• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WiiM Mini Streamer

Overseas

Major Contributor
We do not know numbers but usually we don't have such reports at all in case of other devices.
The f... plastic door just crumbled, like made of bread crumbs or something.
In my view, Wiim better delivers the gadget with a permanent optical cable stuck definitevely there and thats it.

morillon

Major Contributor
If it works... what exactly?
I am not touching the optical anymore. Only the physical port is damaged, so the connection itself probably works but I am not trying to find out, I do not see how to stabilize the cable inside.
The rest works.
you tried..?
there that the broken protective door at first sight...
no?

Alan B

Thanks Alan! Just so I understand… you’re using the Logitech Media Server software installed on Windows (rather than the Logitech Sqeezebox device), and using the WiiM app to access its file structure. Is the WiiM searching the metadata or just the file structure? Is there any app player (iOS or Android) that can build a library from metadata?

I shouldn’t be too concerned about building a library because my file structure is pretty well organized anyway (genre/artist/albums/tracks).

Yes, I have over 12,000 music tracks on my windows laptop, accessed by Logitech Media Server, so when I switch the laptop on the WiiM can see the music files, search by artist, track, album or playlist and play them via the Wiim App.

Not sure if the WiiM can see the metadata and I dont know if there is an app player that can build a library from the metadata.

onlyoneme

Major Contributor
The f... plastic door just crumbled, like made of bread crumbs or something.
In my view, Wiim better delivers the gadget with a permanent optical cable stuck definitevely there and thats it.
I've always preferred an old type:

1671705884042.png

morillon

Major Contributor
I've always preferred an old type:

View attachment 251689
an old standard.
I also prefer of course
no door..no door to break etc
;-)
hihi
except that we lose the "cork" all the time..
(
I better understand what you were referring to as a more qualitative toslink connector...
)

Last edited:

JasonC331

Forum Donor
Send that picture they will send another no questions asked, and yes different on the pro and a different OPtical cable type as well.

Overseas

Major Contributor
Vendor was helpful in the end. Maybe I will have the chance to put my on hands on Pro to check it.
If not, money goes to Yamaha WXC 50.

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
On the plus side - the door is just a dust/dirt barrier. Really not needed if you are using the port.

sajgre

Vendor was helpful in the end. Maybe I will have the chance to put my on hands on Pro to check it.
If not, money goes to Yamaha WXC 50.
I don't like Yamahas app for music streaming at all. I'm going the other way, from WXC-50 to Wiim pro :)

onlyoneme

Major Contributor
Ah - OK, that's not good then. I've always thought the clipping mechanism was separate. Possibly I"m thinkning of the older "cork" style shown above.
Unfortunately this door is part of the locking mechanism, it adds some pressure to the plug and simulates missing hole at the top of socket.

Witterings

I don't like Yamahas app for music streaming at all. I'm going the other way, from WXC-50 to Wiim pro :)

I nearly bought a 2nd hand WXA very recently as it was possibly an amp upgrade as well, do you know if the Amazon Music App will see the Yamaha's in their list of devices to stream to so you can use the Amazon App rather than the Yamaha one?

Overseas

Major Contributor
Now this is a nice optical

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221222_183445_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221222_183445_com.android.chrome.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 112

telemike

I nearly bought a 2nd hand WXA very recently as it was possibly an amp upgrade as well, do you know if the Amazon Music App will see the Yamaha's in their list of devices to stream to so you can use the Amazon App rather than the Yamaha one?

NO Wiim is the only one who can. Not even BluOS can

Top Bottom