• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What interconnects do you use in your systems? What do you think about Van Damme ones?

BobbyTimmons

Hi I've been reading this forum for around a year. What interconnects do you use in your systems? What do you think about Van Damme ones?

I just ordered some ones based on Van Damme instrument cable. I'm hoping they'll be fit for purpose (i.e. long lasting and sufficiently shielded).

garbulky

Major Contributor
I think the main difference I've found with these nterconnects is in the dynamics. The Van Damme interconnects definitely had Double the Impact. Recreating an accurate soundstage is certainly a Hard Target. But with the Van Damme interconnects, it was like I had unleashed a Kickboxer in my system. With stereo recordings, the two channels combined to make a Double Team Kickboxing team of awesome. Nothing was Expendable in the reproduction of good sound.
Throughout complex classical scores, I felt like there was no faltering. These cables had their eyes set on true transparency. In other words they were on a Quest and it was all No Retreat and No Surrender.

All kidding aside:) I hope you enjoy your cables! I personally have never found significant differences in interconnects. I mainly use XLR cables.

solderdude

Grand Contributor

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Van Damme interconnects kick ass.

Of Coors they do.

1577394996293.png

Full Disclosure: I use Van Damme Blue Series speaker cable.

OP
BobbyTimmons

BobbyTimmons

• are they well designed?
  • are they well constructed?
  • are they suitable for the purpose at hand?
If so why would the be different than any other similar cable?
We'll see. Well I just ordered them, so it will be a few days till they arrive. They have neutrik connectors. Fingers crossed they will be well constructed.

Obviously, there should not be any audible improvement compared to a similar cable.

Last edited:
OP
BobbyTimmons

BobbyTimmons

Never heard of Van Damme before now.
When I installed some 6mm Van Damme speaker cable some years ago for my system, I had an impression of an audible upgrade, compared to the 16 gauge aluminium (copper plated aluminium) speaker wire I had in the system before - but that would be my fault for having 16 gauge and aluminum wire, rather than any special quality of the new wire. That said, I wasn't obsessed enough to try any blind testing of whether was there an actual improvement, so the improvement I noticed could have been confirmation bias.

Last edited:

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
I use vanDamme miniXLR-to-XLR cables for my DAC outputs.

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I use wire from Home Depot for my speakers. For interconnects, whatever I can find. Anyone who spends large amounts of money on wires should be given sugar and a puppy.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I use whatever is a good deal and if it's free even better. I've made thousands of pairs of snake oil dipped RCA interconnects destined for the retail shelves of Canada and other than concerns about the connection integrity I'm not into all the hype of sound variations from quality cable to quality cable. I used a vent hood with high powered suction and a solder pot for the brunt work and lotsa kester flux creating smoke. It was decades ago when I was a young apprentice and working on whatever I was asked to do and making cables for a wholesaler was one of the tasks at hand. After making thousands of pairs of interconnects one becomes very adept at cable work. As a side note I had 2 single cables return for defects and warranty exchange :)
This is some pretty snaky stuff>
https://mitcables.com/

Last edited:
Top Bottom