• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WiiM Amp discussion

Power Pop 23

Forum Donor
FYI

Apparently Topping is joining WiiM and Qudelix in offering 'consumer' hardware with parametric equalization (PEQ).

Last edited:

mskis

Hooked up the amp last night. Only briefly used it but it sounded good, peq seemed to work well, and no static or other major problems. Hooked to Kef R7 it drove them pretty loud in a relatively large space with high ceilings.

mvnchies

Hooked up the amp last night. Only briefly used it but it sounded good, peq seemed to work well, and no static or other major problems. Hooked to Kef R7 it drove them pretty loud in a relatively large space with high ceilings.
do you hear any kind of hiss if you are relatively close to the speakers? perhaps less than 3ft/1m distance?
it's really the only thing I worry about... with the last TPA amplifier I had, the hiss was quite bad. also had some strange interference noise.

thank you!

jmtocali

do you hear any kind of hiss if you are relatively close to the speakers? perhaps less than 3ft/1m distance?
it's really the only thing I worry about... with the last TPA amplifier I had, the hiss was quite bad. also had some strange interference noise.

thank you!
It was the first test that I did with mine. No audible hiss in my case.

Kabeltrommel

I was able to order the Wiim Amp for 299€ here in Germany in the beginning of December. Unfortunately, the delivery schedule (2 weeks) is not met. I was told that there are only 300 devices for Germany and all are sold. Not sure if only for that Shop or in total. However, they told me they will ship them in the beginning of January or 26 / 27 December. Meh. But the price is good.

ninetylol

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I was able to order the Wiim Amp for 299€ here in Germany in the beginning of December. Unfortunately, the delivery schedule (2 weeks) is not met. I was told that there are only 300 devices for Germany and all are sold. Not sure if only for that Shop or in total. However, they told me they will ship them in the beginning of January or 26 / 27 December. Meh. But the price is good.
yeh thats why i cancelled, they are already on their third false delivery promise.

mskis

thank you!
Max volume nothing playing I don’t hear any hiss from the speakers even closer than one foot.

wilkman

Where did you order it for 299? I thought 314 for -10% preorder was the best offer in Germany. I ordered it directly on the German wiim page.

ninetylol

Fyi Amazon.de got it available with arriving date tomorrow.

Monosauras

Simple question, but the Wiim has piqued my interest.

How easy is it to change the source? I'm thinking of having it for desktop use where I switch between two computers (one connected via usb, the other via optical).

Matt_Holland

Simple question, but the Wiim has piqued my interest.

How easy is it to change the source? I'm thinking of having it for desktop use where I switch between two computers (one connected via usb, the other via optical).
I’m afraid the USB input is for playback of files from storage devices, not streaming.

ninetylol

Link? For me its still 26/27
Sold out now
Screenshot_20231220_090657_Bromite.jpg

grogi.giant

No PFFB, so typical for TPA3255 load dependency.

Top Bottom