• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WiiM Pro Plus Streamer Review

Rate this streamer/DAC:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 60 17.6%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 272 80.0%

• Total voters

audioje

From where? I know WiiM said they’re now developing 10 rather than 8 band PEQ and room correction but didn’t have plans to release the beta for another fortnight.

TedBaker

I have the Winamp, from yesterday, and the mini, after updating the WIIM home I have 10 band PEQ on both devices.

Xibal

Hi all folks, and thanks to @Amir for the always punctual and exhaustive review. I was wondering to use this device, or his lesser brother "Pro" as a source, and then use the following product as a DAC and DSP at the same time, saving space, money and eventually "processing" (D/A and DSP would be one operation instead of two?Sorry, i'm definitively a noob). But as far as i know, this IK multimedia ARC got just xlr balanced and usb input, but Wiim got no usb nor xlr output, so how could i connect Wiim to this?
Thank you very much for the patience...

Last edited:

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi all folks, and thanks to @Amir for the always punctual and exhaustive review. I was wondering to use this device, or his lesser brother "Pro" as a source, and then use the following product as a DAC and DSP at the same time, saving space, money and eventually "processing" (D/A and DSP would be one operation instead of two?Sorry, i'm definitively a noob). But as far as i know, this IK multimedia ARC got just xlr balanced and usb input, but Wiim got no usb nor xlr output, so how could i connect Wiim to this?
Thank you very much for the patience...
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/arcstudio/
The link you provided has a issue. :D

staticV3

Master Contributor
But as far as i know, this IK multimedia ARC got just xlr balanced and usb input, but Wiim got no usb nor xlr output, so how could i connect Wiim to this?
You would connect them using an RCA->XLR cable:
1710191008222.png

Overseas

Major Contributor
Discussed here

Ralph_Cramden

Major Contributor

Jimster480

Major Contributor
Room correction looks really nice. I mean, this is quite tempting. I know I just bought a HEOS HS2 on eBay, but room correction is really cool.

Smitty2k1

Room correction looks really nice. I mean, this is quite tempting. I know I just bought a HEOS HS2 on eBay, but room correction is really cool.
My Denon AVR has Heos built in and I hate it so much. I just use it to stream music from a local file server and the Wiim (running LMS) is such a better experience.

Calor

Hi folks,
I've been looking here for a while, it's my first message.
I plan to get the Wiim Pro plus to connect it to my Yamaha R-n803D (a musiccast amplifier from 2019).
In addition to the equalizer that I plan to use for my speakers, can I expect a gain in quality (like level of detail, clarity) with streaming services comparing to my amp ?

Haskil

Forum Donor
Hi folks,
I've been looking here for a while, it's my first message.
I plan to get the Wiim Pro plus to connect it to my Yamaha R-n803D (a musiccast amplifier from 2019).
In addition to the equalizer that I plan to use for my speakers, can I expect a gain in quality (like level of detail, clarity) with streaming services comparing to my amp ?
But this Yamaha amp has YPAO and streaming services... Why add a Wim Pro Plus whose best performances on paper are not necessarily audible compared to those native to this amplifier...

Calor

I need an EQ because the YPAO system have limited capabilities to do all the requested adjustements (level per channel, distance, sub crossover are only available in YPAO settings).

Haskil

Forum Donor
I need an EQ because the YPAO system have limited capabilities to do all the requested adjustements (level per channel, distance, sub crossover are only available in YPAO settings).
Unless things have changed very recently, YPAO is even more efficient than what Wim Pro Plus currently offers in terms of corrections: the part correction has not yet been released (we do not know exactly what it will do) and the parametric correction is currently limited in number of hinge frequencies... It may be urgent to wait a little...

Top Bottom