• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Wiim pro plus or Nuprime dac-9 with streamer?

BarrryBarrry

Hi guys,
I have a Nuprime dac-9 and Nuprime AMG STA. I use my tv as a streamer for Spotify. Now I want to add a streamer for lossless.
I have no idea how good my dac is so I would love to hear advice.
Should I go for a Wiim pro plus or add a streamer to my dac-9.
Or any other options for dac's and streamer seperate or integrated.
Thanks a lot!

tc2007

For that kind of money, why not just get an Eversolo A6 / A6 Master Edition / A8 depending on how much you want to spend.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Almost certainly better off improving your speakers and/or their interaction with the room, unless the Nuprime is extremely poorly designed.
Keith

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I would start with the easiest and possibly cheapest solution first- assuming the NuPrime has an optical in- get a Wiim mini.

It has limited PEQ so you can do basic headphone/ room correction as a bonus, gets you lossless for most services that offer it and its about $80.

tc2007

Hi guys,
I have a Nuprime dac-9 and Nuprime AMG STA. I use my tv as a streamer for Spotify. Now I want to add a streamer for lossless.
I have no idea how good my dac is so I would love to hear advice.
Should I go for a Wiim pro plus or add a streamer to my dac-9.
Or any other options for dac's and streamer seperate or integrated.
Thanks a lot!
Sorry I misread your post initially. I see you already own the NuPrime, if you like that sound then yes, just add a Wiim Mini via optical.

Top Bottom