No

Votes: 226 54.5%
  • I don't know

Votes: 35 8.4%
  • On the contrary, I'll start using Spotify now!

Votes: 11 2.7%

• Total voters
OP
DanielT

DanielT

Major Contributor
Speaking of Pizzas.This delicacy! Pizza with burgers in.LOL.:)

"The calorie-laden dish was originally invented for people who could not decide whether to get a pizza or a hamburger after a night of heavy drinking."

81f6c401230749ddabd189419e45e32c.jpg

...and do not forget the delicious french fries that are included. ;)

Attachments

• 6765629_78.jpg
    6765629_78.jpg
    454.8 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

DavidEdwinAston

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
i'd murder for one of those Daniel! And that's before I've had a single Bishops Finger!

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
Speaking of Pizzas.This delicacy! Pizza with burgers in.LOL.:)

"The calorie-laden dish was originally invented for people who could not decide whether to get a pizza or a hamburger after a night of heavy drinking."

View attachment 183191

...and do not forget the delicious french fries that are included. ;)
That's even worse than Canadian "cuisine."

Bastia

I was already on my way out with Spotify. The unknown status of hi-def audio was at least enough reason to fully move over to Apple Music since I'm deep into their ecosystem. It's cheaper too for the whole family. Spotify also don't support Airplay from the Spotify app, which as far as I know, was announced at some point as work in progress. Similar to hi-def its status is unknown... I also don't fully stand behind their move to integrate podcasts into the app. Would be nice to turn it off, but with the money they've been spending on exclusive podcast content, they obviously want all their users to listen to them.

I might check Deezer at some point, it's the only one I never tried and they are compatible (similar to Apple Music) with my Homepod's too.

DavidEdwinAston

Forum Donor
At the moment my searches seem to make Qobuz and Spotify about the same for choice.
As an aside, I really would not have thought there would be a better version of "Four Strong Winds" than Neil's. The original by Ian and Sylvia is wonderful.

deweydm

Besides Apple Music with their Apple Digital Masters, are any of the other streaming services doing anything to try and mitigate the loudness wars? Kinda disappointing how few recordings on AM are Apple Digital Masters still. But at least they understand it’s a problem. Does Spotify?

Axo1989

Major Contributor
I just signed up for Spotify. Free speach is not always pretty but the alternative is always tyranny. Science is about debate and the exchange of ideas not about silencing someone you don't agree with.
Free speech has nothing to do with this. It's commercial decision, nothing more nor less.
My guess is levimax is wrong, and MaxBuck is on the money. Spotify reckon they've deleted 20,000 posts [without going into detail for obvious reasons] so are unlikely to be the paragon of free speech here. I'd say it's a podcast-led business strategy and has nothing to do with subject matter. By contrast, they appear to have abandoned the technical battle with Apple and Amazon (not to forget Tidal).

Pineapple on pizza, on the other hand, is a sacrilege.
Even more correct here.

devopsprodude

I had already switched to Apple Music a few months ago and now I'm really glad I did. Much better audio quality with Atmos mixed songs and pretty much everything available in high res lossless too. This is just the icing on the cake. The leadership at Spotify aren't making smart choices.

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I had already switched to Apple Music a few months ago and now I'm really glad I did. Much better audio quality with Atmos mixed songs and pretty much everything available in high res lossless too. This is just the icing on the cake. The leadership at Spotify aren't making smart choices.
Spotify's execs are too busy stuffing their pockets more than anything else.

Prana Ferox

I stopped using Spotify ages ago because of the ads on the free side, but I'm probably canceling Tidal soon and may switch over. I only got Tidal because of one of the BF deals and it's nothing special. Spotify Connect seems much more practical and Spotify seems to have a better library in general.

OP
DanielT

DanielT

Major Contributor
They have loudness normalization since like forever: https://productionadvice.co.uk/spotify-loudness-war/ (23 Oct 2009)
Hm, by the way, regarding to process music. Tidal and MQA. Got exhausted when I saw the monster thread here on ASR about MQA.
I did not have enough energy / interest to read through that whole thread so I ignored evaluating if Tidal could be an alternative.

Last edited:
Reactions: BN1

BN1

Hm, by the way, regarding to process music. Tidal and MQA. Got exhausted when I saw the monster thread here on ASR about MQA.
I did not have enough energy / interest to read through that whole thread so I ignored evaluating if Tidal could be an alternative.

Ditto on MQA, I just don't have the ears to detect a difference, either + or -, so why go through the frustration ?

BN1

I stopped using Spotify ages ago because of the ads on the free side, but I'm probably canceling Tidal soon and may switch over. I only got Tidal because of one of the BF deals and it's nothing special. Spotify Connect seems much more practical and Spotify seems to have a better library in general.
Spot's ads are very intrusive. Otherwise, the free service is pretty good. Fortunately on the pay sites, there are better deals out there now (eg Apple, Amazon) which also have better sound quality than Spotify and no ads.

DavidEdwinAston

Forum Donor
This morning, I used bluetooth to connect my phone to the Ruarks. Then via Qobuz played two classical pieces. I think the Beethoven showed Hi Res 44.1. The Mozart violin Sonata is definitely Hi Res 96 khz.
Both tracks sounded perfect.

Top Bottom